Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs failed today's test

WilberMarshall48

wow this is a terrible post. So we went to a losing season to the divisional playoffs and Gibbs sucks??

We have many injuries on our roster that speaks for itself.

We have been on the road for the past three weeks.

When was the last time we had a bye week??????............thought so...

We went on a 6 game winning streak

The team played their hearts out today and the future looks very promising.

I'm sure you're not really 80 but you need to grow up and be happy with the season dude. Things just did not work out the way we thought they would. time to move on

You take it too far. I never said "Gibbs sucks". If it wasn't for Gibbs, we never would have been in this position to win a very winnable playoff game.

I'm saying that TODAY, Gibbs was not at his best. I'm sure he'll turn it around (the offense), but he had a chance TODAY and missed out.

Please don't think I'm bad-mouthing Gibbs as a coach. I respect him as a coach and even more as a person. I'm only saying that his coaching TODAY could have been better.

... BTW ... , maybe we should go out in a game and pretent we're in 2-minute drill from the start ... it's like this offense needs impending doom to make something happen, only that it's too late by that point.

Piece of Sheet team? I don't think so buddy. This team got at least as far as it should have. Our defense is dominant, and our Offense has not played up to potential for most of the season. We should have at least made it this far. I wasn't impressed with the playcalling today, and I do put this loss on Gibbs. He bottled up our offense and we only succeeded when he opened it up. Bottom line is our best offensive player isn't clinton portis or mark brunell - it's santana moss. We should use him, and the rest of the passing game, more than we do. Why fail trying to grind it out when you CAN throw the ball effectively. The run wasn't working - they dared us to beat us in the pass - and we didn't take the challenge until it was too late.

Gibbs got us this far, and he's turned this team around, and I am not dissapointed in our season, but this loss is on him.

the loss is on Brunell. He cost us 14 points by himself

the intential grounding taking a touchdown drive away and putting us out of feild goal range

throwing the ball high to Moss on a 5 yard pass to tie the game at 17 all

Come on

YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. You give Gibbs the excuse that he only had one wide out, and then say not drafting a wide out was the right move

Gibbs is the GM. He does not deserve blame as coach he does as GM. That is what total contol gives you.

I give him credit for turning the team around. But the offense is all on him

Um, I never gave any excuse. Get your posts straight dude. And BTW, Rogers was the way to go, he's a solid DB. And to be honest, I hope we get ANOTHER defensive player next year. We need to maintain the dominant defense in order to make another run next year.

the loss is on Brunell. He cost us 14 points by himself

the intential grounding taking a touchdown drive away and putting us out of feild goal range

throwing the ball high to Moss on a 5 yard pass to tie the game at 17 all

Come on

BrunellSuperbowl blaming brunell, thats kind of funny. But, no, you're wrong. Brunell had 3 bad passes. One of them scored a TD anyway. The other 2 were both high passes: one to santana and one to cooley. Santana got blasted on that high pass and there's no way he would have held onto it. So thats basically a moot point. Brunell got the ball downfield multiple times when gibbs finally opened the offense up.

Come on

I love Gibbs, but he failed today:

He had a week to do something special with this offense. He knew it was inept. Everyone knew how catatonic it was. Everyone knew how anemic it was.

But we came out the same way we did against the Eagles and Bucs. Nothing new, nothing special. I thought these coaches spent 20 hours a day preparing for these games... what happened? They had no plan B? They had nothing in their back pocket to give us even the slightest spark?

Everything went our way today. We had 3 turnovers and couldn't pull this game out. We knocked out Alexander in the 1st quarter and couldn't pull this game out. We had a week to come up with something different to work on offense... but we failed. And sorry guys, there's no excuses for this against the Seattle D; this isn't the Bucs.

Let's hope we can continue to play dominant defense and hope Gibbs can get control of this anemic offense that plays without a killer instinct and constantly tries to not lose games opposed to win them.

this post sucks. Gibbs will take full responsibility for the loss cuz that's who he is. But you have no right to pretend to know what goes on in that locker room. Bottomline? We couldn't run the ball. I wouldn't have minded a bit more rock cartwright with clinton portis as a distraction. BUT? It is what it is. Our line was beaten up. Ray Brown showed alot of heart, and i'll spare cory raymer my critique, but we all saw the game. AND? Our D had trouble stopping the real seattle weapon. Their backup running back.

That seattle D is every bit as good as tampa's in the back 7, and with Ray Rhodes at the helm? Our Skins played a very good game and I'm proud of them. BUT, seattle was/is the better team at this point. They proved it.

Next year? A deeper offensive line. Maybe a bulldozer tightend. A more experienced Defense and Maybe, just Maybe, a new QB behind center?

Our Skins are Superbowl Bound. I know i'm not the only one that believes this. The writing is on the wall though. Lets stick together the way Gibbs preaches. Without Gibbs? We'd be looking at another blue chip draft pick with HOPES, only HOPES of making the playoffs...as it is? I'll take the way our season ended to the way it used to end.

And next year? Sky is the limit. Keep the Faith. This is only the beginning.

Um, I never gave any excuse. Get your posts straight dude. And BTW, Rogers was the way to go, he's a solid DB. And to be honest, I hope we get ANOTHER defensive player next year. We need to maintain the dominant defense in order to make another run next year.

I agree with you, I SAID WE SHOULD OF KEPT CHAMP

i am saying people can not give Gibbs a pass for having one wide out. He is the one who signed Patten on the first day of free agency. He thought the wide outs were fine

what they need to do is play Campbell next yr. So by the end of the yr you have a QB hitting his stride not a QB on his last legs

The Skins made it further than they should have this year, that's for sure.

Gibbs has been outcoached 2 playoff games in a row. Yes, his coaching methods are outdated, but his main problem has been his drafting the last 2 years.

2004: Taking problem child Sean Taylor was a huge mistake. Gibbs should have gone with Ben Roethlisberger.

2005: Taking Carlos Rogers over Offensive Tackle Jammal Brown was a horrible move.

Then with another 1st round pick taking Jason Campbell instead of Offensive Guard Logan Mankins was dumb.

Add Roethlisberger, Brown and Mankins to that Skin offense and that offense is improved 10 times over. The loss of Taylor and Rogers would be no problem because Williams is such a good coach. Gibbs isn't as smart as Williams, he needs talent to win.

Gibbs has been outcoached 2 playoff games in a row. Yes, his coaching methods are outdated, but his main problem has been his drafting the last 2 years.

2004: Taking problem child Sean Taylor was a huge mistake. Gibbs should have gone with Ben Roethlisberger.

2005: Taking Carlos Rogers over Offensive Tackle Jammal Brown was a horrible move.

Then with another 1st round pick taking Jason Campbell instead of Offensive Guard Logan Mankins was dumb.

Add Roethlisberger, Brown and Mankins to that Skin offense and that offense is improved 10 times over. The loss of Taylor and Rogers would be no problem because Williams is such a good coach. Gibbs isn't as smart as Williams, he needs talent to win.

Disgruntled Bucs fan, what a joke.

Taylor and Rogers could turn out to be the best d-back/safety combo in the league... please get real sir.

I do agree that campbell needs to start next season. Brunell showed he had something left in the tank this season, but that "something" is not enough to get us where we really want to be. He's a scrappy one but he's just too old and brittle to carry a team.

I do not understand why Gibbs runs this offense with Brunell. I think he brought Brunell into start because he wanted a smart QB who can scramble when he callsa bad play. But he had to know Brunell was old. What good is he ?

Thats the worst "hindsight" draft plan I've ever seen. Taylor is one of the few players williams NEEDS to run his schemes. We don't need to draft any tackles, as our bookends started ALL SEASON. No one had any idea how poised roethlesberger would be, and even if we did draft him, he's still be on the bench right now behind brunell. Carlos Rogers played great this season, and will be a franchise corner for years to come.

I love Gibbs, but he failed today:

He had a week to do something special with this offense. He knew it was inept. Everyone knew how catatonic it was. Everyone knew how anemic it was.

But we came out the same way we did against the Eagles and Bucs. Nothing new, nothing special. I thought these coaches spent 20 hours a day preparing for these games... what happened? They had no plan B? They had nothing in their back pocket to give us even the slightest spark?

Everything went our way today. We had 3 turnovers and couldn't pull this game out. We knocked out Alexander in the 1st quarter and couldn't pull this game out. We had a week to come up with something different to work on offense... but we failed. And sorry guys, there's no excuses for this against the Seattle D; this isn't the Bucs.

Let's hope we can continue to play dominant defense and hope Gibbs can get control of this anemic offense that plays without a killer instinct and constantly tries to not lose games opposed to win them.

You made one good point and notice you failed to follow up on it. Alexander was knocked out of the game making the Seabiscuits one dimensional. The Skins should have been able to dominant on defense but that was not the case. How do you let a fullback rumble for 42 yards on a crucial 3rd down? How does Darryl Jackson amass 150 plus yards receiving and a td with only four down lineman creating suspect pressure? The offense is limited with only two respectable receivers and the absents of Randy Thomas. I have seen threads to suggest A. Brown as a wideout. Evidently, in practice he has not shown an ability to get open. Farris did get robbed on the pass interference but what has he done since his arrival? I am seriously wondering what happen to Peerless Price? I know Dallas had cut him but it is documented in Buffalo that he is a premiere number 2 wideout. I would have felt more comfortable with the Skins picking up a proven wideout when Patten went down. All in all one side of the ball did not create this lost. The defense contributed just as well as the offense. I feel good about the Skins in 2006 because in years pass I did not see these much improvement over a two year span and I expect Gibbs to be more creative and more aggressive just like Vermeil was in his third year.

You need talent on Defense to be great! You are burning Gibbs for taking an unproven player? He hasn't had a snap in the NFL, you dont know how good he could be. No one thought Roethlisburger was gonna be as good as he is. Our line is good when healthy too. You dont know crap about our team. We came into the playoffs crippled.

Guest amaprius

The team failed at coaching today.

The team failed at execution.

The team failed at changing up the plays when needed on offense and defense.

The team failed at reacting.

The team failed at allowing big penalties.

The team failed.

Gibbs called every play I expected him to on offense....If I can guess Gibbs' next play then so can Holmgren and Rhodes.

Brunell getting called for intentional grounding on one play and passing to a covered man 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage on another are just stupid execution. Gibbs stuck with him after that and let him blow all our chances. Ramsey or Campbell could have done a better job today.

Brunell should take the reins and change things at the line if he sees that Gibbs is getting too predictable and the defense is ready for the play.

Offsides penalties and other penalties of concentration need to be worked on.

Dont push off when you are a WR...Let the CB do that.

We played down to our level and the Seahawks tried to also.....but they were motivated to win....we were only motivated to play hard on defense.

An OC would help this team....one that actually calls plays...or get rid of Gibbs in favor of someone with an offensive imagination.

There's no moral victories people...<edit>

So all victories are immoral? :laugh:

Is the quality of your experience in your life mainly determined by your last loss?

I personally don't look at this particular game as any kind of moral victory, though unlike you, in my world such things do exist.

But I sure see earning the spot to play in it as a victory of morale, among other things. It's the same morale this team has shown again and again this year. The same morale shared by many of the fans on this site.

It's been a morale victory this year for me.

Big Ben only throws the ball 20 times a game and depends highly on the running game. When Big Ben must throw the ball over 20 times it is a pick waiting to happen. Logan Mankins was some what of disappointment in NE and Brown in New Orleans did not seem that impressive neither. Now lets critique good ole Chucky who inherited a Super Bowl defense and has not done anything since. Chucky has brought in washed up players to improve the offense which still has not panned out ie, Charlie Garner, Tim Brown, to just name a few. Did not make the playoffs after winning the Super Bowl and is probably on his way out the door compared to Joe Gibbs who has won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different quarterbacks. Turned a 6 and 10 team one year into a 10 and 6 team the following year. Sounds like a hell of a resume.

So all victories are immoral? :laugh:

Is the quality of your experience in your life mainly determined by your last loss?

I personally don't look at this particular game as any kind of moral victory, though unlike you, in my world such things do exist.

But I sure see earning the spot to play in it as a victory of morale, among other things. It's the same morale this team has shown again and again this year. The same morale shared by many of the fans on this site.

It's been a morale victory this year for me.

a lot of people are like you. I am a compeittive person. I do not want to finish second any time. A lot of you are probaly happy about the season. But i bet you Joe Gibbs is not happy at all with this. But we are all different. Some of us are like competitive some of us are glass half full people, i wish i was a glass half full person, but i am not

Yea he failed bad!!! He only took a piece of sheet team and sent them 2 games from the SuperBowl in only 2 years. Poor terrible man he is huh? People like you are unreal!!!

You've got it MustangSteve. BTW, what year is your Mustang!

2005: Taking Carlos Rogers

gettin rid of ST is like saying to other teams....please kill us with ur passing game

also...rogers has been solid for us this year...and he's a rookie

The team failed at coaching today.

The team failed at execution.

The team failed at changing up the plays when needed on offense and defense.

The team failed at reacting.

The team failed at allowing big penalties.

The team failed.

Gibbs called every play I expected him to on offense....If I can guess Gibbs' next play then so can Holmgren and Rhodes.

Brunell getting called for intentional grounding on one play and passing to a covered man 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage on another are just stupid execution. Gibbs stuck with him after that and let him blow all our chances. Ramsey or Campbell could have done a better job today.

Brunell should take the reins and change things at the line if he sees that Gibbs is getting too predictable and the defense is ready for the play.

Offsides penalties and other penalties of concentration need to be worked on.

Dont push off when you are a WR...Let the CB do that.

We played down to our level and the Seahawks tried to also.....but they were motivated to win....we were only motivated to play hard on defense.

An OC would help this team....one that actually calls plays...or get rid of Gibbs in favor of someone with an offensive imagination.

I'm going to rip you. Fair warning.

Seriously, who do you think you are?

YOU failed.

This team won 6 of its last 7 games you cynical ****. They were banged up beyond belief, at almost every position. They stayed in the game into the 4th quarter in an incredibly hostile road environment (I was there). They couldn't close the deal.

Get some perspective. We exceeded ALL expectations this year. Mine, yours, everyone else's in the NFL. I would've loved for the dream to continue. It wasn't to be.

Get over it.

Ultimately in the NFL, heart alone can't get it done. You have to actually play the game, and we just didn't have the horses to get the job done.

Theres no shame in that. Period.

Gibbs picks all the players man, i was at fed ex feild. Everyone booed when we did not draft a wide out last yr.

So what? You seem to forget the fact that 99.9999% of fans, you and me included, have no frickin' idea when it comes to coaching a professional team and picking talent.

Mike Williams really lit it up this year, didn't he? :doh:

Gibbs sucks as a GM because the drunken horde at FedEx booed on draft day....now I've heard it all.

We should have tried to get Cooley more involved and brunell just isn't the answer. He just doesn't have any pocket presence. He showed flashes of the player he used to be but he is too old now and his knees can't take it anymore. I was frustrated at times during the season with his decision making, But to be fair, he did have a feww good games.

Archived