Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

32 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I hate you.

You can hate me now

But I won't stop now

Cause I can't stop now

You can hate noooooow

Signing up to be an Uber driver.  Wish I could do a more traditional part-time job, but I can't while being in the on-call rotation with primary job.  This should be interesting, getting rubber floor mats in case someone throws up in my car, already leather interior.  See how this looks by time summer is over, VA Beach is a resort town, so this should help.

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Signing up to be an Uber driver.  Wish I could do a more traditional part-time job, but I can't while being in the on-call rotation with primary job.  This should be interesting, getting rubber floor mats in case someone throws up in my car, already leather interior.  See how this looks by time summer is over, VA Beach is a resort town, so this should help.

Will you Uber me from sandbridge to tautogs?

1 minute ago, daveakl said:

Will you Uber me from sandbridge to tautogs?

Sure, long as you paying.  Will know by end of the week if I get approved.  Do I need to put a black trash bag in the backseat for you?  I'll let you ride on the roof for free, but you have to hold on.  I'll do the explaining if we get pulled over, which is likely in a city that doesn't allow cussing.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Sure, long as you paying.  Will know by end of the week if I get approved.  Do I need to put a black trash bag in the backseat for you?  I'll let you ride on the roof for free, but you have to hold on.  I'll do the explaining if we get pulled over, which is likely in a city that doesn't allow cussing.

Don't drink so you're safe. Lol. I'm just lazy.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just heard too much crazy stuff from people.

That's the first thing my sister said to me.  In my head, I know the passanger knows I won't be carrying cash on me, but will they care?  I'm not working in Portsmouth even though I live there.  Thinking Ghent on weekdays, Oceanfront on Friday and Saturday night.  Wild is one thing, dangerous is another.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Been hearing a lot of bad things about how Uber treats their employees. If you need a PT job, you can probably do a lot better. 

Im not worried someone would try to attack me. If they tried anything while I was driving, we both die. Im just talking about weird people saying/doing weird ****. Co-worker of mine said he once dropped off this couple after the woman was giving head for like 10 minutes. Arguing couples, People shouting on the phone. Just stuff Im not sure I want to deal with

39 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Been hearing a lot of bad things about how Uber treats their employees. If you need a PT job, you can probably do a lot better. 

I can dig it.  Just frustrated from what feels like a lack of options because I'm two weeks oncall then three weeks off.  I've come close to a couple jobs and they told me no because of that.  IT guy to IT guy, any ideas?

40 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Im not worried someone would try to attack me. If they tried anything while I was driving, we both die. Im just talking about weird people saying/doing weird ****. Co-worker of mine said he once dropped off this couple after the woman was giving head for like 10 minutes. Arguing couples, People shouting on the phone. Just stuff Im not sure I want to deal with

I'm looking into options concerning people bring disrespectful towards me, for sure.  Some things I imagine will come with the territory, but have to try something.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can dig it.  Just frustrated from what feels like a lack of options because I'm two weeks oncall then three weeks off.  I've come close to a couple jobs and they told me no because of that.  IT guy to IT guy, any ideas?

I'm looking into options concerning people bring disrespectful towards me, for sure.  Some things I imagine will come with the territory, but have to try something.

You gotta do what you gotta do. All Im saying is that the idea of some dude getting head in my car haunts me. If there's anyone getting head in my car its gonna be me

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hmm, I'm not sure what companies would accommodate that kind of schedule. But if you're looking for something IT related, maybe you could go into business for yourself. I knew of a guy who was self-employed, he was basically a Network Administrator for bodyshops and service centers in the Columbia, MD area. After setting up their networks, he would come by once a week and resolve any outstanding issues and check in on things. He had five clients, and would visit them once a week for no more than 2 hours on average. Not sure how much he earned doing that but I always thought it was interesting. Maybe you could do something similar that works around your schedule. 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Start with lyft 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

That's the first thing my sister said to me.  In my head, I know the passanger knows I won't be carrying cash on me, but will they care?  I'm not working in Portsmouth even though I live there.  Thinking Ghent on weekdays, Oceanfront on Friday and Saturday night.  Wild is one thing, dangerous is another.

Being the drunk I used to be, I've used more cabs than I can ever begin to count.  (Went almost 5 years in my mid-30s not driving, so Marta and cabs got a lotta dough.)

Never threw up in one, got in some political arguments, learned a lot from a little old lady that picked me up a lot for work, and the "civil libertarian" always tried to be at the train station at XX time to get me home (we had good conversation).  I guess as a service worker, I'd advise getting some regulars, good clientele, and word of mouth gets around...the good people with good friends request you.

And while Uber is the name people know best, I've heard better things about Lyft, like Doc is saying...I haven't used either, so no first-hand knowledge here.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Oh yeah so in lyft if you rate a passenger a 1 you will never pick them up again. The lyft app will automatically ban them from you picking them up. Same if a passenger does that. Also, maybe get a camera for your car if you are paranoid. 

Actually saw an infomercial late Sunday morning for some kind of hd mirror cam that you can point towards traffic, behind you, point diagonally, like if you were being pulled over by police, or use (with some automated movement trigger) to flash anyone futzing near your car. Looks appealing, but shady, going for $49.99, plus the usual malarkey.

Seems like something like that should be around $300, starting price

Archived