Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It's always funny how this life thing turns out.

I just got in my last work day at my current job, and starting Monday, instead of wearing a suit/shirt and tie, I will instead be wearing scrubs, going around sticking needles in people at the hospital ( among other things ) for about 20$ an hour. Looks like I will be working 12 hour shifts though, which won't be too bad since I've worked long hours before at other places. I'll most likely be working weekends to, which means that I won't be able to see my Skins on gameday for the first time in my life, so that'll be an experience. I'll at least be able to afford my own place now, and not have to share it with an annoying roommate anymore, which will be cool.

All in all, it was time for a change in my life, so I made it. No more sales (* breathes a sigh of relief). This does however mean that for as little as you've seen me during the week (besides last week when I was on vacation) these last few months that I've been promoted and thus no longer having access to a computer during the work day, you will see even less, and probably none of me from now on, due to the long hours.

It's been really fun getting to know all of you guys for the last year and a half or so that I've been in the gate, and maybe I'll be able to meet some of you in the future. If anyone starts asking questions about why I haven't posted in awhile, just link them to this page, so they'll know I'm not dead. :ols:. It's been real...

- Marco

That's absolutely awesome man!! Congrats!!! But to every silver cloud there is a black lining (I think that's how that saying goes), seems like it's financial security for you, which is one of the most important factors for overall happiness. But not posting on ES? Yeah it's harsh but hell... We love you and all, but if someone offered me X% more money to not be on ES... I'd probably do it...

I'm sure I'll see ya around, you're a poster I really respect and enjoy overall. Best of luck and a bit of advice, dude you're working odd hours, you'll probably see your roommates as much now as you would at your own place (IE-Never), stick with it for a while and build up a bankroll and be patient in buying a house. Not something you want to either jump into the deep end on or even dip your toes in... Ask the pool owner who built the pool and what temperature it is, if there's ever been any flesh eating viruses (okay I've taken this analogy too far). But anyways, don't rush out to "live on your own" because later you may say "if only I had stayed in that place rather than moving, I might have found that perfect house in XXXXXX neighborhood" Because I've said that a lot...

-Polo

--------------------- Iontop done edited this because no one has posted in a while--------------------------------

So tonight was the first "event" I've set up at my work... It was a roller derby meet and greet for the Greensboro team. It was awesome... A random Friday night (which is usually uneventful) turned out to be busy for the bar and the derby team got a couple Refs and scorekeepers! Well right after I set this up, my buddy (the coach of the derby team) messages me and says "there is a girl on my team you may like. she is really cute, single, straight lol" (This was on the 8/3) and tonight we actually met... Although he says she may be "damaged goods" because she just got out of a long relationship, I really do like her... And it's not one of those "I want to see how she is in bed" kind of things, when someone randomly shouts out "I love lamp" and we go on a 5 minute diatribe using nothing but Anchorman quotes... It's pretty awesome in my book... Plus she's a Colts fan, and I realized that she's probably able to be converted to a Skins fan by the way she acted tonight... It's weird... I think the "Canton Dave" has come back... The one that has self confidence and doesn't take no for an answer... Which is a funny coincidence because the last time I felt like this was 2 months ago when I finally got back into a (kindof) school, and now I'm hoping I can go back to a (real) school...

My happiness/confidence/overall wellness is tied to me progressing on as a normal member of society... I understand this, yet, I am still not sure if I'll be able to go back to school on Monday... Right now I'm at peace... but either decision will sway my mood so much that either I'll get straight A's in the fall or..... yes this again... Because I've had a background check done on me and a letter of recommendation sent to UNC-Greensboro, and all were turned in, in a reasonable timeframe. Yet I have this sinking feeling that I won't get admitted because of (yet again) 1 or 2 days off... Classes start Monday and I did not receive an e-mail from them giving me my access code to register and pay for classes... And it goes back to that ONE incomplete grade... I could have had my transcripts in by the deadline which would have saved me a week of running around talking to various "heads" of things just to get back to the person above who I talked with.

I guess this is why I love being a bartender. If I tell you you're not drinking anymore at my bar tonight... You're not drinking any more at my bar tonight... Call my boss, tell him everything, he'll call me and tell me to serve you again, and I'll tell him "NO" and my boss will say "okay"... The buck stops with what I say and I won't be persuaded otherwise because it's MY judgment. And I don't understand places that have to say "NO" until someone does the work to make another person make you say yes, it just screams lack of character. You want me to jump through hoops? You want me to sit there in tears, saying "Well if that's your decision, I really have nothing else to say"? Do you really get pleasure out of this? I'm not going to argue with the head person's decision because there's no use, I stated my case and did it the best way I knew how...

Please, I hope I get in to school this semester... I know it will effect my career timeline but I don't want it to effect my personal and financial timeline... It doesn't seem fair... Luckily this time, it might be less heartbreaking, but I don't know if I will be able to completely get over this...

TV kept insisting that Redskins look good in preseason because of their performance against 1st team starting units. However, it should be noted that both teams the Redskins played so far played like ****, and the Colts always suck in preseason.

If this team can play as well as they are right now, in the regular season, they will raise some eyebrows

Girl #winning

The prevailing image, to that part of the sports world that cares enough to pay attention, is that college athletics is a cesspool. That the schools with the fattest alumni cats win. That it is mostly a massive fraud, built on the flawed cliche about sports building character, when, indeed, all that is being built are higher TV ratings in basketball for CBS, more power for the BCS football gods and fatter salaries for big-time coaches. It is egos and power-brokers, masquerading as educators.

Perhaps the most stunning recent report on collegiate athletics was a Bloomberg story on a university that fed 42% of its $62.2-million athletic budget with public money and student fees, while paying its football coach $2.03 million a year and forgiving a $100,000 interest-free loan, paying its women's basketball coach $1.3 million and having professors save money by taking out phones and disallowing photo copying of tests.

The school? Rutgers. (Feel free to add your own line about money not being well spent).

Benjamin keeps walking past the ugliness. She knows the difference between perception and reality, between big-time college sports and a hammer-thrower. She says that being at USC is the best thing in her life because of the simple college experience of campus and professors.

"Being an athlete just enhances that," she says.

That's absolutely awesome man!! Congrats!!! But to every silver cloud there is a black lining (I think that's how that saying goes), seems like it's financial security for you, which is one of the most important factors for overall happiness. But not posting on ES? Yeah it's harsh but hell... We love you and all, but if someone offered me X% more money to not be on ES... I'd probably do it...I'm sure I'll see ya around, you're a poster I really respect and enjoy overall. Best of luck and a bit of advice, dude you're working odd hours, you'll probably see your roommates as much now as you would at your own place (IE-Never), stick with it for a while and build up a bankroll and be patient in buying a house. Not something you want to either jump into the deep end on or even dip your toes in... Ask the pool owner who built the pool and what temperature it is, if there's ever been any flesh eating viruses (okay I've taken this analogy too far). But anyways, don't rush out to "live on your own" because later you may say "if only I had stayed in that place rather than moving, I might have found that perfect house in XXXXXX neighborhood" Because I've said that a lot...

-Polo

Wait, I didn't mean it like that. I already hadn't been posting as much as it is, so there was no way in hell that I would somehow be down about that, that was just to let everyone know what the situation was. I mean I've enjoyed being on here for almost five years, but I don't think that I'm going to be secluding myself in a room with a bucket of Haagen Dasz, while listening to Michael Bolton and crying my eyes out. :silly:

And thanks for the advice. I think I've made the right decision though. In fact I probably should've kept looking around for jobs after I graduated, but at that point, I was just looking for any job, even though I could've gotten a higher paying job with my degree. I just didn't want to go stay at my dad's crib and hold out for a better job opportunity, and with whatever job that I landed, I wasn't planning on staying there for more than two years anyways.

And since I'm a cheap ****, I probably won't entertain the thought of buying a house yet, and probably won't for the forseeable future, but I'll definitely settle for a nice apartment where there aren't a lot of kids, nosy neighbors, loud ass dogs, etc. It's all good.

I'll try to make it to one of the ES Tailgates this year also, if I can. For anyone who hasn't seen my pictures in the Show Yourselves Thread, this is what I look like, so you'll recognize me.

83144596.jpg

Wait, I didn't mean it like that. I already hadn't been posting as much as it is, so there was no way in hell that I would somehow be down about that, that was just to let everyone know what the situation was. I mean I've enjoyed being on here for almost five years, but I don't think that I'm going to be secluding myself in a room with a bucket of Haagen Dasz, while listening to Michael Bolton and crying my eyes out. :silly:

And thanks for the advice. I think I've made the right decision though. In fact I probably should've kept looking around for jobs after I graduated, but at that point, I was just looking for any job, even though I could've gotten a higher paying job with my degree. I just didn't want to go stay at my dad's crib and hold out for a better job opportunity, and with whatever job that I landed, I wasn't planning on staying there for more than two years anyways.

And since I'm a cheap ****, I probably won't entertain the thought of buying a house yet, and probably won't for the forseeable future, but I'll definitely settle for a nice apartment where there aren't a lot of kids, nosy neighbors, loud ass dogs, etc. It's all good.

I'll try to make it to one of the ES Tailgates this year also, if I can. For anyone who hasn't seen my pictures in the Show Yourselves Thread, this is what I look like, so you'll recognize me.

Sounds like you made the right decision for your life.

Gotta work a lot of long hours early on, to set yourself up for better things later in life. I'm learning that lesson myself right now.

Hit me up if you make it down to Miami.

That was last weekend for us, or the weekend before. You guys are slow.:)

I think it is a week or two later this year. I seem to remember it being the 1st or 2nd weekend of August in past years. Oh well, I desperately needed a new pair of shoes because the ones I've been wearing have holes. With other discounts, I got a new pair of tennis shoes for $11.52. :D

Yep. But there is also a rookie db named Raheem moore who was drafted by the Broncos this year. Dude was hitting hard all game before he decapitated some poor kid.

That was a dirty hit. The Moore guy hit him helmet to helmet. He was a defenseless WR. Nothing tough about that play at all. He is defintely going to be fined.

Archived