Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Damn it, why do people text you "call me ASAP emergency" or leave a message saying "call back right away its urgent," without briefly mentioning what the issue is???

I'm a nervous person and I have a tendency to expect the worst. And until I get a chance to talk to the person, I assume my mother has died or my house burnt down. How much more effort does it take to just type a few more words in a text or take an extra 5 seconds on a voicemail to just mention what the emergency is about. :(

A good friend of mine, whose mother recently finished her rounds of chemo with cancer, texted me "911 call me asap." I thought for sure she was going to die. Nope, he wanted to know if I was interested in some Broncos tickets in 2 weeks. Dammit, man!

It's a good thing you didn't say his name. It's like summoning "Candyman"

I think he had the misfortune of following guys like Connery and Moore. I forget which movie of his that I saw ( it was like 7-8 years ago), but it felt nothing like a Bond film, at all. He didn't jump off the screen at you like Connery, Moore, Brosnan, and Craig. I remember there being a lot of action though. Seemed like that was about it.

What's wrong with the media? They accidently show a suicide and everyone freaks out, but it is ok to show a Syrian helicopter blown out of the sky where a few people died. None of it really matters to me, I just wish they would go one way or the other. I guess, it's ok to show if you're the enemy!!

Watching some documentary on PBS about wolverines. Man, I want a pet wolverine. And yes, one guy in the doc has a couple of them. Can you imagine a better guard pet? Another one they're following climbed the highest mountain in all of Glacier National Park. Went to the peak. And did it seemingly just to do it.

:ols:

I hear ya, my friend.

I hate being a perfectionist. I just need to believe that my paper is great and quit messin with it.

Man, papers are the one thing I DONT miss about school. Idk wtf was(is?) wrong with me but I seriously couldn't write a paper unless it was due in like six hours or less. I mean I'd have all my research and be ready to rock, but I just couldn't write unless I had a time limit. I think maybe it's because I enjoy writing so much that it ****s with me to write about subjects that don't really interest me much. (Or I'm just lazy)

Oh the introduction used to **** with me too. By the end I was starting conclusion first and then I was making each paragraph like it's own mini-paper. Then at the end I'd edit, put it all together and then knock out the intro. Oh the memories.

---------- Post added October-18th-2012 at 02:25 AM ----------

I should add that when I had papers for subjects that I did like, I'd have a paper knocked out with the quickness. Actually spend more broken trying to pare down what I wrote.

Man, papers are the one thing I DONT miss about school. Idk wtf was(is?) wrong with me but I seriously couldn't write a paper unless it was due in like six hours or less. I mean I'd have all my research and be ready to rock, but I just couldn't write unless I had a time limit. I think maybe it's because I enjoy writing so much that it ****s with me to write about subjects that don't really interest me much. (Or I'm just lazy)

Oh the introduction used to **** with me too. By the end I was starting conclusion first and then I was making each paragraph like it's own mini-paper. Then at the end I'd edit, put it all together and then knock out the intro. Oh the memories.

---------- Post added October-18th-2012 at 02:25 AM ----------

I should add that when I had papers for subjects that I did like, I'd have a paper knocked out with the quickness. Actually spend more broken trying to pare down what I wrote.

I'm an English major doing the creative writing option and the literature option. Writing stories/papers = my life.

I wrote my eleven page creative writing story last "night" from about 3am-9am. Then went straight to the library to print it out and edit it some more. I e-mailed it to my prof at about noon thirty...I had an appointment with her at 1:45. I like writing under pressure as long as I know I'll have time to edit it a few times before it's due. My 15-20 page story is due the week after Thanksgiving break. Other groups have to turn theirs in before break and they were ****ing about how we get an extra week. Yeah, cause I'm totally gonna be writing my story over break.

This literary analysis paper is just psyching me out though. I turned it in early and she said it was a C+ paper so I get to edit it and turn it in for a higher grade, but for some reason my mind has been convinced that this paper is the devil. I think I'm freaking out that since the original wasn't good, the final draft won't be good. It's due at 9:30, I'm sure I'll really get on a roll around 6. Before these two papers, I'd been doing really well and staying ahead of my work - it's surprisingly less stressful :ols:

And I hate writing conclusions. If you read my ****ing paper, you should know what my conclusion is :ols:

3am ramblings. I've got no problem spouting off words on ES, but God forbid I face this paper. This lack of sleep is really getting to me.

Watching some documentary on PBS about wolverines. Man, I want a pet wolverine. And yes, one guy in the doc has a couple of them. Can you imagine a better guard pet? Another one they're following climbed the highest mountain in all of Glacier National Park. Went to the peak. And did it seemingly just to do it.

I saw that same show. I love PBS. That thing was like a puppy that could kill you if it wanted to. ****ing awesome.

I'm an English major doing the creative writing option and the literature option. Writing stories/papers = my life.

I was a literature major. What do I do now? Work in accounting dept.:whoknows:

I was the same way though. 10 page paper? Do it the night before while chain-smoking and dipping. Sleep the next day.

Has anyone else ever rolled up to an intersection and stopped at the green light just because you're so used to having to stop at red lights? This happened to me yesterday morning and I sat there for a second like I was at a stop sign before I realized the light was green.

I know exactly what you mean. I kinda did something like this just the other day. On a road that I frequently use there is a light that has been a flashing yellow for a couple months or so. Well, I guess I was zoning out or whatever. Saw the yellow light and I slowed down and stopped. Looked around for a second and back up to the yellow still flashing. I saw yellow and assumed that the red was coming lol. Felt like an idiot but got over it pretty quickly.

Archived