Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs failed today's test

WilberMarshall48

I love Gibbs, but he failed today:

He had a week to do something special with this offense. He knew it was inept. Everyone knew how catatonic it was. Everyone knew how anemic it was.

But we came out the same way we did against the Eagles and Bucs. Nothing new, nothing special. I thought these coaches spent 20 hours a day preparing for these games... what happened? They had no plan B? They had nothing in their back pocket to give us even the slightest spark?

Everything went our way today. We had 3 turnovers and couldn't pull this game out. We knocked out Alexander in the 1st quarter and couldn't pull this game out. We had a week to come up with something different to work on offense... but we failed. And sorry guys, there's no excuses for this against the Seattle D; this isn't the Bucs.

Let's hope we can continue to play dominant defense and hope Gibbs can get control of this anemic offense that plays without a killer instinct and constantly tries to not lose games opposed to win them.

I love Gibbs, but he failed today:

He had a week to do something special with this offense. He knew it was inept. Everyone knew how catatonic it was. Everyone knew how anemic it was.

But we came out the same way we did against the Eagles and Bucs. Nothing new, nothing special. I thought these guys spent 20 hours preparing for these games... what happened? They had no plan B? They had nothing in their back pocket to give us even the slightest spark?

Everything went out way today. We had 3 turnovers and couldn't pull this game out. We knocked out Alexander in the 1st quarter and couldn't pull this game out. We had a week to come up with something different to work on offense... but we failed. And sorry guys, there's no excuses for this against the Seattle D; this isn't the Bucs.

Let's hope we can continue to play dominant defense and hope Gibbs can get control of this anemic offense that plays without a killer instinct and constantly tries to not lose games opposed to win them.

You got to be kidding me right? This team was doing the best it could.. drop passes, unblock rushers etc... That is not Gibbs fault and for one second you blame that on JG is just insane!! We got here with one wide reciever for the past 7 games, Randy Thomas was out, injuries were just too much.. I am proud of what this man has done... This is not a failure at all.. Hail to Joe Gibbs and the team.

Yea he failed bad!!! He only took a pice of sheet team and sent them 2 games from the SuperBowl in only 2 years. Poor terrible man he is huh? People like you are unreal!!!

Key word "today". Maybe you missed that.

BTW, I'm tired of hearing on the news that "it was still great to be here". There's no moral victories people, we lost. And we lost to a team that was notoriously bad in the playoffs and didn't even play that well. Not to mention we were +3 in turnover ratio and knocked out the MVP of the league in the 1st quarter. No excuse.... a winnable game that we lost.

You got to be kidding me right? This team was doing the best it could.. drop passes, unblock rushers etc... That is not Gibbs fault and for one second you blame that on JG is just insane!! We got here with one wide reciever for the past 7 games, Randy Thomas was out, injuries were just too much.. I am proud of what this man has done... This is not a failure at all.. Hail to Joe Gibbs and the team.

Gibbs picks all the players man, i was at fed ex feild. Everyone booed when we did not draft a wide out last yr.

This team had to go through hell just to get there today. They were tired and injured. Remember - they got their bye week in week 3.

Yet they were brave and showed character by fighting until the end.

Nothing I say will change your mind thread starter - but please try to keep things in perspective, as someone already pointed out - we went where no-one thought we would this year, other than a few fans like us on this board.

Ban this waste of space sheesh I'm sick of it

So what do you want to hear then?

You want this to be Disney land for the Redskins with everyone happy that we got to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

This team could have done more. We couldn't have asked for a better opponent than the playoff-failures that are the Seahawks.

We were handed 3 turnovers and had their best player knocked out.... Just admit that WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME.

Stop deluding yourself and thinking everything is OK, because it's not.

This should be a devestating loss to us. I'm tired of all the complacency here, it's making me sick.

1. Gibbs just calls the play which is big, but he can't perform them on the field.

2. Remember our #2 & #3 recievers were out today.

3. Ray Brown went out for a while which made us play a 3rd string O lineman.

4. Brunell's was feeling his knee today.

1. The plays are too bunched up and are predictable. The reciever in motion always gets the ball

2. Patten and Thrash were not used when healthy. Patten was complaining how he is not involved

3. If you are depending on a 43 old to back up at guard, that is why you need a GM. Every team has injuries to the the oline

4. Brunell is almost 37. What do u expect? He has felt that knee since Jacksonville , that is why they drafted another QB and he was replaced then traded

Gibbs picks all the players man, i was at fed ex feild. Everyone booed when we did not draft a wide out last yr.

And besides Carlos Rogers who did you want to pick?? We were thin in the CB's to begin with!!! I cant belive this crap on here.. Its Gibbs fault that we got this far?? LOL you all need to wake the F up.. maybe we should bring Norv back.. This team is on its way to the SB, just give them a year or two.

Key word "today". Maybe you missed that.

BTW, I'm tired of hearing on the news that "it was still great to be here". There's no moral victories people, we lost. And we lost to a team that was notoriously bad in the playoffs and didn't even play that well. Not to mention we were +3 in turnover ratio and knocked out the MVP of the league in the 1st quarter. No excuse.... a winnable game that we lost.

Is that what you would have told the team after the game if you were the coach?

Im afraid WilburMarshall48 is all too typical of todays NFL fan.They want results IMMEDIATELY,and if they dont reach the SB,then nothing else matters.Sure,I was dissapointed that the Skins didnt win,but they went a heckuva lot further than most people expected.The point is,you cant win all the time.It takes time to build a champion.Seattle deserves all the credit in the world for winning today.And the Redskins deserve a lot of credit for doing as well as they did.Under Gibbs,the Super Bowls will come.Im sure of it.

So what do you want to hear then?

You want this to be Disney land for the Redskins with everyone happy that we got to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

This team could have done more. We couldn't have asked for a better opponent than the playoff-failures that are the Seahawks.

We were handed 3 turnovers and had their best player knocked out.... Just admit that WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME.

Stop deluding yourself and thinking everything is OK, because it's not.

This should be a devestating loss to us. I'm tired of all the complacency here, it's making me sick.

i feel you. Its a joke. Second round of the playoffs is a magical run . Its like this club is a expansion team

Yea he failed bad!!! He only took a piece of sheet team and sent them 2 games from the SuperBowl in only 2 years. Poor terrible man he is huh? People like you are unreal!!!

Piece of Sheet team? I don't think so buddy. This team got at least as far as it should have. Our defense is dominant, and our Offense has not played up to potential for most of the season. We should have at least made it this far. I wasn't impressed with the playcalling today, and I do put this loss on Gibbs. He bottled up our offense and we only succeeded when he opened it up. Bottom line is our best offensive player isn't clinton portis or mark brunell - it's santana moss. We should use him, and the rest of the passing game, more than we do. Why fail trying to grind it out when you CAN throw the ball effectively. The run wasn't working - they dared us to beat us in the pass - and we didn't take the challenge until it was too late.

Gibbs got us this far, and he's turned this team around, and I am not dissapointed in our season, but this loss is on him.

I think I will jump out here. As proud as I am of this team, I don't have the inclination to bear those who are inspired to assign blame, those who lack empathy for a team that fought it's heart out this year, and a team on the way up.

I don't have the patience for those who panic and over-react when things don't go their way.

wow this is a terrible post. So we went to a losing season to the divisional playoffs and Gibbs sucks??

We have many injuries on our roster that speaks for itself.

We have been on the road for the past three weeks.

When was the last time we had a bye week??????............thought so...

We went on a 6 game winning streak

The team played their hearts out today and the future looks very promising.

I'm sure you're not really 80 but you need to grow up and be happy with the season dude. Things just did not work out the way we thought they would. time to move on

I may have started this thread, but this is a dumb-ass comment. Rogers was the way to go hands down.

YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. You give Gibbs the excuse that he only had one wide out, and then say not drafting a wide out was the right move

Gibbs is the GM. He does not deserve blame as coach he does as GM. That is what total contol gives you.

I give him credit for turning the team around. But the offense is all on him

After Coach Gibbs left we appeared in one postseason game and lost it over twelve years. In his second year we went to postseason and won first round game. Yes, I am disappointed, but no I do not agree "Gibbs failed today's test."

He'll add some new players in offseason and we'll be a better team next year. While you may be a great fan, I'm betting that a three time Super Bowl Champion coach is in a better position to get us to the next Super Bowl rather than you or me or any other fan out there!

Thanks Coach and team for representing us well this year...we're proud of you!

I guarantee you every play called today was designed to go for a touchdown. Somewhere between the playbook and the whistle there is this thing called execution. For whatever reason, the OL had a mediocre day. Brunell had a mostly average day. Portis couldn't shake loose on anything. That's just how it worked out. We did everything we could with what we had to work with.

We are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were last year. Expect more improvement this offseason.

Archived