Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs failed today's test

WilberMarshall48

why do you always try to sound like an pompous ass? OH, your from seattle.....my bad.

Yeah, I stood up for a guy who wasn't initially disrespectful in his opinion and I was forthright in my criticism of someone who HAS gotten a pass on this board when she engages in this "Shut up! Stop talking" type of response to a thread or post.

I'm from the East, I just live here now.

I am pompous but only to those who feel slighted in some way by someone who doesn't cower behind equivocation or one who feels confident in expressing his view.

Or maybe it's just that you happen to disagree with me, and that if I had made the exact same post directed at one of your 'internet enemies' that you would have given me 'big ups' for it?

yeah, I think it's that.

"I cant belive this crap on here.. Its Gibbs fault that we got this far?? LOL you all need to wake the F up.. maybe we should bring Norv back.. This team is on its way to the SB, just give them a year or two."

You're missing the point. It's not mutually exclusive to be proud of the team, to value the coaching that brought the Skins from 5-11 to 11-7....and feel that somewhere along the line things could have been done even better. are you seriously arguiing that the absolute optimum was drawn out? that every playcall, every offensive gamplan was perfection incarnate? we will all get down on the ground and swear holy thank yous that JG has returned to righten a seriously wack franchise. but that doesn't mean there aren't some things he needs to fix - he heads up the offense. he is ultimately accountable: for the great games...and the rotten ones. players execute...that is true.....but the caoch forms the strategy, creates the objectives, makes the playcalls. the issue is how to get better- just like he did from 2004 season.

I'm still wondering why a local seattle guy didn't get tickets to the game and go support the team.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, didn't I respond to you previously about this? Good of you to completely ignore that.

I'm wondering how someone who doesn't know me, doesn't know ___ about my life situation or the circumstances at my job, presumes to comment about me.

I watched the game. I've been to Seattle games. I woulda been arrested anyway for killing someone if the stories I heard about Seattle fans were true, anyway.

---Blondie-----

I know you don't like my style. I have similar issues with yours (at times.) My response to you is not a DEBATE. There isn't one on this. If you want to hash OUR thing out over PM, that's one thing. But what you did was respond PUBLICLY to the thread in the manner in which you did. I responded and pointed to it publicly because maybe the guy who first posted is intimidated or already feels put upon by the responses in the thread.

Just like plenty of people like to point to MY style when I make a public post, that's what I did with you. You've done the same to me. Consider the favor returned.

But, like I said. If you want to debate me........go to PM. Or put me or ignore. I really don't care which.

Damn. That's exactly what I was about to tell both of you. Now I'm going to have to give Blondie some of my big bucks I mentioned.

I'm sorry, didn't I respond to you previously about this? Good of you to completely ignore that.

I'm wondering how someone who doesn't know me, doesn't know ___ about my life situation or the circumstances at my job, presumes to comment about me.

I watched the game. I've been to Seattle games. I woulda been arrested anyway for killing someone if the stories I heard about Seattle fans were true, anyway.

You never answered the question. I didn't see it, anyways. Plus all the above sounds like a bunch of excuses. I could understand if you were sick but you were just scared.:rolleyes:

My opinion is not unique. Therefore, I usually just read others, who do a better job in expressing that opinion than I can. In this case, I felt I must respond to so many negative posts.

As to the O/P, I think Gibbs decided that he didn't have the parts in place to play a more wide open game. I can't disagree with that. That doesn't mean he "failed". It means he did what he thought was best to give the Redskins an opportunity to come away with a win. I think the game was close because Gibbs chose to employ this strategy. I think it also points out the weaknesses the Redskins had on gameday. Injured O-line, injured and/or worn-out Brunell, lack of quality WR's after Moss, even a suspect kicking game. Keep it close and hope for the best. What would the outcome have been if Rogers actually makes that pick and takes it in for six?

FWIW, I think the Redskins maximized their talent this year given all of the variables.

My opinion is not unique. Therefore, I usually just read others, who do a better job in expressing that opinion than I can. In this case, I felt I must respond to so many negative posts.

As to the O/P, I think Gibbs decided that he didn't have the parts in place to play a more wide open game. I can't disagree with that. That doesn't mean he "failed". It means he did what he thought was best to give the Redskins an opportunity to come away with a win. I think the game was close because Gibbs chose to employ this strategy. I think it also points out the weaknesses the Redskins had on gameday. Injured O-line, injured and/or worn-out Brunell, lack of quality WR's after Moss, even a suspect kicking game. Keep it close and hope for the best. What would the outcome have been if Rogers actually makes that pick and takes it in for six?

FWIW, I think the Redskins maximized their talent this year given all of the variables.

I agree. Coach Joe did what he could with what he had. With a few minutes left, we had a chance to tie or go ahead on the road in our second playoff game. We were missing our best interior O-lineman, defensive end, #2 receiver, our QB and RB were banged up. And yet we still had a chance. I'm proud of this team!! :cheers::cheers:

You never answered the question. I didn't see it, anyways. Plus all the above sounds like a bunch of excuses. I could understand if you were sick but you were just scared.:rolleyes:

:laugh: Scared of what? The game? Seahawks fans? Man, don't let your past with me or the fact I cracked a joke about the fan treatment confuse your take.

So what do you want to hear then?

You want this to be Disney land for the Redskins with everyone happy that we got to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

This team could have done more. We couldn't have asked for a better opponent than the playoff-failures that are the Seahawks.

We were handed 3 turnovers and had their best player knocked out.... Just admit that WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME.

Stop deluding yourself and thinking everything is OK, because it's not.

This should be a devestating loss to us. I'm tired of all the complacency here, it's making me sick.

I don't think anybody's complacent here. We got further than anybody thought we could. I mean, what the hell did you expect? It takes time to build a team worthy of going to the Superbowl. This team has done a complete turn around from the last 13 or so years. We are only a couple of players away from really being in the Superbowl. I'm sure we'll find a reciever in the FA market. Need to get a couple of big offensive linemen in the draft.The only problem I see is at QB position. Do you play Brunnell again? He did an admiral job this year but do you really want him as a starter next season? You can't let him go because he'll ruin our cap. I think you keep him as your 2nd string backup and let Ramsey and Campbell battle it out for the starting job.

So here's to next year felllow Redskin fans and I think I can say that with a lot of confidence.

Nibbs, you've often insulted people's intelligence, and have even used the "loser" term yourself more than once in your responses. Most of us on here are have done this; few are absent from that list. It's a pretty human thing to do after spending any time on a mesage board. I think it's the number of times and severity that the behavior occurs, or is complained about, that causes moderators, or just regular posters, that determines whether it's really out-of-line in most on-line communities.

Shut up loser, I never do that. ;)

How many three an out? Shut UP They lost their best player, and we still lost. The loss had to be at least 50% Joe Gibbs' Fault.

See, this is what winning does. It gets a whole lot of farewhether fans to come to and start rooting for us, when they normally would be just watching the game. But ya know what, we dont need ya. DC has been full of Redskins fans since before my dad was born, so all you little guys who come here trying to talk bad about our coach like he's a dumb-guy who can't win a game, just take your tails back to your closet and put on your next favorite team's jersey.

I could actually analyze the way Gibbs Coached the game, but thats not what you want. YOu want to play the blame game, as if every fault has a cause. Well guess what, THE CAUSE IS THAT OUR TEAM PLAYED BADLY. And any time you try to single out any of our team members and blame them, then this is the response you're gonna get.

Do you want us to bring back Norv? I'm sure he could have had a better offensive game? What about Steve Spurrier, he was so great here! ANd man, Marty, he played Martyball so well, lets bring him back.

AS A MATTER OF FACT LETS NOT! Gibbs did a great job coaching this team this year, and we as fans need to be thanking lil Cory Gibbs for asking his dad to get back into coaching.

But I dont have time for fareweather fans. So if you're gonna complain about the way we do things here, then you can just go back home and root for whoever Peter King tells you to. I really don't care. As far as my Redskins and Joe Gibbs, I'd appreciate it if you kept your negative tone to yourself.

A bitter, bitter place.

I can only see Gibbs blamed for the pieces to his chess game, not his game plan. Jacobs is an ABSOLUTE bust. So, you've essentially got 2 receivers; Moss and Cooley. That being said, Cooley rarely goes deep, except when he lines up as a WR. Gee, you think the secondary notices that, and leaves Jacobs in single coverage while the safeties cheat on Moss and Cooley? Let's be honest. This team overachieved. You cannot win a Superbowl ala Baltimore anymore. The rules have changed. A strong defense is a plus, but given the rules in place, you must have a dynamic offense.

A bitter, bitter place.

I can only see Gibbs blamed for the pieces to his chess game, not his game plan. Jacobs is an ABSOLUTE bust. So, you've essentially got 2 receivers; Moss and Cooley. That being said, Cooley rarely goes deep, except when he lines up as a WR. Gee, you think the secondary notices that, and leaves Jacobs in single coverage while the safeties cheat on Moss and Cooley? Let's be honest. This team overachieved. You cannot win a Superbowl ala Baltimore anymore. The rules have changed. A strong defense is a plus, but given the rules in place, you must have a dynamic offense.

I don't think you need a "dynamic" offense...look at Pittsburgh. You simply need a 2nd and 3rd receiving option that can actually GET OPEN.

I don't think you need a "dynamic" offense...look at Pittsburgh. You simply need a 2nd and 3rd receiving option that can actually GET OPEN.

I agree, but I'd consider them to have an equally good offense as defense. They have a GREAT 1-2 punch at RB. Just because their passing game isn't great, don't take away from their running game. Although their passing game isn't bad either.

Its a little disturbing to me how youre gonna blame a coach, who got you to the playoffs. This by far are not the best players we have had on a team. Between 99 and now we have had many high profilers on the team, but our best record was 8-8. This year we got ourselves back into the playoffs, and heck even won the wild card.

Its true, that our offense was inept. Primarily because Clinton Portis couldnt run it effectively. I really dont know what was wrong with him both today and against the bucs. Mark Brunell did some neat things out there, and towards the end those drives were hot but I sure as hell hope hes not leading us next year. We need a better QB period. Im still on the Ramsey bandwagon! Although hes prob gonna be gone next year. You guys think David Patten will do the trick? Or we should draft a receiver.

Its a little disturbing to me how youre gonna blame a coach, who got you to the playoffs. This by far are not the best players we have had on a team. Between 99 and now we have had many high profilers on the team, but our best record was 8-8. This year we got ourselves back into the playoffs, and heck even won the wild card.

Its true, that our offense was inept. Primarily because Clinton Portis couldnt run it effectively. I really dont know what was wrong with him both today and against the bucs. Mark Brunell did some neat things out there, and towards the end those drives were hot but I sure as hell hope hes not leading us next year. We need a better QB period. Im still on the Ramsey bandwagon! Although hes prob gonna be gone next year. You guys think David Patten will do the trick? Or we should draft a receiver.

Honestly, I think David Patten is a fine #2. #2. Let me repeat, #2 (and I'm not emphasizing it for you Papa :) ). He catches balls thrown at him. He makes adjustments. The simple fact is, we had 1, and only 1 REAL WR on the field for God knows how many weeks. I think we definitely need to look to free agency for another receiving threat. However, with a healthy David Patten, I think we'll be able to keep teams more honest next year.

I'm not trying to be negative or condescending here. Honestly.

I'm trying to challenge perception.

Does the fact that, under Gibbs, with starter's reps that both Ramsey and Brunell turn the ball over at the same rate(fumbles/INTs) impact or influence anyone's thinking on that "Ramsey is prone to turnovers" meme?

That aside, other than the QB issue, I think Gibbs, while not perfect, set up the team to make some plays, but certain cats could not make them. Now that could reflect on him, but we had chances, I think.

People keep looking back on this season as a whole and generating some sort of "come back" to my "attack" based on Gibbs' ability to bring this franchise back to the Playoffs (which is indeed commendable).

But I'm not "attacking" anything with my initial post. Gibbs is not only a great coach, but a personal role model to me. So please stop with the "he got us to the playoffs in the first place!" replies, because I've already acknowledged his coaching success this year.

The only problem is, his offence failed yesterday in Seattle in a very winnable playoff game where the Seahawks played sloppily and without toughness. There's no excuse for this loss. The seahawks didn't "outplay" us... but perhaps their defense did outcoach us.

He had a week to work with two stars and a cloud of dust against the #1 seed in the conference in their own house. Ya, no doubt, Gibbs failed miserably. :doh:
'

Responses like this bother me too:

What does Carolina have on offense? Do they even have two stars? (Steve Smith and who?) But look at what they can do on offense.

Don't tell me that we don't have the weapons on offense. The problem may be execution by the players, but a lot of that may be the routes they're running, and those are created by the coaches.

Maybe it's quarterbacking. Maybe with a Delhome we'd be OK on offense, with a QB that has the guts to try and make a play; not be affraid to give one up and throw the ball away 25% of the time.

I'm not trying to be negative or condescending here. Honestly.

I'm trying to challenge perception.

Does the fact that, under Gibbs, with starter's reps that both Ramsey and Brunell turn the ball over at the same rate(fumbles/INTs) impact or influence anyone's thinking on that "Ramsey is prone to turnovers" meme?

That aside, other than the QB issue, I think Gibbs, while not perfect, set up the team to make some plays, but certain cats could not make them. Now that could reflect on him, but we had chances, I think.

I understand what you're driving at. And, it's an interesting point. However, we'll have to compare percentages of snaps versus turnovers. I think Ramsey loses that battle. However, Ramsey is not a seasoned veteran, and never has had a chance to be. So, this argument is speculative at best, but certainly a valid one.

I myself yesterday (and only make the point b/cuz I've backed Brunell all year) stated that to win the game in the second half, we need a gun slinger. Brunell is a ball control QB. So I thought we should've considered putting in Ramsey. Granted, Ramsey could've been a disaster. So realistically, we don't know if Ramsey is "turnover prone". But, given his time on the field, I'll bet my money, given his performance THUS FAR, that yes he is. But that's a weak yes.

Archived