Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs failed today's test

WilberMarshall48

I don't think that Gibbs called a great game today personally. I don't think that is why we lost, I think it was a combination of things. However I think that Gibbs should have opened up the offense earlier instead of waiting until the 4th quarter when we were down. It was clear that once we started to pass more on first down and take more risks, we started moving the ball more. I think if we started passing more then it would open up the running game for us. With that said, I am just a loyal fan so what do I know, Gibbs is the one with 3 rings so I shouldn't pretend like I know something.

I'm going to rip you. Fair warning.

Seriously, who do you think you are?

YOU failed.

This team won 6 of its last 7 games you cynical ****. They were banged up beyond belief, at almost every position. They stayed in the game into the 4th quarter in an incredibly hostile road environment (I was there). They couldn't close the deal.

Get some perspective. We exceeded ALL expectations this year. Mine, yours, everyone else's in the NFL. I would've loved for the dream to continue. It wasn't to be.

Get over it.

Ultimately in the NFL, heart alone can't get it done. You have to actually play the game, and we just didn't have the horses to get the job done.

Theres no shame in that. Period.

No, you need to get over yourself as well.

Don't tell me you always need the players to win. Look at what the Patriots have done the past 4 years. That's purely on heart and coaching.

Expectations?! I don't give a $hit about what expectations people had for us this year. We lost a winnable game... we didn't get the job done against a team that lost it's MVP and gift-wraped 3 turnovers for us. Don't tell me this was all about a banged-up team not having the right personell; this game was also full of bad play-calling from the sidelines.

Ok.

He took a **** team with unhappy players to 6-10 last year.

Now we're 11-6 and on the verge of another superbowl.

Who failed?

The idiot who started this thread!

Hail!:point2sky

You people miss the point.

You think I'm dogging Gibbs in general as a coach.

I'm saying Gibbs called a bad game TODAY.

Get real with yourself.

No, you need to get over yourself as well.

Don't tell me you always need the players to win. Look at what the Patriots have done the past 4 years. That's purely on heart and coaching.

Expectations?! I don't give a $hit about what expectations people had for us this year. We lost a winnable game... we didn't get the job done against a team that lost it's MVP and gift-wraped 3 turnovers for us. Don't tell me this was all about a banged-up team not having the right personell; this game was also full of bad play-calling from the sidelines.

And part of being a fan, is accepting that sometimes just because you 'want it', doesnt mean the guys that are actually sweating, bleeding, and fighting, can get it done.

Get over your own self. Its always a combination of players and coaching. YOU look at the Patriots. Do you honestly argue they lack talent? And btw, where are the 2005 Patriots right now? It must be a coaching problem.

Get a grip.

Success is process, not a recipe. Ingredients aren't enough. You have to have the cooks, the right mix, and time.

Chill out. This is just the beginning. Because you're hungry doesn't mean the meal sucks.

It's a cop-out to blame the coaches.

Tampa and Seattle took away our running game, simple as that. And when you're a running team and that happens, you're in trouble.

As we saw during our 5 game run to end the season, when we run, we win.

Bottom line, don't blame the coaches. It's a lame ass excuse for lack of execution, and you have to tip your hat to what the defenses did.

It's a cop-out to blame the coaches.

Tampa and Seattle took away our running game, simple as that. And when you're a running team and that happens, you're in trouble.

As we saw during our 5 game run to end the season, when we run, we win.

Bottom line, don't blame the coaches. It's a lame ass excuse for lack of execution, and you have to tip your hat to what the defenses did.

Exactly my point on why we should have had a "Plan B" in case they were able to stop our running game with such success.

And, of course, since the Seahawk's passing defense is its biggest weakness, you'd think we would have thrown the ball more to possibly open up the running game early. Instead, we wait until the last 8 minutes of the game to get any offensive production.

We need to play with that "catch-up", "playing-from-behind" mentatlity from the start of the game.

it's not Joe Gibbs fault the O-line didn't get thier job done today.or last week.or the week before.now if he doesn't address that issue next year then maybe we can start to wonder but until then we should all be satisfied with the fact that this team went alot further than any realistic analysis at the beginning of the year would have indicated.yea,i'm pissed too but come on already.this team is definitely headed in the right direction and it's the coaching staff that deserves that credit.Gibbs didn't let us down today,the O-line did.keep it straight.

it's not Joe Gibbs fault the O-line didn't get thier job done today.or last week.or the week before.now if he doesn't address that issue next year then maybe we can start to wonder but until then we should all be satisfied with the fact that this team went alot further than any realistic analysis at the beginning of the year would have indicated.yea,i'm pissed too but come on already.this team is definitely headed in the right direction and it's the coaching staff that deserves that credit.Gibbs didn't let us down today,the O-line did.keep it straight.

Fair statement. I'll end my griping for now, I think I've made my point. I don't think anyone could really say that there was good play calling anyways.

So what do you want to hear then?

You want this to be Disney land for the Redskins with everyone happy that we got to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

This team could have done more. We couldn't have asked for a better opponent than the playoff-failures that are the Seahawks.

We were handed 3 turnovers and had their best player knocked out.... Just admit that WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME.

Stop deluding yourself and thinking everything is OK, because it's not.

This should be a devestating loss to us. I'm tired of all the complacency here, it's making me sick.

What I want to hear smart ass is some congratulations for an awesome season. Not a bunch of people pointing the fingers to the man that got us into round 2 of the play offs. Not some pointless, baseless, classless and ignorant banter about how he failed from some guy who obviously has zero to little clue about what exactly this season has meant.

What I want to hear smart ass is some congratulations for an awesome season. Not a bunch of people pointing the fingers to the man that got us into round 2 of the play offs. Not some pointless, baseless, classless and ignorant banter about how he failed from some guy who obviously has zero to little clue about what exactly this season has meant.

Fair. But remember, there's nothing wrong with criticism. You think Gibbs is happy with his play calling today? If he can get all the credit when we win 6 straight, he can take some criticism when we lose a very winnable playoff game.

I have faith that Gibbs will correct the problems on offense and hopefully get some confidence on that side of the ball for next year. I think that may need to start at the QB position where some chances are taken instead of 25% of all passes fearfully thrown away.

I love Gibbs, but he failed today:

He had a week to do something special with this offense. He knew it was inept. Everyone knew how catatonic it was. Everyone knew how anemic it was.

But we came out the same way we did against the Eagles and Bucs. Nothing new, nothing special. I thought these coaches spent 20 hours a day preparing for these games... what happened? They had no plan B? They had nothing in their back pocket to give us even the slightest spark?

Everything went our way today. We had 3 turnovers and couldn't pull this game out. We knocked out Alexander in the 1st quarter and couldn't pull this game out. We had a week to come up with something different to work on offense... but we failed. And sorry guys, there's no excuses for this against the Seattle D; this isn't the Bucs.

Let's hope we can continue to play dominant defense and hope Gibbs can get control of this anemic offense that plays without a killer instinct and constantly tries to not lose games opposed to win them.

You are a pessamist and need a nap buddy!!! Grab your pillow, and go to sleep. I will wake you next season when we get in the playoffs again and you can jump back on the wagon.

I hate fair weather fans!!!

here here...

You think you can raise your kickass meter now? I think you should put it full throttle!!!

You are a pessamist and need a nap buddy!!! Grab your pillow, and go to sleep. I will wake you next season when we get in the playoffs again and you can jump back on the wagon.

I hate fair weather fans!!!

You think fans should only say suger-coated positives about their team?

What's wrong with pointing out clear issues with your team? It certainly does not make me a fair-weather fan... I don't understand comments like that. If anyone has any criticism for their team they're fair-weather?! Give me a break.

We just finished up a pretty damn good season, why is that not enough for some people?

No doubt. Gibbs takes a losing franchise hovering around .500 for the past four years, and then 6-10 last year, into a 10-6 team mid-way into the playoffs. To add even more meaningful context, he's accomplished this with serious player injuries all season long and a brutally difficult schedule. Stupid, stupid people.

Yeah I agree it was a winnable game. It won't be reported this way, but I was really liking our chances at 11:51 after recovering that fumble on the kickoff. A better decision there on third down, a better pass and everything's going our way.

To say he failed his test is dishonest though. Moss had 14 balls thrown his way. Portis ran 17 times. Gibbs even dialed up another halfback pass. Coach was leaning on his playmakers, which is all you can ask.

Gibbs is going to stand up at Monday's presser and accept all the blame. Then he's going to bust his ass to make sure we're in a better position to succeed this time next year.

We just finished up a pretty damn good season, why is that not enough for some people?

Losers always whine about doing their best.

Winners go home and...

well you know the rest about the prom queen.

In any event, maybe Skins fans are so starved for playoff APPEARANCES that they forget what quality and competent offensive football is and they are willing to be UNcritical and homerific in their analyses and savagely critical of anything resembling unbelief in All That is Holy.

We JUST LOST A WINNABLE PLAYOFF GAME. Why do people expect this board to be roses and perfume today?

coaching is half the battle

They need to develop a QB who does not get hurt during the yr so they can win more games and get home feild advantage

How can you "develop" a QB who does not get injured??? That is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my entire life. You can't predict injuries. So Brunell got injured...it happens. Are you going to fault Marvin Lewis for not "developing a QB who didn't get hurt?" Palmer went down with a knee injury last week...that has to be the Bengals' fault as an organization, right?? They didn't prepare well enough!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Please, please, please think before you post. Please.

Archived