Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Went to Five Guys today for the first time in a while so good. Could be bigger burgers though in my opinion. Then followed it up with a bong rip of kush, also for the first time in a while. It has been a good evening. :D

Meh, you can't beat an ice cold coke. And non of that poor man's coke, aka Pepsi either. Has to be the REAL thang. Refreshing, and just hit's the spot.

Hail.

That sounds good. Although ginger ale is my favorite soda. Coke is probably second maybe third behind root beer or Sprite. Just depends on my mood.

Now the question is what brand of root beer? I'm an A&W guy all the way.

A&W for sure when I need it. IBC would have to be the best brand I've ever had though. Ever had it? Not sure if you can get it in Dallas but I think it's a big company. Root beer has some good small mom and pop type independent brands. Micro-breweries if you will

A&W for sure when I need it. IBC would have to be the best brand I've ever had though. Ever had it? Not sure if you can get it in Dallas but I think it's a big company. Root beer has some good small mom and pop type independent brands. Micro-breweries if you will

yep IBC can be had at any store. That's the kind I used to always take with me to school. So good. Also, A&W on tap is just delicious. I'm lucky to have an A&W restaurant just a parking lot away from me. :D

red_fusion.jpg

Red Fusion FTW!!!!

---------- Post added March-30th-2011 at 04:25 AM ----------

If you read the first page (for me 40 posts) it just seemed like such better QUALITY random thoughts... Ahh The old days... :(

So anyway, Saturday, I went to a bar with the girl I met on Friday to meet some of her friends, then we end up going to one of her friends' houses for a couple drinks... I got along so well with her friends, I'm really hoping this relationship goes somewhere... It was 4 guys and 3 girls at the house and before we left, the one that lived there turned to the girl I was with and said "If you ever come back here without him, I will punch you"....

Always good to make a good impression... (I'm talking about friends, not hitting women and leaving indentions)

IONTOP, if I were you, I would purposely skip out on going to her friend's house again to promote a fight. Before doing so, I would strategically place a pool filled with jello and cameras.

Anyway...

I saw a squirrel today on my campus. I was playing with it in a sort of standoff as the squirrels on my campus are ballsy, mischievous, and planning to overtake mankind. Moments later I watched as a hawk flew down, killed my squirrel friend, and began to gouge at and eat the squirrel over a span of fifteen minutes. It upset me.

You all drink too much sugar

---------- Post added March-30th-2011 at 07:23 AM ---------- Layla

From 3 minutes on, my mind blew up.

Studio version is better. Without Duane Allman it ain't the same.

---------- Post added March-30th-2011 at 11:03 AM ----------

Meh, you can't beat an ice cold coke. And non of that poor man's coke, aka Pepsi either. Has to be the REAL thang. Refreshing, and just hit's the spot.

Hail.

Pepsi is for girls and girly guys. I agree.

---------- Post added March-30th-2011 at 11:05 AM ----------

My friend has been to Chuck E Cheese 5 times the past week, he needs help.

---------- Post added March-29th-2011 at 10:39 PM ----------

Chuck E Cheese is aight but Discovery Zone was the **** back in the 90s before it went bankrupt in 99.

I miss the real World Cup

The World Cup is a lot of fun.

I'm not a hardcore soccer guy, but international soccer always gets me.

The last Euro Championship in 08 was a blast. One of my roommates in college was Turkish, another was Croatian, and the run Turkey went on (including beating Croatia in the Quarterfinals) was awesome. Turkiye!

The only time I'm ever put off by international soccer is when the US gets clearly screwed in some manner, but that's probably not going to change any time soon, so whatever.

Chuck E Cheese is aight but Discovery Zone was the **** back in the 90s before it went bankrupt in 99.

DZ the Discovery Zone.

That place was ****ing awesome. If you weren't having your birthday party at DZ, don't even bother having one at all. Nobody would want to come.

The World Cup is a lot of fun.

I'm not a hardcore soccer guy, but international soccer always gets me.

The last Euro Championship in 08 was a blast. One of my roommates in college was Turkish, another was Croatian, and the run Turkey went on (including beating Croatia in the Quarterfinals) was awesome. Turkiye!

The only time I'm ever put off by international soccer is when the US gets clearly screwed in some manner, but that's probably not going to change any time soon, so whatever.

Well, we screwed ourselves by resigning Bradley.

And we did get screwed by not getting picked for the location of the 2014 WC. Still mad at that. QATAR!? Stupid.

International soccer is a lot of fun. Its just so much more intense than anything we're used to, even SEC football.

Well, we screwed ourselves by resigning Bradley.

And we did get screwed by not getting picked for the location of the 2014 WC. Still mad at that. QATAR!? Stupid.

International soccer is a lot of fun. Its just so much more intense than anything we're used to, even SEC football.

Yeah, again, I'm not a big time soccer guy, but from what I understand, Bradley is not the coach to take the team to the next level. A lot of people were critical of that move.

I think most people were at the minimum, puzzled by the 2022 WC choice, if not outright upset. FIFA corruption (and anti-US sentiment) at its finest.

Also, I know I'm in the extreme minority with this one, but I actually like hearing the vuvuzelas going in the background. It sort of adds this bizarre, nonstop tension until a goal happens and the place explodes.

Yeah, again, I'm not a big time soccer guy, but from what I understand, Bradley is not the coach to take the team to the next level. A lot of people were critical of that move.

I think most people were at the minimum, puzzled by the 2022 WC choice, if not outright upset. FIFA corruption (and anti-US sentiment) at its finest.

Also, I know I'm in the extreme minority with this one, but I actually like hearing the vuvuzelas going in the background. It sort of adds this bizarre, nonstop tension until a goal happens and the place explodes.

I think that if I were at the actual game, I'd kill someone. As for watching it on TV, I agree with you. It made it uniqe. The cool thing about watching European soccer is the constant singing/chanting and then the enormous eruption when someone scores.

To me, 2 things hold back WC soccer from being more popular in the US.

1) The constant diving and faking of injuries. Soccer needs an extra official or two and it needs to automatically red card fakers/divers. Then and only then will that practice end. If you can get up and run 30 seconds after no one touched you and you acted like a sniper took out your knees, then you shouldn't get to play. And you team should be penalized for your boorish actions.

2) Low scoring. Don't get me wrong - I have no problem with it. But I think a lot of US people lose interest because nothing happens (in their eyes). Nothing can be done about it nor should anything be done about it.

Agreed with the first, there should be unsportsmanlike penalties for flops. On the pitch, its hard to prove so you would need more refs. However, the World Cup refs are so god-awful I can't really support adding more of them, who would likely just **** it up more.

The second part is largely the ignorance of good soccer by the majority of Americans. It sounds elitist but if you're watching a game just for the goals you're missing the point. There's a reason why its called the beautiful game. Its a little odd to me that people think baseball is so great and yawn at the World Cup.

I don't think international soccer will ever be huge here, even if the US were to get its **** together and actually compete for a title. Its just not in our blood.

Archived