Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which President was the biggest Bad@$$?

Cdowwe

When you think of past presidents, which ones do you think of as badasses, for any reason.

Id have to go with TR...for having some big ones by sending that Great White Fleet out and told Congress he had enough money to send them half way, and if they wanted it back, theyd have to approve the money. Plus all his hunting pictures.

Notables include Andrew Jackson, Washington, and Jimmy Carter...just kidding about Carter.

Andrew Jackson. No doubt.

Correct! President Jackson actually chased an individual who attempted to shoot him several blocks and proceeded to kick his butt. I can not imagine any modern day President pushing his SS agents aside and chasing a gunman several blocks to pistol whip his butt.

FDR. Smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish. Guided the nation through the great depression. Passed more legislation in 100 days than any other President ever. Told us "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" because he didnt fear anything. Faced down Germany AND Japan at the same time. Authorized the elimination of entire German cities (google "Dresden" + "Firestorm"). Only member of the big 3 to submit himself to an election by the people in the middle of the war. All this while stricken with Polio.

FDR. Smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish. Guided the nation through the great depression. Passed more legislation in 100 days than any other President ever. Told us "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" because he didnt fear anything. Faced down Germany AND Japan at the same time. Authorized the elimination of entire German cities (google "Dresden" + "Firestorm"). Only member of the big 3 to submit himself to an election by the people in the middle of the war. All this while stricken with Polio.

I don't think he tops Lincoln. Lincoln did the right thing and risked the very survival of his country (forget about personal popularity or political risk).

Definately TR, no doubt at all. The man was giving a speech - got shot by a would be assassin - but continued to give the damn speech. That is BAD! TR was awarded the ultimate symbol of heroism: The Congressional Medal of Honor. And you can't forget "Speak softly and carry a big stick" - one of the best quotes ever.

Lincoln is a close second imo.

Definately TR, no doubt at all. The man was giving a speech - got shot by a would be assassin - but continued to give the damn speech. That is BAD! TR was awarded the ultimate symbol of heroism: The Congressional Medal of Honor. And you can't forget "Speak softly and carry a big stick" - one of the best quotes ever.

Lincoln is a close second imo.

TR is definitely in the running but a quick point about the Medal of Honor. When he was awarded it it was the only decoration authrorized for valor. Very different situation than in WWI and later.

I'd have to go with Lincoln. Brought us through the most trying time in our history.

Teddy Roosevelt. You know that quote "walk softly and carry a big stick"? Well, TR sort of ignored the first part of that. He ordered the Pacific fleet to sail to the Phillipines so that literally minutes after the US declared war, the "big stick" would be sailing into their harbor.

Andrew Jackson's badassitude was more the result of his putting on airs.

I guess it depends on which war you think was more significant. Im a WWII guy myself.

You really think a foreign war was more significant than our Civil War. I guess its hard to compare them. If we had lost WW2, wed be speaking German right now. If the North had lost, well, I guess you know where we'd be. Either way, thered be alot of suffering.

Even though he was losing it towards the end I would have to say Ronald Regan, me might have been old but no one messed with US when he was the Prez!

Come on the named an Aircraft Carrier after him! :applause:

:rotflmao:

Sorry, Reagan was no "badass", and you must be forgetting things like this. . .

Bombing of Marine barracks in Beirut

Bombing of the US Embassy in Beiruit

Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait

CIA Station Chief William Buckley kidnapped

Bombing of U.S. Embassy annex northeast of Beirut

Hijacking of Kuwait Airways Flight 221

Hijacking of TWA Flight 847

Hijacking of cruise ship Achille Lauro

Bombing of La Belle Discotheque

Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103

Pahlease, people didn't screw with us during the Reagan admnistration :doh:

Archived