Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs looked pissed off during the locker room interview

EliMustDie28

Bowen hasn't been the same since his injuries last year. His career as a starter might be over. Personally I think Clark has been playing his ass off. He definently got punked by LT at the end there, but theres no shame in that...Man that looked bad though ;) He's cheap and is great in run support. His coverage skills are starting to come around.

Sorry to get off topic. If I was Springs I'd be pissed too. He gift wrapped that game for the offense. Although, after last year I bet he's used to it.

I don't know if anyone caught Randy Thomas' quick interview with Kelly Johnson right after the game....he was seriously holding back. He said he was "biting his lip" at least 3 times, trying not to get on the playcalling. You could tell he was frustrated. Especially when Kelly mentioned the holding on Rabach.

I don't blame anyone on the D for being upset. That is two weeks in a row they've done everything except score - whoops - they did that too!!! The past two games (and how many others this year) were our for the taking - just needed a few first downs.

:violin:

Save it. Instead of talking maybe these guys should actually STEP UP on the field.

How bout not committing all those illegal contact penalties that basically gift wrapped a score for the Chargers??

Or maybe stay disciplined as to not blow your assignments and continually give up the big run or long pass to lose the game?

Or maybe channel your so-called anger and maybe apply it to actually get pressure on the opposing QB??

Pissed? That's putting it mildly in my household. I was (and still am) about 3 levels beyond pissed. Until this team grows some balls and plays angry every game, the beatings will continue. I am really disgusted at them right now. They play angry and win one and then come out the next week acting like King Kong and get their butts handed to them. They better grow up and fight every week...16 games in the regular season and the rest in postseason. But, then again I might as well type in Egyptian when I use the word "postseason". In order to get to those you have to actually play for a whole season and not just a game here and there. Postseason around Redskins camp has become nothing more than getting in line early at Ruth Chris steakhouse or a hot spot on VH-1 jams or some friggin' thing like that. Tears? If they left everything on the field they wouldn't need tears. It's a sad sad day when the fans in the stands want to strap a helmet on and get out there. What ever happened to the days when Joe Jacoby confessed that he put thumbtacks under his mitts and pounded a d-lineman until his face look like it had gone through a wheat thresher all because the d-lineman once put a cheap shot on his running back. Those guys had fire and passion. You didn't **** around with them. If you did you paid dearly. I'm getting angry and nostalgic I better get away. I'm glad I'm not the coach of this team. They would hate my guts by Wednesday afternoon, and on Thursday they would curse the very day they were born. The excuses stop and the winning starts or else the beatings unmercifully continue.....and they should.

:violin:

Save it. Instead of talking maybe these guys should actually STEP UP on the field.

How bout not committing all those illegal contact penalties that basically gift wrapped a score for the Chargers??

Or maybe stay disciplined as to not blow your assignments and continually give up the big run or long pass to lose the game?

Or maybe channel your so-called anger and maybe apply it to actually get pressure on the opposing QB??

yep.... there's blame enough for all "sides" of the team,

D- gave up a 3rd and 12 and a 3rd and 14 at the tail of the 3rd quarter for the field goal.(Carlos makes "close" play on 3rd down)

O- blew it with Royal's drop on the next possession.

Teams were flagged on the punt and lucked out on re-kick with Blue's penalty

D- gives up close to 30yds on two run plays then makes it up with an INT by Carlos.

O- runs it to 3rd and 2, shows "shotgun" throws it away.(what was that??)

"Massive" punt to Blue's 45

D- holds...... punt to Red 15

O- moves the chains a couple of times with run and timely passing, blows it with "lateral" losing 11 yds of position.

D- proceeds to commit three consecutive penalties prior to LT's TD run.

O- run, pass, third and long Brunell gets clobbered trying to run OB

D- allows chains to move once, Blue gets pass for 1st down but penalty brings it back.... setting up the final INT.

O- runs for six, then "the hold", stuffed, kick fails.

Take your pick, but, in my mind, the momentum swing started during that third quarter field goal drive by Blue.

Defense did perhaps do enough to win, but three penalties on the tying drive?

Offense did not execute, maybe shoulda taken a couple of "shots" early-on in the fourth if for nothing else but to improve field position and stretch the Blue defense....

yea they were def. pissed, and when they thanked s.springs, he just walked away mad as anything.

Yeah, I saw that also! I'm glad he was pissed, that showed that he's tired of losing and he's starting to take it personal. The O-Line should start taking it personal like that and start opening more holes for CP to run through.

They always talk about beign physical and wanting to run all day but they act like they can't block the man in front of them. It's getting to the point where it's like.......you mean to tell me this guy can beat you almost every play??? C'mon dog, MAN UP!! Earn those checks man...

I don't know if anyone caught Randy Thomas' quick interview with Kelly Johnson right after the game....he was seriously holding back. He said he was "biting his lip" at least 3 times, trying not to get on the playcalling. You could tell he was frustrated. Especially when Kelly mentioned the holding on Rabach.
I saw that also. He definately had a problem with how the game was being called, but with good self restraint...kept it to himself.

BTW, I also prefer Clark over Bowen. Clark hits harder and is much faster. However, Clark is suspect when it comes to pure cover skills though.

I feel bad for the Rams, they are going to get OWNED.

We said that about the Raiders and San Diego. I just find it ironic that we won the turnover battle, and the defense came thru big for us in the final minutes of regulation time and time again. They were just flat out tired on that OT drive.

I hope everybody knows Sean Taylor missed an assignment for blocking or got his ass juked by Ladainian Tomlinson when L.T ran for the game tying touchdown run...

ST let himself get sucked into the middle again, looking for the big hit, then looks like an idiot when the RB bounces to the outside. ST has been overcommitting early all season and then getting burned on long runs to the outside. Someone should explain the meaning of the term "safety" to him. If he wants to try out for LB, then let him.

ST let himself get sucked into the middle again, looking for the big hit, then looks like an idiot when the RB bounces to the outside. ST has been overcommitting early all season and then getting burned on long runs to the outside. Someone should explain the meaning of the term "safety" to him. If he wants to try out for LB, then let him.

That's the exact same thing I was saying over 4 weeks ago.

So its 3 weeks in a row now that the players are pissed.

I wish it would have an effect on next weeks game but that hasn't worked out so far so why would anything change now?

They are 2 of 8 since starting 3-0 and have lost 5 games that they should have won.

I'm pissed too and I don't get paid for this BS either. Too bad the Redskins starters don't all have incentive based contracts where they only really get paid if the team wins the SB. Then they would really be pissed this week.

...especially when it was Ryan Clark who got mowed like grass for the run. Wouldn't have happened if Bowen was in there, Bowen tackles. Anyone else out there prefer Bowen over Clark?

Bowen takes terrible angles. His angles are even worse than Taylor's, and he doesn't have the speed or athleticism to make up for it that Taylor has. Clark is better than Bowens, althoug Clark isn't exactly what you want in a SS. I would hope that we would draft a quality safety this offseason. Clark is good, but as a reserve.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Clark fan. Anytime you've got the underdog in a starting position, I route for them (seems to be most positions on the Skins these days :doh: ). I love Clark, and he has made some huge plays this season.

But that stiff arm by Tomlinson is why Giants coaches told Clark he was too small to play in the NFL. LT2 basically *****-slapped him on his way to the endzone. OWNED.

Bowen takes terrible angles. His angles are even worse than Taylor's, and he doesn't have the speed or athleticism to make up for it that Taylor has. Clark is better than Bowens, althoug Clark isn't exactly what you want in a SS. I would hope that we would draft a quality safety this offseason. Clark is good, but as a reserve.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Clark fan. Anytime you've got the underdog in a starting position, I route for them (seems to be most positions on the Skins these days :doh: ). I love Clark, and he has made some huge plays this season.

But that stiff arm by Tomlinson is why Giants coaches told Clark he was too small to play in the NFL. LT2 basically *****-slapped him on his way to the endzone. OWNED.

We need D line. We have 2 servicable SS's. I wouldn't call that a priority this offseason

...especially when it was Ryan Clark who got mowed like grass for the run. Wouldn't have happened if Bowen was in there, Bowen tackles. Anyone else out there prefer Bowen over Clark?

Ricky Williams in the Miami "Orange jersey" game? Troy Hambrick at home against Dallas? Are we talking about the same Matt Bowen?

Archived