Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

The Seahawks lost the Super Bowl by calling an idiotic play.

why do people keep saying this? It's absolutely the right call to call a pass play on 2nd down.  It gives you the option to pass or run on 3rd down.  if you run and you fail. you have to pay on 3rd down.  

So either you have 1 run and 2 pass plays or 2 runs and 1 pass play.  

why do people keep saying this? It's absolutely the right call to call a pass play on 2nd down.  It gives you the option to pass or run on 3rd down.  if you run and you fail. you have to pay on 3rd down.  

So either you have 1 run and 2 pass plays or 2 runs and 1 pass play.  

I swear I read one article where either the OC or Pete said they wanted to burn time off the clock and it didn't work out that way........throwing the ball, in that situation, would either result in a TD or incomplete pass, thus not burning any clock, with exception of a few seconds.  Then they said that they couldn't run the ball three times in a row due to the TO and clock situation, so they decided to pass on 2nd down, then run on 3rd down if that didn't work.........conflicting, so, one of those was a lie.

Here is the thing, they had the ball on the half yard line, even Russell Smurf could have QB snuck that in most likely.  Give it to your bread and butter, BEAST MODE and pound it in.  If he didn't make it in, I doubt he gets stuffed for a loss, or not much of one (half yard maybe?), take the TO, then you have two downs to score and plenty of time on the clock to get off 2 passes.

Its a genius play if it works. It may not have been idiotic per se, ut was definitely out of character. They out thought themselves on the biggest stage. That is tough to swallow if im a Hawks fan.

Marshawn Lynch is walking into that endzone. He nearly scored on the previous play. You dance with the one that brung ya

what's funny is that Lynch had 5 runs from the 1 this year and he only made the end zone once 

Still, he's their focal point on that offense.  It goes through Beast Mode.  I'm taking my chances with one time-out and what 27 seconds on the clock, and running the ball on 2nd down from the 1/2 yard line.  Don't get in, fine, good try BM, burn my time out with 20 seconds on the clock and attempt two pass plays to win.  

I think the choice of the play call, when literally  just 1.5 feet away from scoring a game winning TD, with 3 downs left was not the best call when the Super Bowl is on the line.  It was 4 down territory after the Pats went up by 4 points.

Someone say something to cheer me up. I have been eating one meal a day for the past few days. That can't be good.

Whatever youre doing through, help is out there if you truly want it. But if you keep doing whAt you're doing, your immune system will begin to weaken (if it hasn't already) and you will run the risk of catching something and getting very sick, on top of lowering your metabolism and storing everything you eat as fat.

what's funny is that Lynch had 5 runs from the 1 this year and he only made the end zone once

How does that have any bearing on last nights game when he had already amassed 100 yds, slowly breaking down the Pats run defense, on top of the demoralizing catch and him running the ball all the way to the one yard line?

You think he's going to be denied? I sure as hell don't

How does that have any bearing on last nights game when he had already amassed 100 yds, slowly breaking down the Pats run defense, on top of the demoralizing catch and him running the ball all the way to the one yard line?

You think he's going to be denied? I sure as hell don't

I do.  His name is Vince Wilfork.  The seahawks didn't have any runs up the middle yesterday.  

They didn't have to run it up the middle though.  They could go to the left or right side of the formation, fake up the middle with the FB, etc.  

it was cover 0.  Man against Man, pats have the advantage

funny if that was a TD, everyone would have said that it was a brilliant playact because the defense was expecting Lynch to run it. 

it was cover 0.  Man against Man, pats have the advantage

I'll take Beast Mode from the 1/2 yard line any day of the week.  Especially if I know I have 2 more chances if he fails to get in the end zone.  Higher percentage play than passing the ball, I would think (not gonna do any actual statistical research on it - too lazy).  

You wanna hop on the Xbox One and run some Madden?  I won't intercept you from the half yard line, I promise :D

if you run on 2nd down, you really can't run on 3rd down because you risk having no time left for 4th down. 

You can pass on 3rd and 4th.  Or pass on 3rd and run on 4th.  I dunno.  I just believe in feeding the machine that got ya there.  

If they were really planning on passing on 2nd down and it was not a cover up story (i.e. play was run and changed by Pete, OC or Russell at the line), then they knew they would catch flack if it didn't work.  Like Sin said, genius when it works, worst play call in the history of [insert sport here] when it fails.  

Me personally, if they were going to pass, they should have tried some play action or boot-leg, imo.  They lined up in shotgun, no way they would hand off to beast mode that far back in this situation.  At least make the defense have to bite on the play action and roll out.  With Wilson's speed he might have been able to run it in, or allowed someone to get wide open when/if they bit on the play action fake.

They should have run, plain and simple.  You are on the 1 yard line with 32 seconds left and one timeout.  It's second down.  You have one of the biggest and best running backs in the league.  You run the ball.

Every time you throw it you are risking turning it over.  Particularly a slant over the middle.  It was such an incredibly stupid play call.

Worst case scenario (other than fumbling) is that the Patriots stuff Lynch, and they call a timeout.  Then they have two more shots at it with roughly 25-27 seconds left.

I do. His name is Vince Wilfork. The seahawks didn't have any runs up the middle yesterday.

2k... c'mon man.

Since when did running the football successfully become predicated on only running up the gut?

And the only way youd know if the Pats ran successfully up the middle or not is if you have all 22, because we are looking from the side view.

And besides, he had a 100 yds. He didn't really need to.

Point null and void

Archived