Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official fire Jon Gruden Thread

HardyNickerson56

Will Sean Taylor ever grow up?  

1. 1. Will Sean Taylor ever grow up?

• yes-hes young, he'll be fine
    • no-too much of a hot head on the field and off

Well if what I saw against Baltimore continues through-out the course of the season, then there may be some changes at the season end.

Alot of people are right when they say that Simms is over-rated especially because Tampa has a championship-caliber defense.

Ehhh I think Gruden has coached the fire out of the defense. I watched his post game press conference, he doesn't really mind losing.

Bucs need to be COMPLETELY rebuilt. That D has aged quick. From #1 last year to just awful now. Offensive they have some nice young talent but no OL and I'm not sold on Simms long term. They need an overhaul. I don't know if Gruden should go or not, but you have to remember he won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team.

• 1 month later...

The guy is still building a team to his liking. His defense is old and needs to rebuild. Monte Kiffin needs some young speedsters. This guy brought you a Championship. Granted he did it using Tony Dungy's players. But giving a franchise that was once a joke a Superbowl ring, should give fans and management some patience with Gruden. Give him a chance to finish the rebuilding.

All things considered, the Bucs could be worse. They could've been the Raiders. YUCK!

I still think Gruden is a good coach. I was impressed with how he brought Simms along... its too bad what happened to him (Simms). If you'd asked me this question around the time he won a superbowl with the Bucs... I'd tell you that Gruden is one of those guys that just keeps stumbling into golden opportunities. But I think I was wrong. :)

I do think that the Bucs need to trade up and try and get a franchise QB in the draft... maybe Troy Smith.

But I don't think they'll find a better coach than Gruden this offseason... they should give him 2 more years.

• 3 weeks later...
Not at all, he peed his pants looking across the sideline at a HOF coach. Grudens "Run up the middle on every 1st down" mentality killed us.

He's got a rookie QB playing against a pretty good defense. Running up the middle and try to leave yourself with manageable 3rd down situations.

I think Aikman pretty much hit the nail on the head, he was put in a tough situation because he inherited a really good team, but that was getting up there in age. And because the Bucs gave up draft picks to get Gruden, it was tough to reload and the roof caved in. Unless the Bucs start losing massive ticket sales, the best approach is to continue with Gruden for now and continue to rebuild throught the draft. Otherwise you'll have no continuity and your young QB's will be forced to learn a new offense and your defense will probably go to a new defensive scheme as well.

YAKUZA

There are rumors that Jeff Lurie is enamored with Jon Gruden and he regrets firing Kotite and getting Ray Rhodes instead of promoting Gruden into the job.

That would be weird. Gruden back in Philly.

Reid was living off Rhodes picks for a little bit there.

Now he has players like Dhani, Mahe, Moats, Considine, Cocong.

Hell the guy had Labinjo playing last year.

Labinjo.

I'll trust Reid to pick Oline and QB. Nothing else.

I want more of the same from the Eagles FO. They saw Cowher tough it out in Pitt and get his superbowl, and now they're convinced they need to stay the course with Reid.

I guarantee he gets a pass this year.

Archived