Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs failed today's test

WilberMarshall48

Heheheheheh

Dude you need to learn that the mods and old timers here are never wrong and no one else can speak their mind with out them slaming you.

Since I am member number 910.........and there are now more than 50,000 members, I guess I am one of the "old timers. So I will speak for me.

I do NOT like garbage........trash talk..........."know it all" attitudes......."condensending attitudes" from ANYONE. Those of us who have been here for a long time......learned each other. Learned our personalities..........and worked to learn our styles. Many new people come on here and start spouting before any of us know what they are about.

Surely you recognize, that what is written on a computer page is not always what the poster is trying to say.

New people need to take the time to read.........learn style...........LEARN RESPECT............before they jump in and attack.

NO ONE HERE IS A COACH FOR THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS. NO ONE HERE KNOWS IT ALL. We are all fans of the game. Some of us have followed the Skins longer than others........some of us are blessed to be close to players.........and some have other connections to the team. But we are still fans.

So when people come here with the "Y'ALL ARE SO STUPID I KNOW IT ALL" attitude............yep.........we are going to slam them.

If you are not happy about that........maybe this is really not the site for you.

Blondie

What Joe Gibbs accomplished in two years is nothing short of remarkable. If you can’t believe in this coach you might as well root for another team. There’s a purple team right up the road that has an offensive genius as a coach that would welcome you as a fan.

Bring it on!

You got to be kidding me right? This team was doing the best it could.. drop passes, unblock rushers etc... That is not Gibbs fault and for one second you blame that on JG is just insane!! We got here with one wide reciever for the past 7 games, Randy Thomas was out, injuries were just too much.. I am proud of what this man has done... This is not a failure at all.. Hail to Joe Gibbs and the team.

How many three an out? Shut UP They lost their best player, and we still lost. The loss had to be at least 50% Joe Gibbs' Fault.

and the Redskins losing Thomas, Wynn and having Brunell, Portis, Springs and Rogers playing hurt didn't have anything to do with the outcome? :)

it was all the playcalling? so, John Gruden with the same group would have won this game? is that what you are saying? :)

Gibbs took over a 5-11 team that didn't have a NFL quarterback, NFL running back or NFL #1 receiver on it and in 2 years got those things and took the team to the divisional round of the playoffs.

I think it is time to check yourself and your expectations and realize that without Gibbs this organization would still be hovering around 6-10 or 7-9 and dreaming about making the postseason at some point in the future :)

How come Jack Del Rio gets 3-4 years to turn the Jags around, Parcells gets 3-4 years to turn the Cowboys around, and yet you judge Gibbs so harshly after 2 years in which his team has shown demonstrable improvement?

Give the guy a break.

At least we aren't losing at home to Dallas 27-0 anymore. At least we aren't starting Shane Matthews or Danny Wuerffel at quarterback or Trung Canidate at running back.

And we finally have a DC and defensive unit worthy of respect.

All of that has come about since January of 2004 when Gibbs was hired.

In fact ALL of the players you likely root for on this team including Portis, Moss, Cooley, Griffin, Washington, Springs, etc. were brought in by Gibbs and Williams.

Without them this team would have no core.

If Gibbs didn't pass the test exceptionally this year, we would still be a 6-10 team.

You really think we can go from 6 years of cellar dwelling horribleness to a Superbowl title in 1 year?

Look at all the playoff teams advancing. All of them have been to the playoffs for a few seasons prior.

Seahawks, Broncos, Steelers, Panthers (maybe), all are previous playoff teams in prior years. They might not have great success in the past, but they kept working at it, and now they are going to the conference championship games.

Now that we've finally broken into the playoffs and did well, we have experience and expectations to advance further. Now we just need to get that playoff bye, and home field advantage!

Key word "today". Maybe you missed that.

BTW, I'm tired of hearing on the news that "it was still great to be here". There's no moral victories people, we lost. And we lost to a team that was notoriously bad in the playoffs and didn't even play that well. Not to mention we were +3 in turnover ratio and knocked out the MVP of the league in the 1st quarter. No excuse.... a winnable game that we lost.

A winnable game certainly. Taylor jacobs drops a pass that hits him in hands for sure 1st down. Carlos rogers drops 7 pts. john hall misses fg that changes complete complextion of game. we have one dependable WR. they have 8 in the box to stuff the run. we have been on a win streak of 6 games half of which were on the road. The team is riddled with injuries. Shawn got the mvp of the league because he is the media type, if anyone on the seattle team should be given the mvp, it should be their o-line. shawn a. is a marshmallow as proved yesterday. our defense couldnt defend well in the second half, though they put up a fight, considering all they've been through. Yeah, your right buddy, Its gibbs fault. :rolleyes: I think spurrier is down in S.carolina, you can go root for him, or there is always Norv you can follow him to his next attempt at coaching. I'll stick with Gibbs, And I'm thankful for the season he has given us.

You failed as a fan.:mad:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Since I am member number 910.........and there are now more than 50,000 members, I guess I am one of the "old timers. So I will speak for me.

I do NOT like garbage........trash talk..........."know it all" attitudes......."condensending attitudes" from ANYONE. Those of us who have been here for a long time......learned each other. Learned our personalities..........and worked to learn our styles. Many new people come on here and start spouting before any of us know what they are about.

Surely you recognize, that what is written on a computer page is not always what the poster is trying to say.

New people need to take the time to read.........learn style...........LEARN RESPECT............before they jump in and attack.

NO ONE HERE IS A COACH FOR THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS. NO ONE HERE KNOWS IT ALL. We are all fans of the game. Some of us have followed the Skins longer than others........some of us are blessed to be close to players.........and some have other connections to the team. But we are still fans.

So when people come here with the "Y'ALL ARE SO STUPID I KNOW IT ALL" attitude............yep.........we are going to slam them.

If you are not happy about that........maybe this is really not the site for you.

Blondie

You go girl!! Tell them like it is. I no longer engage in the petty insults and demeaning comments made by so called fans. I just report it, and hopefully let the staff handle it, and teach them a lesson. This is suppose to be a fan site, yet there seems to be very few fans at times, just people trying to point out all the negative issues. Football is a very technical game which requires a lot of talent, a lot of heart and desire. The other factors are turnorvers, luck, injuries, penalties and other incidental factors.

I feel a lot of people forget that. They seem to think that there is a definitive answer for every problem. There isn't. Championship teams need all the factors to go their way, and get some luck to make it to that final game we all want. Only two teams can have these things happen for them and reach that final pinnacle of the sport called the SuperBowl. So why don't we all try to support what Joe Gibbs is developing here, because it is a much better situation then we have been in for a very long time. HTTR

and the Redskins losing Thomas, Wynn and having Brunell, Portis, Springs and Rogers playing hurt didn't have anything to do with the outcome? :)

it was all the playcalling? so, John Gruden with the same group would have won this game? is that what you are saying? :)

Gibbs took over a 5-11 team that didn't have a NFL quarterback, NFL running back or NFL #1 receiver on it and in 2 years got those things and took the team to the divisional round of the playoffs.

I think it is time to check yourself and your expectations and realize that without Gibbs this organization would still be hovering around 6-10 or 7-9 and dreaming about making the postseason at some point in the future :)

How come Jack Del Rio gets 3-4 years to turn the Jags around, Parcells gets 3-4 years to turn the Cowboys around, and yet you judge Gibbs so harshly after 2 years in which his team has shown demonstrable improvement?

Give the guy a break.

At least we aren't losing at home to Dallas 27-0 anymore. At least we aren't starting Shane Matthews or Danny Wuerffel at quarterback or Trung Canidate at running back.

And we finally have a DC and defensive unit worthy of respect.

All of that has come about since January of 2004 when Gibbs was hired.

In fact ALL of the players you likely root for on this team including Portis, Moss, Cooley, Griffin, Washington, Springs, etc. were brought in by Gibbs and Williams.

Without them this team would have no core.

Yeah, it had a lot to do with the outcome, so did the rain and the crowd noise at the stadium, and the time zone difference. But guess what , it was minimal to the affect of the lousy play calling and quarterback play on offense.

I praise Joe Gibbs for what he did this year. He did an amazing job with this teams attitude. I want Joe Gibbs To Stay for several more years too, but his coaching the last three weeks as far as offensive play calling has been horid.

Read what coach gibbs said himself:

"That's my responsibility," Gibbs said of the offense, "and obviously we wanted to be much more productive than we were in the playoffs. That'll be one of the things we look hard at."

I didn't know that Gibb's was your daddy and you want to protect him.

Oh yeah, he replaced That Horrible Quarterback Patrick Ramsey with the Devine Mark Brunnel(how much money is he getting?). Again Shut Up. I'm not gonna say we would have done better with one of them or not, but you really think he brought us that much of an improvement at the QB position..? Nooo.

Not to mention I used to root for Mr. Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Laverneous Coles, and Jerimiah Trotter. But who are those no names. Huh? Point being, we've lost some good people too.

Yes he has brought in a lot of good and some great talent, but he hasn't been perfect. And Im sure Vinny Cerrato helped out a lot. My previous post wasn't even about the entire season and last, it was just about the Seahawks game, but you want to make a fool of yourself.

Also, You want to bring up the spurrier years. That's not fair to Compare that dumb _________ (fill in the blank) to Gibbs or any coach. He was an absolute retard. But something you probly won't think of is Mr. Marty Schottenheimer. I believe we went 8-8 that year after starting the year 0-5. He changed the entire team around to a different style and still had success. Had He stayed another year, hey, we probly would have made the playoffs too. Just a thought.:) And he did it with Tony Banks, that kidder.. HA HA

Why did I even open this thread when I read the title.......and scrolled my mouse over it and read the beginning.

Because you have NO clue. It is so easy for some of you to sit behind your computer and tell us what should have been done........what is wrong.......what you would have done.

Give it a rest.

Really.

Blondie

Why don't you give posting a rest? Even when someone is circumspect and measured in their comments, you attack anything critical. If you thought you shouldn't even read the thread, then why the heck did you post?

Seriously, I see how you get a free pass every time you want to attack a poster because of your rep on the board. It doesn't mean you're bad or anything, but you're guilty of contributing more to a negative atmosphere than some guy who talks about his perception of Gibbs on a thread. He didn't attack you, did he, or tell you to give posting a rest? His post was respectful--let him speak or counter his thoughts with those of your own. Please tell me "you're not a coach" and "we went to the playoffs" is the sum total of your defense?

And what's worse--how do other posters continually back you when you attack someone for voicing their opinion? What because they've met you? Because you're a woman? I don't get it. You're right, we should all be drinking champagne and celebrating. God forbid anyone look forward to the offseason, offer an opinion that counters your own or your belief about what Gibbs' opinion is--the world will come crashing down around us! The serves will explode and Gibbs will retire because of someone's thread on an internet message board.

Don't read it or stay off the board. Most of what you do is attack others' attempt to even speak on an issue.

You're right--let's all just stop posting. Wouldn't want to offend your tender sensibilities.

Another loser to the ever-growing ignore list! C-YA

/k

Calling people losers is a personal attack. And your post really isn't a response, it's more of an attempt to inflame opinion further without contributing an intelligent response to the thread or to the person you disagreed with.

Why don't you give posting a rest? Even when someone is circumspect and measured in their comments, you attack anything critical. If you thought you shouldn't even read the thread, then why the heck did you post?

Seriously, I see how you get a free pass every time you want to attack a poster because of your rep on the board. It doesn't mean you're bad or anything, but you're guilty of contributing more to a negative atmosphere than some guy who talks about his perception of Gibbs on a thread. He didn't attack you, did he, or tell you to give posting a rest? His post was respectful--let him speak or counter his thoughts with those of your own. Please tell me "you're not a coach" and "we went to the playoffs" is the sum total of your defense?

And what's worse--how do other posters continually back you when you attack someone for voicing their opinion? What because they've met you? Because you're a woman? I don't get it. You're right, we should all be drinking champagne and celebrating. God forbid anyone look forward to the offseason, offer an opinion that counters your own or your belief about what Gibbs' opinion is--the world will come crashing down around us! The serves will explode and Gibbs will retire because of someone's thread on an internet message board.

Don't read it or stay off the board. Most of what you do is attack others' attempt to even speak on an issue.

You're right--let's all just stop posting. Wouldn't want to offend your tender sensibilities.

That was deep. I hope that she doen't take this to heart.

why do you always try to sound like an pompous ass? OH, your from seattle.....my bad.

Calling people losers is a personal attack. And your post really isn't a response, it's more of an attempt to inflame opinion further without contributing an intelligent response to the thread or to the person you disagreed with.
/k

I'm taking this as you missed the 'J' key on your keyboard.

Nibbs, you've often insulted people's intelligence, and have even used the "loser" term yourself more than once in your responses. Most of us on here are have done this; few are absent from that list. It's a pretty human thing to do after spending any time on a mesage board. I think it's the number of times and severity that the behavior occurs, or is complained about, that causes moderators, or just regular posters, that determines whether it's really out-of-line in most on-line communities.

Nibbs, you've often insulted people's intelligence, and have even used the "loser" term yourself more than once in your responses. Most of us on here are have done this; few are absent from that list. It's a pretty human thing to do after spending any time on a mesage board.

Do it within the context of an entire response. I know Mayor isn't the only one and that I've done that too.

There's really no need for a single post drawing attention to someone being a "loser" and to the fact you're putting them on ignore, without even an attempt to rebut. It's not as if the quoted opinion was SO idiotic or hateful that it warranted that.

Ghost.........just so you know and there is NO misunderstanding.

I do NOT like your style. Period.

I will debate you all day long.........in PM. I will NOT have the others on this board have to endure your tyrantical spoutings with me.

If you want to go at it with me..........be a big boy and do it in PM.

I have been here a very long time. I have NEVER used the fact I am a woman........A SMART WOMAN.........as a crutch. This is something that seems to upset you as every time you and I confront each other......you bring up the fact I am a woman. I am beginnng to think I intimidate you. I can also assure you I do know football.

But, like I said. If you want to debate me........go to PM. Or put me or ignore. I really don't care which. But I can assure you that you do NOT intimidate me......nor have you ever.

I find your rantings to be just that.

Rantings.

Now, want to go for it?

Blondie

Archived