Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Watching I am Bruce Lee and they go to Dan Inosanto again and he does a quick demonstration of some hand combat moves. Holy **** the guy is 75 years old and still pretty damn fast. :ols:

I was more shocked to find out Al Bundy has a black belt in jiu jitsu

Yeah me too. Kind of threw me for a loop.

I remember when I first watched Enter The Dragon, probably around '98 or so. I (like the people in that piece) don't think that any action/martial arts flick will ever touch that, ever. I mean I loved Jackie Chan, but he was more of a stuntman than anything else.

Van Damme? Nah. Jet Li, Chuck Norris, Mark Dacascos, Chow Yun Phat etc etc. Bruce was the ****ing man.

Damn, they're showing Enter The Dragon right after as well. Sweet

Agreed. I remember watching Enter the Dragon back in the late 70's. I can't think of really too many times over the years where I haven't watched it when I've had the chance. Like right now. :) Best ever.

I'm watching it too. Turned to it right as they were demonstrating the "Intercepting Fist," and how they created the jeet kune do fighting style. Bruce Lees hands were inhumanly quick.

And it's all on film to kind of see. It would suck to get hit and hit again and never see it.

I can't explain why,but when I first saw that,I thought hmm. That makes sense. That was a great special as Bruce Lee specials go.

Yeah me too. Kind of threw me for a loop.

I remember when I first watched Enter The Dragon, probably around '98 or so. I (like the people in that piece) don't think that any action/martial arts flick will ever touch that, ever. I mean I loved Jackie Chan, but he was more of a stuntman than anything else.

Van Damme? Nah. Jet Li, Chuck Norris, Mark Dacascos, Chow Yun Phat etc etc. Bruce was the ****ing man.

Damn, they're showing Enter The Dragon right after as well. Sweet

Like many classics (so many it would blow your mind), I haven't seen Enter the Dragon. Tonight seems like the night.

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 11:09 PM ----------

I can't explain why,but when I first saw that,I thought hmm. That makes sense. That was a great special as Bruce Lee specials go.

100% agree. That ending quote about being water really stuck with me, too. Smart guy.

100% agree. That ending quote about being water really stuck with me, too. Smart guy.

That and what Linda said about his philosophy on life.

Interesting Twitter argument going on between SHF and Brian Mitchell right now.

Oh ****. :ols: That should be good.

I know my dad had this old documentary(ish)/action flick on VHS with Bruce and Fred Williamson, called The Dragon And The Cobra (I think), somehow I never watched it though. I've seen snippets of Game Of Death, but after tonight, that is a must watch for tomorrow.

Sammy Baugh and the Redskins of the 1930s and 1940s were known for having a great short pass attack and often used halfbacks as receivers. Proto-type of the WCO?

All teams had a short pass attack back then. I can't really give the Redskins credit for that.

And WCO is a lot more than that.

All teams had a short pass attack back then. I can't really give the Redskins credit for that.

And WCO is a lot more than that.

From what I understand, at least in the NFL, no one really had a short passing game in those days. You either ran or chucked the ball down field. Passing was considered a desperation move before Baugh came to the league and brought the short pass attack he used at TCU.

Terrible uni's. Absolutely terrble

I wonder if someone told the Baylor basketball team (upon entering the tunnel) that if they stood together in these uniforms and took a picture, they'd most likely break the Guinness World Record for "Worlds Largest Highliter." These guys are extrabright out there.

Wow, I just talked to my ex-girlfriend from HS. I got a call from a recruiter for a job, usually don't call them back because I like where I'm at. But its a position in ffx. I work in DC now. Turns out the recruiter is her and going over my resume she puts 2&2 together. This is crazy, haven't spoken to her in almost 20 yrs.

I don't know why I was always asked in job interviews if I knew how to use pivot tables in excel. The fact that I was always asked made me think they were some super complex, difficult to learn excel feature. I never used them until I got to my current job, at which point I figured them out in all of 15 minutes.

Pfft, B12 tournament. Turn on the Big East one.

But did you see the uniforms though? You almost need sunglasses to look at that ****. Undershirt, jersey, socks, wristbands, everything. Honestly, I blame Oregon for the unecessary attention that's been given to many teams uniform wardrobe over the years. Blackouts, blue-outs, red-outs. About 98 % percent of it is disgusting.

Nothing beats that hot mess that the Seahawks trotted out a few years back though.

I don't know why I was always asked in job interviews if I knew how to use pivot tables in excel. The fact that I was always asked made me think they were some super complex, difficult to learn excel feature. I never used them until I got to my current job, at which point I figured them out in all of 15 minutes.

Pivot Tables are probably one of the easiest things to do in excel. Much easier than a regression model or trending.

Archived