Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some very sad news.

Woofer

Yesterday morning, December 25, my mother passed away.

She had suffered a stroke a few weeks ago, and was in the Magnolia Rehab center in Lanham. Yesterday, when we went to spend the day with her, she had a heart attack and died. She was surrounded by her family at the time.

My mother was a school teacher for many years at District Heights Elementary school, where she taught 5th and 6th grades.

Mom was also a big Redskins fan, as is my father. She cheered the Redskins on for many years.

I'll miss her.

Hey Woofer Im real sorry to hear about your Mom , I said a prayer for her and all your family. My father, also a huge skin fan died back in August 1982. Six months later the skins took the title, I always believed he was somehow really enjoying that and even played some part in it. Crazy maybe but it sure made me feel better! Lets hope we can do it for your Mom!!!!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I have a lot a great memories of my mom. She was a great teacher, not just at school, but of myself and my two sisters as well. She taught us honesty, loyalty, appreciation and so much more. She gave of herself tirelessly as a teacher, making lesson plans, spending evenings planning and correcting papers, helping her students learn not just the "how", but the "why" as well. And all the while, not letting my sisters and me feel neglected or left out.

I'll remember all the Sunday afternoons when we would watch the Redskins on TV. She had a small pom-pom that she would shake like mad and cheer when they made a good play, and yell at the refs for making bad calls (and they were ALL bad calls if they went against the Redskins).

I'll remember how she could calm my dad just by saying his name.

And most of all, I'll remember how much she loved me, and how much I love her.

Archived