Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad fans

Spaceman Spiff

I had the best time at the game today. Lower level seats, 17 rows behind the Skins bench, 50 yard line. Absolutely perfect.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Time for my rant...

I'm a little too young to remember the glory days at RFK. I've been to a handful games at that stadium, I have a few memories, mostly good ones. I loved how the stadium would shake.

I keep hearing about how back in the 80's RFK was filled with good hard working class, down to earth people and that EVERYONE was making noise.

I wish I had some of those people in my lower level section today.

I'm sorry to say that the haughty, pretentious, uppity fans that are usually reserved for the club level were all over the place in the lower level tonight. While my buddy and I were screaming our lungs out and holding up our signs, they were casting long, disapproving stares our way. These are the same fans who yell "DOWN IN FRONT" while everyone else in a 3 section radius is standing and screaming while the defense is on the field.

I'd also like to point out that my friend and I were careful not to use any bad language since there were kids nearby. We heckled the Dallas fan that was sitting in front of us, but it was all in good fun. He actually had the nerve to start the trash talking when we were up 7-0.

I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

If you're one of these fans, please explain it to me.

Thats my only dissappointment from todays experience.

Other than that...

**** DALLAS!!!!! since i didn't get to scream it today :)

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Eff em. Your ticket cost the same as theirs. If they aren't gonna stand up and get loud then just eff em.

I'd have told them to stand up and get loud or shut the hell up and go home cuz you have a waiting list of fans who would love their seat and be louder than their pansy asses.

If that didn't work I'd just carry on and ignore them, continuing to make noise.

Be louder, thats the only way to get them to decide to watch the game at home and give up their season tickets to real fans.

If your just going to sit there and witness the game then its better to do from a couch. The more noise and more obnoxious you are, the less likely the passive fans are to return. So it can only help out the team next year. Fans like those are why teams like the Arizona Cardinals never have home field advantage.

Be louder, thats the only way to get them to decide to watch the game at home and give up their season tickets to real fans.

If your just going to sit there and witness the game then its better to do from a couch. The more noise and more obnoxious you are, the less likely the passive fans are to return. So it can only help out the team next year. Fans like those are why teams like the Arizona Cardinals never have home field advantage.

Great Post, and I agree 100%. If the fans who think the "boorish" obnoxious" behavior is too much for them, then STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't need you. Give your tickets to a real fan, who will stand up and scream, when appropriate. I'm not advocating cussing in front of kids, or pouring beer on anyone, but there is nothing wrong with being emotional, and involved in the game. If you came to just sit on your arse, and quietly observe the game, stay home, and watch it on T.V. There are 20,000 obnoxious, crazy, Redskin fans on the wait list for tickets that would love to have your seat (but not to sit in it) :cheers:

if you cant stand the heat, get out the kitchen...

i can see not cussing for the sake of those little kids...but if some hoity toity fan is gonna tell you to sit down so they dont have to get up, id tell them to kindly stick their seat where the sun dont shine...

like someone else said...you paid to be there as well...and its your seat and your ticket...as long as you dont do anything illegal, who cares about their feelings about how "loud" you are being...its a FOOTBALL GAME for crying out loud

If the team keeps playing like they did today those fans will either be gone or will start cheering too.

Its one thing to sit on your hands for a losing team but you have to go nuts when you know Gibbs is on the sideline and the team can win games like they just did with fan support, and they all said the fans were a huge part of the game.

I saw that crap yesterday on section 442. This guy who was trying to the get the section motivated kept getting up and was turning around to get everyone on their feet. All of the sudden this older dude yells to him, "hey curly, sit down you don't need to get up on every play". Well guess what we all got up on every play after that. I just don't get it either.

Unfortunately,

The DC area has attracted millions of people from other parts of the country that now call our sovereign Skins territory home. Not like it was in the 60's, 70's and 80's when the Md. and Va. subburbs were bedroom communities of mostly multi-generational families. The worst thing, imo, is that these 'wanabe' fans aren't really fans just jerk-offs with money trying to look important by being at a high profile event so they can brag about it to thier other transplant yuppie scum loser ASSociates. Run these Basturds off!

The standing up thing has always pissed me off. Im 6'4 and when I stand for even a minute ppl start complaining. I try to only stand when the rest of the section is cuz i know that im blocking the view of others. But there are so many times throughout the game when I will just rise up to catch of glimpse of a developing play unconsciously. Ppl need to just stand up as well (its not that hard!!!) or shut up.

We are at a football game not a effing opera!!!!!!!!!!

its not baseball, what do you expect.

i would like to know who the a-hole ticket holders are that sell thier tickets to dallas fans. in green bay if there are opposing fans sitting in the lower level your season tickets could be in jeopardy. Danny would never do that but it would be interesting to find out how many lower level ticket holders actually use thier seats.

Those people are NOT fans. They are both "prententious" and bored people who want to be able to tell their office mates and friends that they went to a Skins game on the weekend, so they can act like they have an exciting life. It is low level entertainment for these people...not an obsession or passion like it is for us.

JUST KEEP SCREAMING/....they can Leave and go up to the lounge.

I would have done exactly what you did....told him that I have every right to be there as he did and if his rish a** doesn't want to cheer for our team during a meaningful game in December(that we haven't experienced in a long time), then he can stay home. Like someone stated above, It is a football game!!! This isn't tennis.

S.S.,

Those are what we call the Wine and Cheese crowd and hopefully the true fans doing what you and I normally do at games of this magnitude will persuade them to not renew and true hardocre fans will get those tickets.

My cowpoke neighbor had lower bowl tickets which still burns me up that he could get them on EBAY.

you are touching on a good subject. i never been 2 a skins game but at Wizards games i always get stuck by a upptiy rich person. and im acting all crazy and they looking at me like..."let me hide my purse." we need 2 have seat seperation. all crazy loud screaming fans sit with eachother. all others sit together.

Archived