Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Well, I'm disappointed.

The generally terrible seattle fans are being somewhat good fans about this? 

They are more upset at the play call and execution than making up excuses like in 2005.

I need more tears, but am not the type to incite a riot.  Bout 10 people called out tho, so my anticipation of the crying will be high again tomorrow.  LOL

Oh well, theres always next year when FA / cap hits destroy the hawks and they return to mediocrity.

I would like to point out that the receiver that Carrol has been hiding on his roster was a beast last night (Mitchell?).  Good grief.

Hopefully for that kid he isn't a one and done type. Good luck.

HTTR

in 2005 they had legit complaints... the refs were TERRIBLE, and handed the game to the steelers.   I started that game rooting for the steelers (because my wife's family is from there), and eventually just got fed-up enough to start rooting against the steelers.   That game was atrocious  

Could barely find a Patriots fan the first few years I lived there. It's the same. Lots of Red Sox and Bruins fans, hardly any Pats or Celtics fans.

Celtics ruled the roost in the 80s for Boston fans. Red Sox were 2nd (1 WS appearance), the Bruins were 3rd (2 SC appearances) and the Patriots were a "distant" 4th with one wild card SB run.

Then in the 90s, it changed to Red Sox/Celtics tied for 1st, Bruins 3rd with the Patriots again a disant 4th with another SB appearance.

Then in the 2000s it's been Patriots 1-A, Sawx 1-B, Bruins 3rd and Celtics a distant 4th.

Prior to the Patriots 1st SB win, they couldn't even sell enough tickets to fill Sullivan Stadium, adding that their stadium was a glorified college field. It will be interesting to see the supposed "rabidness" of the Patriot fans once Brady hangs them up. I think Bill will go when Brady goes. probably at least another 3 years with those two.

Red Sox have always been #1 Not even close to a 1-A.

Pats became 2nd when they won.

Before that it was in the order of:

Sox

Bruins

Celtics

Pats

I have been to many games at the old Foxboro/Sullivan stadium. That place was pitiful. I am talking about going there in the few years prior to Gillette, and then going to the new place also.

Bill will only retire when they fire him. I expect him to go somewhere as a front office person. Brady... I think only two more years.

in 2005 they had legit complaints... the refs were TERRIBLE, and handed the game to the steelers.   I started that game rooting for the steelers (because my wife's family is from there), and eventually just got fed-up enough to start rooting against the steelers.   That game was atrocious  

The officiating in that game was horrendous, agreed.  It was both ways.  My point to them back then was what about the 3 missed field goals?  What about the dropped WIDE open passes?  The missed tackles?  Then it doesn't matter if Ben gets in at the 1, you still win by 2 (minimum).

Don't blame a game on the refs.  There were too many missed legit opportunities to just wipe your magic paint brush and say "we wuz cheated".

The Steelers almost let that one slip away, they were the better team IMO.  It was a far cry from the excellent game that was played yesterday.  Best SB I've watched since Rams Titans.

and *sigh* another fan comes up to me to get my take and walks away happy and "we'll get them next year".  What happened to this toxic fan base?

Red Sox have always been #1 Not even close to a 1-A.

Pats became 2nd when they won.

Before that it was in the order of:

Sox

Bruins

Celtics

Pats

I have been to many games at the old Foxboro/Sullivan stadium. That place was pitiful. I am talking about going there in the few years prior to Gillette, and then going to the new place also.

Bill will only retire when they fire him. I expect him to go somewhere as a front office person. Brady... I think only two more years.

I've never lived or even visited Boston. I'm just going by personal memory/experience with how I perceived the popularity of the fanbase.  I did make an error with the Bruins as they had 2 SC appearance in the 80s, but with the Celtics playing in and winning NBA titles in the 80s and with the NBA a more popular sport, I still think the Celtics were tops in popularity.  I'm looking at it from a national standpoint, so I could be wrong about the feelings around Boston during that time.

I've never lived or even visited Boston. I'm just going by personal memory/experience with how I perceived the popularity of the fanbase.  I did make an error with the Bruins as they had 2 SC appearance in the 80s, but with the Celtics playing in and winning NBA titles in the 80s and with the NBA a more popular sport, I still think the Celtics were tops in popularity.  I'm looking at it from a national standpoint, so I could be wrong about the feelings around Boston during that time.

Boston is a cool place at times. DC or Baltimore up North if you will.

I was shocked at the lack of Celtics fans born and bleeding hard when I lived up there.

I get a lot of trash talk here about being a Orioles fan from DC...but most people get it, when I say I am a Lakers fan and loyal...more trash talk and some silliness.

As a Lakers fan, I was shocked, stunned, floored...wait where are the Celtics fans ?

It completely threw me off.

The popularity of the sports themselves make a difference in the team popularity too. New England in general has always been a baseball and hockey hotbed. Same way football and basketball are in the DMV. Don't take that statement wrong either. I'm well aware of the popularity shifts over the past few years in the area in regards to the pro teams. But I'm talking about from youth leagues all the way up.

Probably the funniest part about this whole thing.

In a year or two as players from that defense head elsewhere and Lynch retires or leaves and Seattle is just another 7-9 team again. Where will all the 12s be in a few years?

The meltdowns on the seahawks forum are giving me joygasms.

Window could be closed

The Cardinals will be in that ass if Palmer comes back healthy

The Cardinals will be in that ass if Palmer comes back healthy

Yup. They Would've been a problem this year Had Carson not been hurt.

And Rams have quietly been stocking talent the last few years. If only Sam Bradford could stay on the field. He's got legs like Dr. Itch.

Man...I know the odds are stacked against him, but if Bobert comes back strong and wins a superbowl in the next 3-4 years, I'll quit my job and start a cult that worships him.  I'd devote my life to joining every sports website on the internet and telling people where they can lick me.  Not sure if anybody has gotten more hate in the nfl than Griffles over the last few years. 

Though he's got a big ego, I'm not sure if anybody in the game has more heart and "want to" than Robert. 

Cousins is a turd that throws a better pass to CB's than he does to WR's.

Grif is still the best QB on the team... whatever that means.

No. He isn't. That should be obvious to anyone that watched every game this year. He was a disaster, struggling with very basic things that a pro QB should have nailed down.

Cousins problem was pressing, and not looking off his receivers, whi h led to int's.

Thats tough, but id rather take that then a dude who plays like he's blind and autistic. Cousins is infinitely more fixable

Archived