Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I certainly had a sub box back in the day, dual 10" JBL's in that joint.

Next car I had 2 of the 10" Bazooka tubes.

Then I grew up.

For real.

Got a sub in your trunk? Amateur child ****. Buy a house, have a kid. I have no need for subs. Plus, the bass in my brand new truck sounds just fine to my ears.

Paul Wall's beats used to go so hard. sounded like you had king Kong in the trunk. I had three 12s in the trunk of my crown vic back when Paul Wall's People's Champ album dropped. Riding around Myrtle Beach like....

Chewtang with his Matt Dillon as Cliff Poncier in Singles blowing out car windows with the stereo lookin ass....

New sig isn't showing up MoCo.

And I'm not sure who it was that mentioned Shameless during the RTT novel I read from this weekend when I logged in this morning but yeah, I'm a fan as well. I love that show. Have been getting REALLY agitated with Fiona and Vee over the past few weeks.

For real.

Got a sub in your trunk? Amateur child ****. Buy a house, have a kid. I have no need for subs. Plus, the bass in my brand new truck sounds just fine to my ears.

I got subs in two of my rooms, soundbars in the others...in the car though.. Hell no. First off, I don't want the attention from the crooks or cops, second, I want to be able to hear when I'm 60. I don't blast them at the house either usually. Well, if I'm watching a game.

I got subs in two of my rooms, soundbars in the others...in the car though.. Hell no. First off, I don't want the attention from the crooks or cops, second, I want to be able to hear when I'm 60. I don't blast them at the house either usually. Well, if I'm watching a game.

Have a sub for my surround sound. Yep.

No sub in my car though cause I stopped wanting to be a douchebag when I turned 20.

Perhaps I'll change my avi.

Haven't changed it since the switch.

It'll be a picture of a spring.

I got subs in two of my rooms, soundbars in the others...in the car though.. Hell no. First off, I don't want the attention from the crooks or cops, second, I want to be able to hear when I'm 60.

Smart move.

But I do think it's important to note as an audio geek/professional though (And this isn't just directed at you Kosh. Just general info)...

Like most things, it's all about application. The dose makes the poison. There is absolutely nothing wrong or dangerous about adding a sub to your car system. Minus maybe strain on the battery. As a matter of fact, if audio quality matters to you then I definitely recommend it. Contrary to the belief of the teenager down the street with four 18s in his trunk wondering why everyone sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher and what that red liquid is draining out of his ears, the sub should be an accent, not a focal point. The sub is meant to increase the frequency(pitch) range and give you the ability to recreate some of those low accents in your music that your regular speakers don't put out so well. Like from a kick drum, those low bass notes, or really make those 808s come in clean just to name a few. The key to maximizing it is finding the right balance. If your sub is preventing you from hearing any part of the actual content instead of making it sound better, then you might want to reconfigure your levels. And just like Kosh said. When you're using your sub strictly to rattle your trunk, you're only drawing bad attention to yourself. Not to mention sounding like your car is having a bad case of metal bubbleguts wherever you go.

Just checked. His is an 8 wheeled armored vehicle shooting a TOW missile or something of the sort.

Anti-tank guided missle (ATGM) Stryker.

Mine, to be more exact. Thats the first one I ever shot.

My wingman shot the video I screen captured it from.

When I had a sub, it definitely distort the rest of the music. It was about loudness of bass over all else.

In order to have music sound right, you don't need 2 12"s. One 8" would do just fine. (TOOC, I know)

I'm a bit of audiophile/videophile myself. When I as a punk kid with subs in the trunk it was just dumb.

Now don't get me wrong here. I absolutely love checking out the capabilities of systems. Moreso in live applications than cars. Having worked in the live production/concert industry for a few years I've seen some serious **** lol. I love the boom boom....

...Just not five feet from my head lol

People still think I'm a weirdo and give me **** for wearing earplugs at concerts. I'm always like, "Trust me, you'll wish you had. It's gonna get loud in here."

Then after the show it's not me walking out trying to rub all the ringing out of my ears.

Yeah I ain't changing my avi

I don't feel the need to be one of the cool kids either. I'll continue to be my normal jackass self.

Thus the avi.

People still think I'm a weirdo and give me **** for wearing earplugs at concerts. I'm always like, "Trust me, you'll wish you had. It's gonna get loud in here."

Then after the show it's not me walking out trying to rub all the ringing out of my ears.

Sitting 5th row at Van Halen a few years back...I wish I had ear plugs. The ringing didn't stop until the next day.

Haters gonna hate. So...

I don't feel the need to be one of the cool kids either. I'll continue to be my normal jackass self.

Thus the avi.

Sitting 5th row at Van Halen a few years back...I wish I had ear plugs. The ringing didn't stop until the next day.

Hater gonna hate. So...

They actually really help you hear the show BETTER believe it or not. Admittedly, it feels a little weird because it pretty much takes away all the crowd noise, so singing along feels a little funny. But because of that, your ability to really hear everything from the PA is better. And honestly, I'm not even talking about any super expensive molded plugs either. The standard store brand foam plugs work great.

Archived