Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Ok, so Tuesday in one of my classes, my professor returned our papers to us that we turned in the day of spring break. I got a 92%. She openly admitted to my class that she graded our papers over break in Upstate NY in a deli while she was hungover. I post a status about that on FB after class, cause I found it hilarious how I got a 92, on a paper that my professor graded while hungover. Now, she's a pretty cool teacher, my whole class thinks she's awesome. Tonight I got a message from this girl in my class, basically saying "hey, I'd take down that FB post if I were you. I know it was funny how she told our class about her being hungover, but you don't want something like this being spread around campus, and it already is, and I doubt you would want Professor N getting in trouble". Now, a couple people (this dude in my class, and a friend from back home) told me its probably not best to put stuff like that on FB. But getting that FB message, especially from a girl I don't hang with much, it kinda freaked me out...would it be best to just delete the post?

Ok, so Tuesday in one of my classes, my professor returned our papers to us that we turned in the day of spring break. I got a 92%. She openly admitted to my class that she graded our papers over break in Upstate NY in a deli while she was hungover. I post a status about that on FB after class, cause I found it hilarious how I got a 92, on a paper that my professor graded while hungover. Now, she's a pretty cool teacher, my whole class thinks she's awesome. Tonight I got a message from this girl in my class, basically saying "hey, I'd take down that FB post if I were you. I know it was funny how she told our class about her being hungover, but you don't want something like this being spread around campus, and it already is, and I doubt you would want Professor N getting in trouble". Now, a couple people (this dude in my class, and a friend from back home) told me its probably not best to put stuff like that on FB. But getting that FB message, especially from a girl I don't hang with much, it kinda freaked me out...would it be best to just delete the post?

Leave it up.  Who gives a ****?  And being hungover is not drunk anyhow, so she was not under the influence when she read your paper.  

She can't hold that against you anyhow.  Probably should have kept her mouth shut about being hungover grading papers.

I would take it down. It's almost like dry snitching. 

No reason to post that for all the random people to see, just a funny story to tell with your friends. 

Chick he barely knows is talking about it. He likes the Prof, and it comes off as a slight. 

I dunno Kosh, my advice is from my personal experience.  The "cool" professor, tried to **** me over before graduation.  So that is where my bitterness comes from.  I also was never one to bow to the cool kids that  worshiped said professor.

Way I look at it and actually told one teacher/dean of the department, is that my tuition pays their salary.  I told them, they work for me, so I will attend classes when I damn well feel the need to.  

Yes, I'm bitter when it comes to college.  I think its wrong forcing people to go 4-5 years to get a degree they can get in 2-3, with 2 years of bull**** classes they have to take.  I think it's wrong that **** nut **** professors get tenure and can't be touched.  

I'll end my rant now.  I dunno, maybe I'm just in a dark place right now :/

I agree with most of that actually. I do not see the need for most 4 year degrees. 

I think what should happen is these big companies should basically draft kids to their own facilities to train them to work for their companies. 18-24 months and a contract to work for them for x amount of years...productive members of society at 19 or so. It's a win-win. 

I feel that all of the major businesses should offer this. 

No reason to take many of the classes that you take in college, many of them are redundant and pointless. 

Seriously, MOST people rarely use anything from the Math classes that they had to take. We plug in the problem and get the answer. 

Hell, they don't even teach cursive handwriting anymore for the younger kids. 

I've had more than enough to drink tonight lol.  My reward for being off tomorrow and Friday to watch the NCAA Tourney.  I just get pissed about college. Cause I know the true burn.  And I'm not on side of the tenured professor if they act a fool and try to be all buddy with students.

One of my best teachers of all was that cool guy. 

Class was business, his business and he ran it as he felt it should be. We all learned and had fun while doing so. 

He coached soccer and would basically play pick up games with the kids from his classes sometimes. 

Irish guy, crazy beard, he even wore a kilt one year for St. Patricks day. 

Intelligent, direct, fun, and he was able to reach the minds of our advanced classes. 

Another teacher was dead serious all the time in the class. He would address all of us as Mr and Ms (insert last name)...it worked. We paid attention because of the respect he gave us...we had to respect him also, he demanded it. To this day I can not imagine calling him Bill (if he is still alive).

Doc, I get what Taze is talking about. I certainly had some educators on different levels that were...let's just be blunt... assholes. 

I was in HS, in a class for less than 2 days. All my math credits were already taken care of. I already had AP Cal the previous year, so I took some silly math class just to have a class to fill my schedule. I didn't even take the class for credit. Teacher was a jerk, I stopped him in his tracks on the second day. He was speechless and the only thing he could do was send me to the office...I guess I forgot to tell him I was the VP aide during one of my class periods.  Dropped the class and used it as a study period. Wish I could remember that guys name. 

I like beer.

Thinking about a run to Vegas.  I think I still have some Adderall, can't believe they give kids that stuff.

Can you believe my ex-girlfriend reads this thread.  She says she finds it entertaining.  Hi Alicia  :) Love you.  **** is crazy but we gotta move on.

Action Bronson.

You don't need to know what it says.  I was about to start talking about some other **** but then decided not to.

I once traded a few grams of marijuana for some adderall in college, then flipped them for $5 each.  One of the best deals I've ever made.  College kids love that ****.  Can't belive my doctor prescribed me that.  Straight speed.

(Googles scat)

Also Cooleyfan- I'd take the post down. If you like the teacher there is no reason to potentially get her in hot water. Simple as that for me

Yes, and don't post things like that. Ever.

We need to be more aware of each other as people...let hungover things go unknown to the gen pop. Trust me, there'll be a day when you don't want anything at all said about you anywhere (except ES, of course.) :D

Yeah i took the post down right after posting on here last night. I do think she's an awesome professor, as do the rest of my class. I just was shocked that I got a 92 cause I got a C- on the last two papers, and when she said she was hungover I thought that explains the 92 then, which I joked about with a couple friends after class :P (cause for all I know, if she was sober I could have gotten a C once again, plus I literally just BSed the paper the night before)

I tattled on my teacher on my facebook and other people told me not to tattle on my facebook and now I don't think I should have tattled on my facebook, because when I wrote that I tattled on my facebook about a teacher that I like, people got upset about me tattling about my teacher on my facebook.

Seriously? You didn't know people would see your post on a social media site, that is all about telling everyone things as quickly and plainly as possible.

If I wrote on FB "cooley93 from ES is only 13", at some point today, someone who is friend or relative, is going to say something about that to someone and it'll come back here. That is what social media is.

I tattled on my teacher on my facebook and other people told me not to tattle on my facebook and now I don't think I should have tattled on my facebook, because when I wrote that I tattled on my facebook about a teacher that I like, people got upset about me tattling about my teacher on my facebook.

Seriously? You didn't know people would see your post on a social media site, that is all about telling everyone things as quickly and plainly as possible.

If I wrote on FB "cooley93 from ES is only 13", at some point today, someone who is friend or relative, is going to say something about that to someone and it'll come back here. That is what social media is.

I know what social media is. I didn't view it as "tattling" on my professor, and I still don't view it that way. Like I said, I think she is an awesome professor, and my class thinks so as well. They all thought her story was hilarious as well, so I figured nobody from my class would be offended at what I posted. My main point of my FB post was only that I got a 92 on a paper which I clearly deserved a C on. Added in the hungover part for laughs. Nobody in my class is mad at me about it.

Didn't Carmen Electra start that "act"?

And Cooleyfan,...it's not just your classmates!  And you're clearly not thinking like an adult. 

Everything's hackable (except an I-phone, apparently, lol), and there are agendas "out there" that you don't know about.  Maybe someone that doesn't like your prof is trolling her students' social media to find a way to get back at her...you never know. 

My dad always said "You can tell the truth without telling everything you know."

I didn't view it as "tattling" on my professor, and I still don't view it that way.

but you don't want something like this being spread around campus, and it already is, and I doubt you would want Professor N getting in trouble".

its probably not best to put stuff like that on FB.

Yes ya do.

I know what social media is. I didn't view it as "tattling" on my professor, and I still don't view it that way. Like I said, I think she is an awesome professor, and my class thinks so as well. They all thought her story was hilarious as well, so I figured nobody from my class would be offended at what I posted. My main point of my FB post was only that I got a 92 on a paper which I clearly deserved a C on. Added in the hungover part for laughs. Nobody in my class is mad at me about it.

I think what KB is saying is that if you thought putting it up on social media was only about sharing a joke with your class then you don't understand the way social media works. Once it's out there it's out there and there's nothing that can be done to rein it back in.

I think taking it down was the right thing to do.

That said, if she had any worry at all about what the student body or the administration would think about her personal life and/or grading methods she shouldn't have announced it to a lecture hall. It's possible she doesn't care.

Was it "hey you should take that post down, because you shouldn't have gotten that grade" or "because teacher said she was hung over"?

The second one? Yeah, that is the entire point you're making. It doesn't matter what you're trying to sell as the point of your initial post. 

You know what you did. You know what you're doing. 

Archived