Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official fire Jon Gruden Thread

HardyNickerson56

Will Sean Taylor ever grow up?  

1. 1. Will Sean Taylor ever grow up?

• yes-hes young, he'll be fine
    • no-too much of a hot head on the field and off

Gilga, I think it will be once again offensive line play, quarterback, receiver core. All three set in stone until he takes his dog and pony show elsewhere.

Speaking of which, help me understand something...what has happened with Michael Clayton? Was his rookie year just an aberration or is Gruden's system just not taking advantage of his ability? He really looked like he was headed for good things, so I'm very curious.

Haha, I love when a thread is still valid over a year later. :laugh: I've been exiled to the Tampa area for the last couple of years and get bombarded with Bucs coverage and I am really wondering why Gruden is still there.

2002: 12-4, won Super Bowl with Dungy's team

2003: 7-9, the old SB curse

2004: 5-11, just plain sucked

2005: 11-5, won the division but could not handle an injury-ridden depleted Redskin team in the wild card round:logo:

2006: 4-12, begging to be fired

2007: "Why bother with a long plan, sign an old man today..." Isn't that how the Bang cartoon went?:laugh: "I'm Bucco Bruce, you silly goose!":D

The Buc's offense finally performing under Rattay in the final two games strongly points to coaching as the main source of their woes. They might have gone 6-10 with a better choice of QB.

Speaking of which, help me understand something...what has happened with Michael Clayton? Was his rookie year just an aberration or is Gruden's system just not taking advantage of his ability? He really looked like he was headed for good things, so I'm very curious.

Michael Claytons rookie year he had Brad Johnson throwing to him.

The following years (2) he had, in no particular order throwing him the ball:

--Brad Gradkowski

--Chris Simms

--Brian Griese

--Tim Rattay

Kinda tough to have any kid of stats with that. I guess we shall see this year since they do have, potentially, someone who is capable of throwing a football in Garcia.

The problem with Michael Clayton was after that rookie year he got fat lazy and out of shape. He quit caring about catching the football. Now all he is, is a glorified blocker. He is completely done, no explosion, no hands and no heart. The only reason he is on the roster.. well besides the fact that it would mean that Gruden would have to admit he doesn't know how to draft, is that Paris Warren got hurt at the end of that Texans game. I still love the Buccaneers, nothing will ever change that, but I just don't trust the future of my franchise with Gruden. I feel about him the way I am sure most of the Skins fans feel about Norv Turner.

Alright listen up How is it Jon Gruden's fault that he hasn't had a half decent QB since Brad Johnson? How is it Jon Gruden's fault that Rich McKay let Warren Sapp and John Lynch go while they could still play? How is it Jon Grudens fault that his GM decided not to address the Defense untill they saw a major change? How is it Jon Grudens fault that his best reciever is 34 years old? HOW IS IT JON GRUDENS FAULT THAT HIS OFFENSIVE LINE CAN NOT PROTECT THE QB? HOW IS IT JON GRUDENS FAULT THAT CHRIS SIMMS GOT INJURED LAST YEAR? THE ONLY THINGG THAT IS JON GRUDENS FAULT IS PLAYING A ROOKIE INSTEAD OF TIM RATTAY BUT TIM WOULD HAVE WON MAYBE 1 MORE GAME THAN BRUCE!!! KEEP GRUDEN HE IS THE BEST COACH THAT HAS HAPPENED TO TAMPA WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DUNGY!!!

Alright listen up How is it Jon Gruden's fault that he hasn't had a half decent QB since Brad Johnson? How is it Jon Gruden's fault that Rich McKay let Warren Sapp and John Lynch go while they could still play? How is it Jon Grudens fault that his GM decided not to address the Defense untill they saw a major change? How is it Jon Grudens fault that his best reciever is 34 years old? HOW IS IT JON GRUDENS FAULT THAT HIS OFFENSIVE LINE CAN NOT PROTECT THE QB? HOW IS IT JON GRUDENS FAULT THAT CHRIS SIMMS GOT INJURED LAST YEAR? THE ONLY THINGG THAT IS JON GRUDENS FAULT IS PLAYING A ROOKIE INSTEAD OF TIM RATTAY BUT TIM WOULD HAVE WON MAYBE 1 MORE GAME THAN BRUCE!!! KEEP GRUDEN HE IS THE BEST COACH THAT HAS HAPPENED TO TAMPA WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DUNGY!!!

All you Skins fans who can't shut up about us needing a GM need to read above. Some of you never seem to realize that things are always a 2-way streak, and that nothing guarantees success in the NFL (except Peyton Manning). So many assume any GM coming in will automatically fix everything. From the above post you can see that bringing in a GM could also destroy everything. Gibbs showed in just 2 seasons that football never left him, and he's getting ready to show us that again.

Sorry for going off topic. Now, I'd say Gruden should take a look at Leftwich, get a young guy in there who can start in place of Garcia NEXT season. I'd say that even if Tampa has another 4-12 season, Gruden will get one more year after that, and then that's it. He still not too far removed from a Superbowl win, and only 2 seasons removed from a division title. Whether or not he's the right guy, his success in Tampa has given him enough room to suck for another season or two. If the team keeps declining with age, then probably in 2 season most of the vets will be gone, Gruden will be gone, and Tampa will have to start over.

So it's not the coach's fault that his team sucks? He has absolutely no input on who ends up on his roster? I'm not buying it. They were 0-3 while Simms was able to play and in that time he managed to throw 7 interceptions to only 1 touchdown, and a 46.3 passer rating. Had his spleen not ruptured, they might have beaten Carolina in week 3 but that doesn't change how in the first two weeks they were outscored 41-3. QB was the least of their problems.

You did kill the Browns in week 16 though, I guess that makes you the best team to finish 4-12 or less.

So it's not the coach's fault that his team sucks? He has absolutely no input on who ends up on his roster? I'm not buying it. They were 0-3 while Simms was able to play and in that time he managed to throw 7 interceptions to only 1 touchdown, and a 46.3 passer rating. Had his spleen not ruptured, they might have beaten Carolina in week 3 but that doesn't change how in the first two weeks they were outscored 41-3. QB was the least of their problems.

You did kill the Browns in week 16 though, I guess that makes you the best team to finish 4-12 or less.

I'm not saying nothing's his fault but he can't control his O-line getting injured and Kenyetta Walker just being crap and he can't control the way his players play...he certainly screams at them enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The title says it all, Gruden had his chance this year, failed miserably when it counted, now it is time for him to go. I guarantee the Bucs will finish no better than 5-11 next year. I say we save ourselves the trouble and can him now.

I had predicted 5-11, we were 4-12. Next year after yet another home playoff lose Gruden we will be right back at 4-12.

Archived