Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, how long until Jacobs is released?

HailSkins81

Of the WR's already here, I think we need to keep Thrash the most. I don't see Jacobs sticking around now, especially if we sign Randle-El as well. I wonder about Patten as well.

I don't see it being too long until we let go Jacobs, though.

What are your thoughts?

It is a strong possibility. the other question you might ask... how long until Patten is traded?

If we sign Lloyd AND El then Patten will be paid wayy too much to be a #4 reciever. Remember he's being paid as a #2 right now. We'd be better off unloading his salary to another team and trying to get a late round pick in exchange, and then keep Jacobs for extreme depth.

Patten will stay here and be the #3 and possibly thrive there like he did in NE.

Jacobs will be gone soon enough, maybe to clear room to sign the rookies. That leaves Thrash remaining. Even getting older and losing a step last season because of injury (if he's healed, he should be ok), the team loves him 1000x more than Taylor "I think I have a concussion" Jacobs.

Gone>>>>>>

I wish he'd a worked out.....thought he was a good pick.

Such a shame. He made some mad catches in college. I thought it was a good pick as well. I suppose there are no guarantees. I wonder if Kellen Winslow Jr will finally pay off after 2 years of injury.

Such a shame. He made some mad catches in college. I thought it was a good pick as well. I suppose there are no guarantees.

It would only make him the typical Spurrier/Florida WR getting into the Pros. He shouldn't feel so bad about that... ;)

Lloyd is a Redskin now. El, via some excellent sources on this site (I don't have to say his name) will be here as well. Jacobs doesn't earn much, so we could keep him as the number 4 or 5, seeing as we WILL be starting next season w/ 5 WR's. I asked this previously, but will delve further in: Will we trade Patten to make up for the draft picks we lost in getting Lloyd? I still like the Vernon Davis rumor. Patten, Betts, next years first to the Jets for their first this year? Patten is earning too much to be a #3, possibly #4, plus his recent remarks leave him highly suspect. Of course we could trade Patten, trade/cut Jacobs, and promote Farris. Thoughts?

Lloyd is a Redskin now. El, via some excellent sources on this site (I don't have to say his name) will be here as well. Jacobs doesn't earn much, so we could keep him as the number 4 or 5, seeing as we WILL be starting next season w/ 5 WR's. I asked this previously, but will delve further in: Will we trade Patten to make up for the draft picks we lost in getting Lloyd? I still like the Vernon Davis rumor. Patten, Betts, next years first to the Jets for their first this year? Patten is earning too much to be a #3, possibly #4, plus his recent remarks leave him highly suspect. Of course we could trade Patten, trade/cut Jacobs, and promote Farris. Thoughts?

I like Farris I think he has a lot of potential

When Patten wasn't hurt, he was pretty good at drawing a pass interference call. I think we will miss that talent if we trade him.

:D

Archived