Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs failed today's test

WilberMarshall48

Why did I even open this thread when I read the title.......and scrolled my mouse over it and read the beginning.

Why?

Because you have NO clue. It is so easy for some of you to sit behind your computer and tell us what should have been done........what is wrong.......what you would have done.

Oh, please.

There is no other coach I want on the sidelines. He didn't fail today.

My lord........y'all act like there are only the 11 Redskins out there.

The seahawks were ready for us..........IN THEIR HOUSE. Just like we have been ready for the opponents.........IN OUR HOUSE.

We had a great run............from a 6-6 team to an 11-6 team.

Give it a rest.

Really.

Blondie

Why did I even open this thread when I read the title.......and scrolled my mouse over it and read the beginning.

Why?

Because you have NO clue. It is so easy for some of you to sit behind your computer and tell us what should have been done........what is wrong.......what you would have done.

Oh, please.

The seahawks were ready for us..........IN THEIR HOUSE. Just like we have been ready for the opponents.........IN OUR HOUSE.

Give it a rest.

Really.

Blondie

RIGHTLY SAID BLONDIE! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

JOE GIBBS DID AS PROMISED "WE WILL PLAY HARD!":thumbsup:

GREAT JOB THIS SEASON GUYS!:wavetowel

IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER NEXT SEASON! :point2sky

YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. You give Gibbs the excuse that he only had one wide out, and then say not drafting a wide out was the right move

Gibbs is the GM. He does not deserve blame as coach he does as GM. That is what total contol gives you.

I give him credit for turning the team around. But the offense is all on him

You can't have it both ways either. We don't take Rogers in the first round and where were we for several weeks this year when our dbs were depleted and we are playing Christian Morton. If this season wasn't anything but considered a great season, then you aren't a fan of the Redskins. I mean, you wanted us to take a WR, who Mike Williams. The man was a human drop machine for Detroit this year. That would have been a brilliant pick.

Thank you Redskins for the best season in a long long time. With young players like Moss, Portis, Cooley, Raybach, Washington, Taylor, Rogers as a solid base, and Campbell lurking in the near future, this team looks to be on the right track

Why?

Oh, please.

Give it a rest.

Really.

Blondie

AMEN

Our man Coach Gibbs was leading an exhausted (physically and emotionally) team. It was apparent from the opening kickoff that the Redskins were simply out of seasonal gas. They proved the entire NFL nation wrong by coming back from the dead. They advanced thru the wildcard round by beating a brutal Buccaneers team. They even raised a little hell in the early 4th quarter vs. the #1 seed in the NFC despite the exhaustion. Portis was clearly suffering, our defense got hot early but the injuries piled up in the 2nd half, we only brought one NFL WR to Seattle in the first place.

Also- Gibbs DID call alot of plays that showed new looks and used new positions yesterday. In fact, I can't think of one part of your post that I agree with.

So what do you want to hear then?

You want this to be Disney land for the Redskins with everyone happy that we got to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

This team could have done more. We couldn't have asked for a better opponent than the playoff-failures that are the Seahawks.

We were handed 3 turnovers and had their best player knocked out.... Just admit that WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME.

Stop deluding yourself and thinking everything is OK, because it's not.

This should be a devestating loss to us. I'm tired of all the complacency here, it's making me sick.

If the attitude around here is making you sick, maybe you should just take a break from reading here for a while. As for the opponent, the Seahawks have a class organization, with a very solid team. If you want to live in the past and only look at what they did in the past to underrate them, that's your choice.

It's clear that you are devestated by this loss, and I'm sorry to hear that. Everything isn't OK, we need to upgrade in some areas, and have a little better luck with injuries. Other then that, things are just dandy. We had the best season since 99, and the team never once rolled over in the face of a loss.

Joe Gibbs took a hurt quarterback, one legitmate receiver, and a madeover offensive line into Seattle and failed to win. Those odds are pretty difficult to overcome. I feel badly we lost but I won't blame Coach Gibbs. He's the reason we got as far as we did.

Joe Gibbs took a hurt quarterback, one legitmate receiver, and a madeover offensive line into Seattle and failed to win. Those odds are pretty difficult to overcome. I feel badly we lost but I won't blame Coach Gibbs. He's the reason we got as far as we did.

thats silly, if the QB was hurt Ramsey should have played. That is what a freaking back up is for. If the starter is hurt you play the back up. I am so tired of this hurt crap. Brunell is always hurt when never played well and healthy when he plays well. Its nothing but health, THE MAN IS OLD. Old players tend to have bad joints. Gibbs is the GM. Offense is part of the game.

I find it a bit ridiculous that some folks are basically taking people to task for being pleased with what went on this year. Sure, I wish they had won the game yesterday, but the last 6 weeks, I've actually been EXCITED for Sunday (or Saturday). I can honestly say that over the past few seasons (or 14), while never waivering in support for the Skins, Sundays have almost become a dreaded day. The ineptitude with which the franchise has been run has been stunning. Now, the excitement is back. I'm no fairweather fan, by any stretch. Every year, my expectations are high. It looked, at 5-6, like hopes would be dashed again this season. But, Gibbs brought the team back from the edge of oblivion and made it through a tough road playoff game. To say that anything but the Super Bowl is a failure is shortsighted. Yes, changes need to be made, but you gotta crawl before you can walk. The majority of the team will be back next year, will be healthy and will remember what it is like to win. So, please excuse my excitement, not for a playoff loss or making it to the playoffs, but rather for what this will mean for next year. If you want to continue to be bitter and embrace the bad rather than the good that this season brought, fine. Just don't rain on everyone else's parade.

First off I want to thank Joe Gibbs for a pretty amazing season. Just watching us crawl and fight our way back from 5-6 was very special and soemthing that could not have been done without character.

Second, a very big thanks to Greg Williams who I think played a very big role in allowing this team to make it to the playoffs.

Third, Brunell has deserved to start and take us as far as we could go this year.

Fourth, there is NO WAY WE WIN A SUPERBOWL WITH BRUNELL. He got us to the playoffs and that's great. But take a look around the league. Good QB's have an arm and an ability to throw the ball in tight spots 15 -20 yards downfield.

Lastly, I hope we make Ramsey our starter next year. He has the talent. If GIBBS put 100% focus into Ramsey to make him the best QB possible them maybe he can do the same thing to Ramsey Mike Shenahan did with Jake the Snake. Take Plummer as a case study. A kid with talent who made lots of silly mistakes. With one year of great coaching he's learned how to play smart & agressive. Brunell plays not to lose, and in todays NFL that's not gonna take you all the way to the SuperBowl.

Do you know what? Shut the **** up.

Gibbs brought a team will less talent than more than half of the league to the second round of the playoffs based mostly on solid gamepanning and emotion. The fact that he couldn't beat the obviously better #1 seed, doesn't mean he failed at anything. This season was a miraculous success

Im so proud of my Redskins they fought with pride and honor trying to defend the Redkins history and tradition of the playoff glory days. Joe Gibbs is the reason why we made it to Seattle. Only fans who complain like this original post are the ones who fail all of us in the Redskin brotherhood. :cheers:

Well this thread seems to be an ongoing arguement....so here's my take for whatever it's worth. Brunell did a good job of leading the team. He wasn't flashy, and it certainly wasn't pretty, but it got the job done..for the most part. Suggesting to ever put in Campbell this year is just stupid because he's just not ready yet, I believe he could be the answer next year though perhaps, depends on Brunell and Gibbs I suppose. I've always liked Ramsey and still do, he certainly has more big play ability than Brunell, but also more prone to mistakes. If he can make better decisons on the field he can develop into a great QB, unfortunately that will not be for this team. Overall, Brunell did an alright job, at times his play angered me, sometimes it left me in shock. With a solid #2 receiver and some different play calling here and there I think this can be an explosive offense, and with a ready Campbell leading the way whenever that may be, it's just exciting to think about

A pretty reasonable summary. Brunell wise, I experienced both being pleased far beyond my expectations much of the time, and sometimes still going "dammit, Mark." I like Pat a lot and still hope for the best for him, but never longed for his appearance during the year, prefferring Mark as the one more likely to come away with a win given the big picture of the team's strengths & weaknesses.

Yesterday, and under some influence by aspects of last week's events, I was hoping to try Pat halway through the third qtr. just to see how it would go since it looked pretty grim. I wasn't blaming Mark for all the problems, I thought our o-line was not doing what was needed for instance, but Mark looked off too and I thought Pat might create a helpful shift by affecting both squads to our advantage, theirs and ours.

And then all of a sudden our offense started clicking again, which according to Seattle's own defensive players, was not because they softened up or changed anything at all. I feel the same way about Gibbs play-calling as I do about Brunell's play in some ways. They stand out by nature of their visibility and take too much blame and too much credit, as has always been the case, and need to be taken in context of an enitire game, the nature of the team, and indeed the entire season.

For the most part I agree with the general consensus here. I am very pleased and amazed with what happened this year. I am proud of my entire team, and am proud to be a Redskin fan.

But the fact that we played terrible yesterday is unquestionable. The play calling was very mediocre too: you'd think that after the first ten runs with 1 yard gained or less that we'd focus on passing a little more? For the record, our team's rushing yards yesterday amounted to 59 yards on 25 carries. 2.36 yards an attempt. Blame this offensive line? Probably.

The only other horrible coaching mistake was our clock handling ability on the last drive of the game...if you could call it that. Why the heck was Brunell throwing the ball in the middle of the field about 10 yards down everytime? He never took a single deep shot, opting to waste timeouts instead.

But besides all that, wonderful job guys. See you next year, when I have no doubts that you'll exceed all of our expectations once again. :)

No, you need to get over yourself as well.

Don't tell me you always need the players to win. Look at what the Patriots have done the past 4 years. That's purely on heart and coaching.

Expectations?! I don't give a $hit about what expectations people had for us this year. We lost a winnable game... we didn't get the job done against a team that lost it's MVP and gift-wraped 3 turnovers for us. Don't tell me this was all about a banged-up team not having the right personell; this game was also full of bad play-calling from the sidelines.

Heheheheheh

Dude you need to learn that the mods and old timers here are never wrong and no one else can speak their mind with out them slaming you.

The way I see it, the Redskins have been playing playoff games for seven weeks. They were counted out at 5-6 and won five straight to get into the playoffs. The defense played admirably and the offense did too during that run. They seemed to start running out of gas during the Eagles game at the end of the season. Seattle was more rested, at home, and everything went their way. They deserved the win.

As far as Gibbs, he may have been defeated by the Seahawks, but he did what the punk critics said he couldn't do this year. He proved without a doubt that the game hasn't passed him by because if it did, he wouldn't have started 3-0 and had his team finish as powerfully as they did. I'm proud to be a Redskins fan and I know that we are perhaps an Antwan Randle-El or Eric Moulds away from being where we need to be offensively.

Wilber, I hope you get a chance to read this since it is so far down in the thread.

Dude, I am a HUGE Redskins fan and I AGREE WITH YOUR THREAD 100%!

I am so damned sick of people that come in here when you make a legitimate thread and say:

HEY, JOE GOT US FURTHER THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE HOPED, or

SO YOU THINK YOU COULD COACH BETTER THAN A HALL-OF-FAMER?

ETC., ETC...

The gameplan sucked. The only time we EVER used the middle it worked for a long drive and a TD (Cooley and Moss). You wanna stop a pass rush and open the deep pass up? Start thowing some short stuff across the middle. For some reason, JG's feels this is an offense to God, becaase even he only uses it in desperation.

WE should have won this game, and for all you haters out there:

HELL NO I'M NOT SATISFIED WE GOT THIS FAR! WE HAD THE GOODS TO GO ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR AND GIBB/WILLIAMS DIDN'T GET IT DONE!

Gee,I guess Snyder better look for another coach.

The players failed, too. No executiuon in the 2nd half on defense. We allowed them to go up and down the field at will, no pressure and didn't stop the run as well as we should have. It was as if our game plan got muffed with Alexander out of the game.

We played better on D when he was IN the game. He was 9 yards on 6 carries, hardly MVP-like.

Once Morris came in I knew we were in trouble because he poses the type of threat that we probably were not prepared for. Outside speed. We'd been burned by those type of rushers a bunch this year. After Alexander went out it was as if we just sat back and let them come to us. Poor coverage, poor playcalling.

Sure, you can blame Gibbs but you can also blame the players and the rest of the coaching staff. We didn't capitalize on opportunities and Rogers dropped an easy TD.

Such is football, but we'll be back next year and I promise you we're gonna be better.

As much as I believe that the only way you have a winning season is by winning the Super Bowl, this has to be one of the most unrealistic posts of all time.

Gibbs came here and has finally helped develop some sort of a system that players can look to grow in for at least a few years. That sure beats the coaching and system shuffles we've had.

And sure, our offense needs work, but you can't only blame that from our coaching staff. We improved our scoring from last season by at least a touchdown a game and we definitely have holes. IMO, those holes consist of no WR help for Moss and Cooley and lack of better OL help.

We also proved alot of critics wrong this year by getting as far as we did. When we have a supposed Pro Bowl team that is favored to win the Super Bowl and we don't, then I'll be disappointed. But with the season we had, overcoming alot of doubt, I must say I am a very proud Skins fan. :cheers:

the o line couldn't block for portis or brunnell. that was the problem. period.if you look and the games sinse he went down witht the leg you will clearly see a drop in production. the line couldn't work as a unit do to lack of time together.i was hoping that poping brown in there it woukd keep going but it didn't.gibbs nade one possible mistake and that was gambling on depth. but not on play calling.i am as frustrated as anyone, after all it tokk for them to go out like this is frustrating.but look for heads, look for resons.lack of quality depth hurt us.just know they are disapointed too. but the skins are still my team and Gibbs is a great coach.

Archived