Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Plenty of room on the wagon bro. Do it! Is chew a warriors fan? Chew makes Klay Thompson look like Reggie Jackson. 

:rofl89:

Nah, man.  I gave the home town team a shot but it's back to my roots.  I'm fine rooting for the Bulls exclusively again and reclaiming them as my team, it just feels right.

@Dont Taze Me Bro , haha, Stick with your initial team as a kid.  Those Lakers haters can ...never mind. I know the situation they are in now...a great one. 

I am considering a relocation, I have no interest in rooting for another team. 

When I moved here they all ( and still) tried to convince me. I don't root against them, but I don't care either way. 

NCAA, NBA, NHL, NFL, etc.  

Nope, I don't care if I live in Hawaii. I have a buddy from there that is an O's fan...always has been. 

One of the rules in my relationship with my wife is "never change" ( of course I expect her to age and such). Stick with where your heart sent you. 

Side note : I should have pranked you a few days ago. 

33 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Photo of Chew, Shemar Moore, and Drake on a ski trip in Vail, CO. Lookin' all thugged out.  Michael Ealy taking the photo. 

You're dead.  prepare your face, it's beige rage time  #beigerage

giphy.gif

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

@Dont Taze Me Bro , haha, Stick with your initial team as a kid.  Those Lakers haters can ...never mind. I know the situation they are in now...a great one. 

I am considering a relocation, I have no interest in rooting for another team. 

When I moved here they all ( and still) tried to convince me. I don't root against them, but I don't care either way. 

NCAA, NBA, NHL, NFL, etc.  

Nope, I don't care if I live in Hawaii. I have a buddy from there that is an O's fan...always has been. 

One of the rules in my relationship with my wife is "never change" ( of course I expect her to age and such). Stick with where your heart send you. 

Side note : I should have pranked you a few days ago. 

I know man, I gave into the peer pressure of rooting for the home team, though in the back of my head it never felt 100% legit.  I always felt like I betrayed the Bulls.  I think MJ being the owner made it easier to submit, but it's ok, I've broken away from his grasp.

What was the prank?

2 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Yesterday you tell me to stop tugging. Now I have no pull. Which one is it???

Pull and tug. 

Tug and pull. 

I simply offered advice to stop tugging. If you have something you need to pull, I may have heard wrong. 

40 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Plenty of room on the wagon bro. Do it! Is chew a warriors fan? Chew makes Klay Thompson look like Reggie Jackson. 

32 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

:rofl89:

Leaned on my bamma ass LOL

80588-004-0B5DCB41.jpg

Sports Fandom is simple. It's the purest form of localized patriotism. And violating it would be like supporting the British in 1812 or the Kaiser in WW1. Treason. Plain and simple.

"Oh oh I only supported the USSR in the Cold War because I was a big Yuri Gagarin fan. I mean first man in space? Come on. Legendary. Don't hate."

Nope. You're a commie traitor. 

"I swear I just supported Mussolini because both my parents are from Italy. What's the problem?"

Cool story...fascist. 

Not complicated. But sad so many people have no problem being Benedict Arnold. Not my soul though so whatever. 

Yet 90% of any DC fans are always clearing the table of their own favorite teams players. 

I have been quiet about the Lakers. I know where they are right now. I'll trash talk, but I know they are in the short rebuild mode. 

Bandwagon would mean he would jump to the most popular team. Bulls are not there right now. 

Not like when I was a kid and rocked a Hornets or Heat Starter jacket BEFORE they even existed ( stuff had to match). Same time, I had all 4 of the Lakers jackets. 

White, Gold, Black, Purple...yep, I had all of them. 

35 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Sports Fandom is simple. It's the purest form of localized patriotism. And violating it would be like supporting the British in 1812 or the Kaiser in WW1. Treason. Plain and simple.

"Oh oh I only supported the USSR in the Cold War because I was a big Yuri Gagarin fan. I mean first man in space? Come on. Legendary. Don't hate."

Nope. You're a commie traitor. 

"I swear I just supported Mussolini because both my parents are from Italy. What's the problem?"

Cool story...fascist. 

Not complicated. But sad so many people have no problem being Benedict Arnold. Not my soul though so whatever. 

You grew up in a city with all of the four major US sports in it (Bullets, Caps, Skins, O's and recently Nats).  You had local teams to root for.  I'm almost 42 years old, lived in NC my entire life.  There wasn't any Hornets or Panthers to root for.

For pro sports, you pulled for teams your parents pulled for or picked your own.  My family was Redskins fans, I became a Redskin fan and have been ever since.  In basketball, my dad was a Celtics fan growing up, for me, I didn't have a team until I picked one at age 8, which was the Bulls.  Baseball, I picked the Braves.  Hockey I didn't care about until my junior/senior year of high school and I just watched it generally until we got the Hurricanes.  

I felt more like a Benedict Arnold pulling for the home team Hornets instead of pulling for the Bulls, which I had my entire life before that.  It's real easy for you because all your teams (Nats excluded) were there from the beginning.  With NFL football being my favorite sport, I could never root for another team besides the Redskins.  

For the NBA, I thought since I had nearly separated myself from it for 4-5 years and wasn't following it religiously, that I would try the whole "pull for the home team".  It never felt right, so **** it.  Back to pulling for the Bulls.  

38 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Bandwagon would mean he would jump to the most popular team. Bulls are not there right now. 

Exactly.  And like I posted before, I never stopped pulling for them (Bulls).  I just claimed the hometown team as my own and it felt wrong, just like I thought it would.  Stuck with it as long as I could, now it's back to my roots. 

I think there's a difference between wanting a local team to do well and being a fan of said team.  And I totally get not having local teams to root for until later in life.  I still feel you should want your local team to do well, even if you aren't a fan of that team, but its not the end of the world if you don't.  I have no qualms about starting as a Yankees fan and switching to the Nats when they showed up.  We didn't have a team and when the Nats showed up I wanted them to do well.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I think there's a difference between wanting a local team to do well and being a fan of said team.  And I totally get not having local teams to root for until later in life.  I still feel you should want your local team to do well, even if you aren't a fan of that team, but its not the end of the world if you don't.  I have no qualms about starting as a Yankees fan and switching to the Nats when they showed up.  We didn't have a team and when the Nats showed up I wanted them to do well.

Exactly.  I've always wanted the local teams (Panthers and Hornets) to do well even though I was/am a Redskins fan and Bulls fan.  And I also agree that it's ok for fans of other teams to switch over to a home team if they chose to do so.  My entire family switched to the Panthers along with a lot of my friends when they arrived.  I never did and won't, which is fine too, imo.

I tried to with the Hornets, claiming them, watching all their games, etc.  Never felt right, felt like I was betraying the Bulls the entire time, even though I was still pulling for them, I wasn't claiming them.  

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

With NFL football being my favorite sport, I could never root for another team besides the Redskins.  

For the NBA, I thought since I had nearly separated myself from it for 4-5 years and wasn't following it religiously, that I would try the whole "pull for the home team".  It never felt right, so **** it.  Back to pulling for the Bulls.  

Me too about the Skins.  Couldn't even begin to think about the Falcons.  I don't care if they had won the last 10 SBs, I would still be B&G.  I've been here in ATL for 28 years this month.  My ex (that I moved here to marry, didn't happen) & I met when we both lived in Jacksonville and he knew from day one I'd never change teams.

I was watching the Braves since Jax too, but more just because of Dale Murphy in the beginning, then I moved here and it just was...especially as a bartender here, holy cow.  (Still followed the Os, tho...there'll never be anyone like Cal.)  All I know about the Braves now is what I hear on the radio, and it ain't good.  Wishing the best for Colon and Dickey, tho...oldest players in MLB, both pitchers, one a knuckleballer (we watched that special on him and Wakefield...it was really good, highly recommend.)

Archived