Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official fire Jon Gruden Thread

HardyNickerson56

Will Sean Taylor ever grow up?  

1. 1. Will Sean Taylor ever grow up?

• yes-hes young, he'll be fine
    • no-too much of a hot head on the field and off

He's got a rookie QB playing against a pretty good defense. Running up the middle and try to leave yourself with manageable 3rd down situations.

I think Aikman pretty much hit the nail on the head, he was put in a tough situation because he inherited a really good team, but that was getting up there in age. And because the Bucs gave up draft picks to get Gruden, it was tough to reload and the roof caved in. Unless the Bucs start losing massive ticket sales, the best approach is to continue with Gruden for now and continue to rebuild throught the draft. Otherwise you'll have no continuity and your young QB's will be forced to learn a new offense and your defense will probably go to a new defensive scheme as well.

YAKUZA

That was all Gruden's doing. Bringing in old FA's, letting the defense get old with no draft picks and falling in love with a rookie QB that is a Rick Mirer clone.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Problem is, Gruden is working with 2002 talent in 2006. They need to or are in the process of gutting that team. I would love for Gruden to take over for Gibbs when he retires.

No, Gruden can stay in Tampa. We do not need Chucky. The only coach I would not mind coming here if Williams does not take over is Bill Cowher.

• 3 months later...
As bad as I hated Boonell starting, I always root for my team to win. I could never do that. Things will take care of themselves if TB has another 4-12 season. I wouldn't root against Garthia.

I understand what you're saying, however the only way the bucs will be good again is if we can get Gruden fired.

Archived