Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs failed today's test

WilberMarshall48

Gotta agree with most of your points Ghost

I thought this team was an 11-5 team at the start of the year and a division champion. The 3 game stretch in November really blew the season, and having that extra week, or at least a home playoff game would ahve proven vital

What we saw this season was clearly a QB on his last legs, but when healthy can be more then adequete and at times very good.

I was pleased with Brunell, but like the points you make, know he could have done much better if not for his deficienies

A few of them were early in the season when he did not step up in the pocket. He also has proven to be indecisive. There were many times this season where I said "someone has to be open" and he was still holding the ball

The o-line this year was for the most part real solid. There were maybe 1 or 2 games where they were terrible at pass protection (first Cowboys, first Giants) but other then that Brunell had plenty of time

Am I pleased how he played? Yeah he played fairly well, and in my opinion better then Ramsey actually would have. Did he play well enough for the team to have the season it was capable of? No. And it is clear his deficiencies will only get worse and his time as a starting QB in the NFL should be over now

What the next QB is going to have to do is be decisive, and be able to read a D. Ramsey has proven niether of those qualities yet, and who knows about Campbell

But either one of those guys will have a very good situation to step into next year. A pretty solid o-line in its second year together after playing the whole season together (sans Thomas for the final 3 games), a playmaker at WR (Moss) and an absolutley terrific RB

You have a decisive QB who makes his throws on time and steps up in the pocket (which Brunell did not ALWAYS do, when he did he looked terrific) this team can win 13 games next year with the current talent

You add another WR to the offense to complement Moss, and add more o-line depth, and have a QB who is decisive, steps up in the pocket, and makes throws on time, this team wins the Superbowl

We are this close. And I do agree with you Ghost, this season SHOULD have been better, getting 12 wins would have been key, and we are playing tommorow afternoon against the Panthers

But the changes will be made. Do I blame playcalling? No not really, because I think the playcalling looking poor at times was more a function of an incosistant passing game

Better QB play, and this offense soars

I love Gibbs, but he failed today:

He had a week to do something special with this offense. He knew it was inept. Everyone knew how catatonic it was. Everyone knew how anemic it was.

But we came out the same way we did against the Eagles and Bucs. Nothing new, nothing special. I thought these coaches spent 20 hours a day preparing for these games... what happened? They had no plan B? They had nothing in their back pocket to give us even the slightest spark?

Everything went our way today. We had 3 turnovers and couldn't pull this game out. We knocked out Alexander in the 1st quarter and couldn't pull this game out. We had a week to come up with something different to work on offense... but we failed. And sorry guys, there's no excuses for this against the Seattle D; this isn't the Bucs.

Let's hope we can continue to play dominant defense and hope Gibbs can get control of this anemic offense that plays without a killer instinct and constantly tries to not lose games opposed to win them.

I can't really argue with any of your points, but you might be being a little too harsh or expecting a bit too much. at the end of the day, we still only have 3 weapons on offense (Moss, Portis, Cooley) no matter how much time we have to prepare. we have no #2 receiver. Jacobs had a career day today, and what was it, two catches for like 25 yards or so? I mean, when that's a good day for the #2 receiver, you have personnel problems on offense. but hey, Taylor Jacobs has made me realize that anyone can make it in the NFL. because of him, I've decided I'm going to try out for the Skins next year and challenge him for that position. I, too, can certainly average 0.5 catches per game, and I will do it for a helluva lot less money than they're paying Jacobs.

offseason acquisitions, what do you guys think? I think our priorities are:

1. speed rushing defensive end

2. quality #2 receiver

3. kicker (I pray we can somehow resign Nick Novak)

4. punter

5. stud linebacker to replace Lavar :(

6. offensive guard

7. another corner

Again, your beliefs, jrock.

Again, not only my beliefs. ;) A hall of fame coach and his staff believed Mark was our best chance this season, and that holds more weight than you ever will, Ghost. No offense or anything, but until YOU win three superbowls with three different QBs, I really don't think you can say anything about Brunell. But again, that's just my opinion. ;)

How is it a 14 year old saw Keenan McCardell's talent or wanted to keep Stan Humphries or thought Tom Brady would be a clutch player (though not THIS great) when many GMs didn't? (Ok, I did like Desmond Howard--OUCH! But so did that HoFer.)

Who is this magic 14 year old that stayed 14 for 10+ years??? ;) I'm not sure if you're referring to yourself, but this is pretty silly to bring up. There is no way I can refute what you've said, and no way you can prove it. And for every Tom Brady you've called correctly, I'm sure you've picked a KiJana Carter to rule the NFL world. Just admit it....:laugh:

Sorry, I have my own 'gut.' You stated your opinions about our 'best chance' as fact. That's fine but it's impossible to address it or properly counter it. Just wait til those numbers are laid out for you. You guys like to talk about "playoffs" or "10-6" but when someone brings concrete SPECIFIC numbers to you or when LONG-validated observations are borne out--nah, we don't want to hear that.

Funny...you talk about numbers and observations, but you want to ignore the concrete numbers and observations when it comes to Ramsey. Ramsey has his problems dude. He would be the starter if he was a decent QB. He had his chances to prove himself, and didn't do it. He holds on to the ball too long and has no mobility. How's that for concrete observations??? Why do you continue to ignore THOSE observations??? You have to look at the WHOLE picture, Ghosty.

Art and DH have both been critical of the offense or Brunell at some point. The joys of being a mod, I suppose, though DH was hit hard after his post. And you know what? he was still right. He just underestimated the rest of the team (something I didn't do, but do I get credit for that? nah. Never.)

So?? Art and DH could parade around in panties singing Christmas Carols and it wouldn't change anything. Yeah, they are both knowledgable, but so are many others on this board (including myself) who supported Brunell. Ultimately, Brunell was our best option. I mean....you can continue to argue that until you're blue in the face, but it ain't gonna change the facts. If I were you, I would just wait and pray that Campbell is ready next year.

And BTW, it's not cowardly to not mention a name. I get sick of SEEING the name and I think my points are better made by referring to people without naming them ALL the time (I've done the same with Ramsey, in fact I name him less often and this isn't about him anymore.)

A little bit. Just call him out. Who cares we're coming off our second best season in 16 years! Just call him out, man. Its all good. We all know who you're talking about anyway...just call him out.

I see a 12-4 team that went 10-6 and a bunch of fans WAY too ecstatic about that and about a guy who we won in SPITE of for all but a few games. (that's what a good backup is, a guy who is pretty good as a spot starter but who you don't want to rely on the whole season.)

:rolleyes: Okay...we won all but 2 games in spite of Mark Brunell. Dude, seriously...you need to reevaluate your position. You can't possibly back that statement up...its simply filled with anti-Brunell venom. Yeah, maybe we should have been 12-4...but some of that was "extranneous circumstances" that had nothing to do with the players or coaches. Yes, we should have beaten Oakland. Yes, we should have beaten San Diego. Yes, we should have beaten Tampa. But 2 out of 3 of those losses can be placed squarely on other people's shoulders, and NOT Brunell's. So yeah, we should be 12-4 or even 13-3, BECAUSE of Brunell, not in spite of him.

And with every other player, I see hammering and criticism and blame with NO excuses. But with this dude, all I see are free passes and justifications NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES. Dude can throw TWO passes TWO WEEKS in a row across his body with his weak arm. You guys defend him. He does SO MANY of the same things PRam was accused of doing.

WHAT?? What does he do?? How many interceptions has Brunell had in the past 7 games??? How many first downs has he scrambled for?? Come on, Ghosty...you're REACHING. Brunell has made some bad decisions...every QB makes bad decisions. Hasselbeck made a TERRIBLE decision today, but Rogers couldn't hold on to the ball...maybe it would have been a completely different game if he had. :whoknows:

A long time ago, this topic became not about the two players but the divide in how the two factions see the world. It's still evident and it will remain so until the wind changes and Gibbs makes his next decision which you will all back 100 percent and then if he changes again, you'll be cool with that too. Nothing will EVER possibly be wrong or in need of SOME adjustment. I don't stick my thumb in the wind waiting for mainstream currents. I don't pick topics or cases to 'go against the grain' but I also DONT CARE about going with your grain.

If you are referring to those of us who support Gibbs' decisions, yeah, I guess you're right. Sorry...I think he's a tad more qualified than you are. I mean...I don't see AJ_Skins making headlines as the newest GM in the NFL or anything...:silly:

Gibbs, in his second year, took this team to the divisional round of the playoffs when EVERYONE predicted us to be in the cellar. Hell yes I support Gibbs and his decisions. If yo don't, quite frankly you're a fool.

I like you guys, (yes, even Illone ;) but I'm not going to stop believing I'm right. I didn't see much this year other than a few games (a couple that we LOST) to suggest I should change my viewpoint.

I wonder what this board would have been like with ANYONE ELSE at coach (or maybe during Turner's early years.)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm happy with a divisional playoff game and a 10-6 regular season record along with a SWEEP OF THE COWGIRLS and the Eagles. Maybe its just me though...:whoknows:

I mean, I know Norv and Schotty and Spunky and everyone else regularly swept the Cowgirls and Eagles and all...:rolleyes:

I don't know. I'm sure we're all disappointed but it feels like some people are more satisfied than I am. I hurt and I feel sick today. I do NOT feel good or happy with the turnaround. Not TODAY. It's why I dont' get this outpouring of 'let's keep positive.' Why? We LOST a playoff game that I think we should have won (only next week would I have questioned that or in the SB.) I can only hope this is the START and is not a high water mark.

Hell yes its the start!! How could you think anything else??? How can you rationally see this team and where Gibbs has it going, and think this is the high-water mark?? Come on, man!!!

Yeah I agree it was a winnable game. It won't be reported this way, but I was really liking our chances at 11:51 after recovering that fumble on the kickoff. A better decision there on third down, a better pass and everything's going our way.

To say he failed his test is dishonest though. Moss had 14 balls thrown his way. Portis ran 17 times. Gibbs even dialed up another halfback pass. Coach was leaning on his playmakers, which is all you can ask.

Gibbs is going to stand up at Monday's presser and accept all the blame. Then he's going to bust his ass to make sure we're in a better position to succeed this time next year.

RACK. :applause:

Well this thread seems to be an ongoing arguement....so here's my take for whatever it's worth. Brunell did a good job of leading the team. He wasn't flashy, and it certainly wasn't pretty, but it got the job done..for the most part. Suggesting to ever put in Campbell this year is just stupid because he's just not ready yet, I believe he could be the answer next year though perhaps, depends on Brunell and Gibbs I suppose. I've always liked Ramsey and still do, he certainly has more big play ability than Brunell, but also more prone to mistakes. If he can make better decisons on the field he can develop into a great QB, unfortunately that will not be for this team. Overall, Brunell did an alright job, at times his play angered me, sometimes it left me in shock. With a solid #2 receiver and some different play calling here and there I think this can be an explosive offense, and with a ready Campbell leading the way whenever that may be, it's just exciting to think about

Fair. But remember, there's nothing wrong with criticism. You think Gibbs is happy with his play calling today? If he can get all the credit when we win 6 straight, he can take some criticism when we lose a very winnable playoff game.

I have faith that Gibbs will correct the problems on offense and hopefully get some confidence on that side of the ball for next year. I think that may need to start at the QB position where some chances are taken instead of 25% of all passes fearfully thrown away.

Critique is one thing. If someone says "Gibbs could have done this better or that better" then fine, but to make a blanket statement that he failed is utter garbage

the Redskins finished 10-6 and advanced to the divisional round of the playoffs. so, it was a poor season with a coach that is out of his depth? and this after watching the team go 5-11 under Spurrier and lose 27-0 to Dallas at home? :laugh: :laugh:

just about the only team whose fans are in the position of looking their nose down at a divisional round appearance/loss in the playoffs is the Patriots.

I don't see anyone else who has won 2 or 3 Super Bowls recently :)

The Cowboys came into the year planning on being a playoff team. They failed.

The Giants won the East title and lost 23-0 at home in the wild card round.

The Redskins were the last East team to be in contention.

Give it a rest and let Gibbs build on the 10-6 mark for 2006.

the Redskins finished 10-6 and advanced to the divisional round of the playoffs. so, it was a poor season with a coach that is out of his depth? and this after watching the team go 5-11 under Spurrier and lose 27-0 to Dallas at home? :laugh: :laugh:

just about the only team whose fans are in the position of looking their nose down at a divisional round appearance/loss in the playoffs is the Patriots.

I don't see anyone else who has won 2 or 3 Super Bowls recently :)

The Cowboys came into the year planning on being a playoff team. They failed.

The Giants won the East title and lost 23-0 at home in the wild card round.

The Redskins were the last East team to be in contention.

Give it a rest and let Gibbs build on the 10-6 mark for 2006.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I think there are quite a few valid points within this thread.

1. I think we had a great season overall, especially considering we were predicted to go 4-12. Who, other than Gibbs, would have thought that Brunell could have carried us this far considering his past 2 years of play.

2. I think the playcalling in this game wasn't Gibbs' best, but look at our field position for the first 5 drives. We were in our own 20. The last thing Gibbs needed was to have a costly turnover and put our defense in a worse situation. It seemed he was playing the field position game which he has always been known for.

3. You may call these excuses, but these are definitely mitigating factors that led to today's outcome.

a. We have only one deep threat, Santana Moss, who is routinely double covered. Although Patten's numbers may not show it, his presence caused the defenses to change their coverage. Once he was out for the season, everyone could key in on Moss.

b. Our only other pass catching threat is Cooley, who has been drawing considerable coverage since the 2nd Dallas game.

c. Taylor Jacobs, Jimmy Farris, Antonio Brown, and James Thrash with a cast don't scare anybody.

d. Clinton Portis has been playing injured for several weeks now, and it finally caught up to us.

e. Our offensive line lost their best player several weeks ago, and although Ray Brown at 43 has done a remarkable job, he is not Randy Thomas. During the game, losing Ray Brown, in favor of Corey Raymer, who probably hasn't played guard since pop warner, isn't going to cut it.

f. Our QB, who has had a pretty good season for the most part, suffered an injury in the Giants' game, which he clearly hasn't recovered from. From that point on, he has reverted to a lot of what we saw last year. While you may criticize Gibbs for not sticking in one of the backups, you also need to recognize that Gibbs sees them in practice throughout the season, and clearly, must not have thought that this was a viable option.

g. Springs clearly wasn't on all cylinders either, Hasselbeck's TD run is a play that I'm sure he could normally have covered.

h. Our defensive line without Renaldo Wynn cannot stuff the run as well, which is pretty apparent from the fact that their backup running back was doing his own impression of Shaun Alexander.

i. Our bye was 16 weeks ago, while Seattle's most recent one was last week. Additionally, overall, they were much healthier.

4. On the other hand

a. How could we not stop the run without alexander in there ? We contained much better back's, i.e., cadillac williams, just last week.

b. How could we not contain darrell jackson ?

c. Why wasn't there a spy on hasselbeck ? We couldn't generate enough passrush on him, and it wasn't as if they were playing max protect.

d. Why couldn't we pass on their secondary, they were banged up too, and not ranked that high ?

5. Now there are many good and bad things that this game brought to light.

Overall, I think we had a good season. Keep in mind, since Gibbs left we've only been above .500, 3 times, this being one of those times. These are the other things that I think should be considered.

a. Look at the mess that Gibbs had to clean up. It's very hard to overcome the salary cap mess we had in 2 years, and he's gotten this team in a much better position in that time.

b. Although we are all disappointed by a loss to a team, that I truly believe we could have beaten if we were healthy. I think it very apparent that this team is going in the right direction. Offensive Ranking (2003) 22 --> (2005) 13. Defensive Ranking (2003) 24 --> (2005) 9.

c. I do agree this game was probably not Gibb's finest hour. However, I think it's very hard to beat a good team twice, especially when it's at their place.

d. Gibbs has made considerable strides in these past two years, and if nothing else, this year has proven to me that the game hasn't passed him by. It will take him some time, but I think he's built an organization that will flourish even after his departure. Keep in mind, he could have mortgaged our future and kept some of our top free agent departures. Gibbs is definitely trying to instill some character, and promote long term growth here.

All in all, I can't wait to see what we've got in the cooker for next season.

Final word.

Hail To The Redskins!

I was sad we did not win.. But it's not me out there playing the game, so I got so much respect for the players.. It happens you lose some. And it is great that they made it too where they did. If you are a true skins fan then you know this .. Last year, and the year before that, and so on we had no hope.. This is the first time I have watched the play off games in 5 years. And I know there are some other true fans out there that feel the same way!! Sure I yell at the tv with all the right plays they should make....lol... But at the end of the day I am always proud of this team!!!! And I got Gibbs to thank for that!!

I can understand your frustration. Gibbs does not block on the offensive line. Today's loss was simply the product of poor blocking, and injuries earlier this year. Gibbs knew what kind of defense we were going against. He can create a game plan, but he cannot perform it. We were a couple of dropped passes and a missed field goal.

The abuse you are receiving had to be predictable. You know how tight this community is, of course they are rag on you for a statement that wasn't thought out well. We should have had a 4th turnover, Carlos Rogers dropped an end zone pick.

I honestly think Gibbs should receive the MVP for comeback coach of the year. Remember where this team waf last year?? We were all cutting our TV's off.

It's a team loss across the board. What really hurts is that the Seahawks look pretty ordinary. We played a better team last week. For weeks the talking heads have been going on and on about Seattle. Why? They play in a terrible division and racked up some easy wins to pad their record. I'd love to see how they'd handle the gauntlet of the NFC East. Some of those gaudy numbers would go "poof." If they make it to the Super Bowl, they'll get blown out by whoever the AFC puts forth. The Skins looked tired today. Brunnell at times looked like he was a 100 years old, with that ball floating out there like a balloon. The great defense was only good this time. About midway through the second quarter it seemed like we were giving up 6 to 8 yards on first down. That is not the kind of thing we've seen this season. And it wasn't due to some new Seattle adjustment. Up to that point we were popping the Seahawks -- Hasselback looked like he was going to cry he was so frutrated. But the Offense kept leaving them out there. Punt Punt Punt. And with three turnovers -- you have to win. Some of the playcalling mystified me (not the first time this year) -- especially when we were down near the endzone the first time. It was way too conservative. Two runs and one high pass to the back of the endzone. It was like they were willing to take the 3 and hope for a defensive shutout. You can't keep doing that. That said, Gibbs had a good year. It could of been better, but for the first time in years I see a team playing with an attitude. Other teads DO NOT want to play us, if for no other reason than our smackdown Defense. Now if only the Offense would join the party. Saying this guy is injured or we need another player seems pretty lame to me. Every team this time of year is missing a part or two. You adjust because you must. This the NFL baby. And we do need a GM.

Yea he failed bad!!! He only took a piece of **** team and sent them 2 games from the SuperBowl in only 2 years. Poor terrible man he is huh? People like you are unreal!!!

You can say that again? Who was a star in this league before they came to Washington? Besides Clinton Portis. Look at what Gregg Williams, Joe Gibbs and the front office have done with the defence, tell me, 3 years ago did you know who Lemar Marshall was? Or Ryan Clark? No, they are important to our defence now with gregg williams coaching.(Thank god we have him for 3 years.)

and dont tell me Clinton Portis wont get over 1600 Yards next season becuase he will.

Losers always whine about doing their best.

Winners go home and...

well you know the rest about the prom queen.

In any event, maybe Skins fans are so starved for playoff APPEARANCES that they forget what quality and competent offensive football is and they are willing to be UNcritical and homerific in their analyses and savagely critical of anything resembling unbelief in All That is Holy.

We JUST LOST A WINNABLE PLAYOFF GAME. Why do people expect this board to be roses and perfume today?

I've read too many of your negative, smarmy, I know more than the coaches, posts.

Add one more loser to my ignore list please!

He had a week to do something special with this offense. He knew it was inept. Everyone knew how catatonic it was. Everyone knew how anemic it was.

But we came out the same way we did against the Eagles and Bucs. Nothing new, nothing special. I thought these coaches spent 20 hours a day preparing for these games... what happened? They had no plan B? They had nothing in their back pocket to give us even the slightest spark?

Everything went our way today. We had 3 turnovers and couldn't pull this game out. We knocked out Alexander in the 1st quarter and couldn't pull this game out. We had a week to come up with something different to work on offense... but we failed. And sorry guys, there's no excuses for this against the Seattle D; this isn't the Bucs.

Let's hope we can continue to play dominant defense and hope Gibbs can get control of this anemic offense that plays without a killer instinct and constantly tries to not lose games opposed to win them.

Wilber, I hope you get a chance to read this since it is so far down in the thread.

Dude, I am a HUGE Redskins fan and I AGREE WITH YOUR THREAD 100%!

I am so damned sick of people that come in here when you make a legitimate thread and say:

HEY, JOE GOT US FURTHER THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE HOPED, or

SO YOU THINK YOU COULD COACH BETTER THAN A HALL-OF-FAMER?

ETC., ETC...

The gameplan sucked. The only time we EVER used the middle it worked for a long drive and a TD (Cooley and Moss). You wanna stop a pass rush and open the deep pass up? Start thowing some short stuff across the middle. For some reason, JG's feels this is an offense to God, becaase even he only uses it in desperation.

WE should have won this game, and for all you haters out there:

HELL NO I'M NOT SATISFIED WE GOT THIS FAR! WE HAD THE GOODS TO GO ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR AND GIBB/WILLIAMS DIDN'T GET IT DONE!

I think there are quite a few valid points within this thread.

1. I think we had a great season overall, especially considering we were predicted to go 4-12. Who, other than Gibbs, would have thought that Brunell could have carried us this far considering his past 2 years of play.

2. I think the playcalling in this game wasn't Gibbs' best, but look at our field position for the first 5 drives. We were in our own 20. The last thing Gibbs needed was to have a costly turnover and put our defense in a worse situation. It seemed he was playing the field position game which he has always been known for.

3. You may call these excuses, but these are definitely mitigating factors that led to today's outcome.

a. We have only one deep threat, Santana Moss, who is routinely double covered. Although Patten's numbers may not show it, his presence caused the defenses to change their coverage. Once he was out for the season, everyone could key in on Moss.

b. Our only other pass catching threat is Cooley, who has been drawing considerable coverage since the 2nd Dallas game.

c. Taylor Jacobs, Jimmy Farris, Antonio Brown, and James Thrash with a cast don't scare anybody.

d. Clinton Portis has been playing injured for several weeks now, and it finally caught up to us.

e. Our offensive line lost their best player several weeks ago, and although Ray Brown at 43 has done a remarkable job, he is not Randy Thomas. During the game, losing Ray Brown, in favor of Corey Raymer, who probably hasn't played guard since pop warner, isn't going to cut it.

f. Our QB, who has had a pretty good season for the most part, suffered an injury in the Giants' game, which he clearly hasn't recovered from. From that point on, he has reverted to a lot of what we saw last year. While you may criticize Gibbs for not sticking in one of the backups, you also need to recognize that Gibbs sees them in practice throughout the season, and clearly, must not have thought that this was a viable option.

g. Springs clearly wasn't on all cylinders either, Hasselbeck's TD run is a play that I'm sure he could normally have covered.

h. Our defensive line without Renaldo Wynn cannot stuff the run as well, which is pretty apparent from the fact that their backup running back was doing his own impression of Shaun Alexander.

i. Our bye was 16 weeks ago, while Seattle's most recent one was last week. Additionally, overall, they were much healthier.

4. On the other hand

a. How could we not stop the run without alexander in there ? We contained much better back's, i.e., cadillac williams, just last week.

b. How could we not contain darrell jackson ?

c. Why wasn't there a spy on hasselbeck ? We couldn't generate enough passrush on him, and it wasn't as if they were playing max protect.

d. Why couldn't we pass on their secondary, they were banged up too, and not ranked that high ?

5. Now there are many good and bad things that this game brought to light.

Overall, I think we had a good season. Keep in mind, since Gibbs left we've only been above .500, 3 times, this being one of those times. These are the other things that I think should be considered.

a. Look at the mess that Gibbs had to clean up. It's very hard to overcome the salary cap mess we had in 2 years, and he's gotten this team in a much better position in that time.

b. Although we are all disappointed by a loss to a team, that I truly believe we could have beaten if we were healthy. I think it very apparent that this team is going in the right direction. Offensive Ranking (2003) 22 --> (2005) 13. Defensive Ranking (2003) 24 --> (2005) 9.

c. I do agree this game was probably not Gibb's finest hour. However, I think it's very hard to beat a good team twice, especially when it's at their place.

d. Gibbs has made considerable strides in these past two years, and if nothing else, this year has proven to me that the game hasn't passed him by. It will take him some time, but I think he's built an organization that will flourish even after his departure. Keep in mind, he could have mortgaged our future and kept some of our top free agent departures. Gibbs is definitely trying to instill some character, and promote long term growth here.

All in all, I can't wait to see what we've got in the cooker for next season.

Final word.

Hail To The Redskins!

Mixing Buddha ,

excellent first post , i couldn't agree more with every word in it. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :point2sky

welcome aboard HTTR !!

And besides Carlos Rogers who did you want to pick?? We were thin in the CB's to begin with!!! I cant belive this crap on here.. Its Gibbs fault that we got this far?? LOL you all need to wake the F up.. maybe we should bring Norv back.. This team is on its way to the SB, just give them a year or two.
I AGREE WE ARE BACK SO LETS NOT NIT PICK THIS LET ESPN DO THAT JOE DID A GREAT JOB WE ALL KNOW THAT NOW LETS WORK FOR NEXT YEAR HAILTO THE REDSKINS

I guess you're too young to realize what you're saying :finger:

Archived