Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Can someone tell me how to keep a particular person on Facebook, who is NOT a friend of mine, from being able to see who my other friends are ?

Typically you can see someone's list of friends, even if you're not friends with the person. But how can you restrict even that ?

You can't restrict one particular person from seeing your friends on facebook. You can restrict everyone who is not your friend from being able to see who your other friends are.

You might want to do this. It's in Privacy options somewhere. I'll check Facebook later and list the process.

You can't restrict one particular person from seeing your friends on facebook. You can restrict everyone who is not your friend from being able to see who your other friends are.

The 2nd option will work fine.

You might want to do this. It's in Privacy options somewhere. I'll check Facebook later and list the process.

I've looked up and down Privacy options and can't locate it, so if you can find it, please let me know.

The 2nd option will work fine.

I've looked up and down Privacy options and can't locate it, so if you can find it, please let me know.

Settings - Privacy - Profile Information

Set everything you see to Friends Only

Then click Preview Profile

I've checked it myself, I can't see any of my friends when you look at my page

Settings - Privacy - Profile Information

Set everything you see to Friends Only

Then click Preview Profile

I've checked it myself, I can't see any of my friends when you look at my page

Did all of that, and when I preview it, everything is hidden except my list of friends. Not sure what I'm missing. I checked all the boxes.

Did all of that, and when I preview it, everything is hidden except my list of friends. Not sure what I'm missing. I checked all the boxes.

And when I go back to the Profile Options, one by one, none of them indicate anything about "Friends List"....but they all refer to other stuff like "Birthday, Photos", etc.

Make sure they all say Friends Only

Every one

Another idea...go to Privacy Settings - Search

Disable Public Search

This setting only allows search engines to access your publicly available information and any information you set to Everyone. This does not include anything you've shared with just your friends or friends of friends

If that's enabled everyone can see your friends. Disable it

When I did testing just now, I enabled this via preview and my friends were all available. I strongly think this is the function you need to disable so everyone can't see your friends.

If I disable Public Search, will that mean people who are searching for me, won't even be able to find my profile at all ?

I'm not sure but I think they can still find you.

I tried and I couldn't find myself on search until I added my school and refined the search. Maybe someone else can give you some advice.

i figured it out and have pmmed mick....but for the rest of you's...if you want to do the same thing...

click on your own profile

scroll down to your friends list and click on the little pencil next to the list

uncheck "show friends list to everyone"

I completed the eharmony questionnaire, and they said they can't match me due to my answers!

I guess I am too damn complex/weird/whatever for this world..

20-30% of people who go through the eharmony questionnaire the first time get that answer. Try again in a while now you know how to phrase your answers.

I completed the eharmony questionnaire, and they said they can't match me due to my answers!

I guess I am too damn complex/weird/whatever for this world.

I did almost hook up with a really cute 20 year old chick on Saturday night. Almost being the key word, dammit.

I'm curious to see how it works....keep us updated if you get it going.

Archived