Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs looked pissed off during the locker room interview

EliMustDie28

That's the exact same thing I was saying over 4 weeks ago.

Sean Taylor is the best player on the team. These aren't my words, they are those of his coaching staff. Let's not even go down this road. Those of you who never played continue to show your ignorance by trying to single a guy out. Our defense played a helluva game, and we all know Sean Taylor is a major reason why. Go back and watch the game. You'll see LT running out of bounds on 2 occassions because he knew Sean was coming.

The defense was obviously winded in the 4th quarter, but I do not blame our offensive players for that. I absolutely love Joe Gibbs.... as does nearly every other true Redskin fan. It was NOT the players.... it was the conservative play calling that cost us the game. We'd get 2-3 yards on each rush and keep running the ball. San Diego was stacking the box.... our wideouts were being covered by one man that had no safety help the the entire second half. Yet we kept running the ball. It's like we were happy melting two minutes off the clock and then punting. It put way too much pressure on our D and yet they still came up big. When you've got a team down, you've got to knock them out. Brunell looked awesome and the O-line was giving him plenty of time. Granted, there were some horrible dropped passes, but guys were getting open, Brunell had time, and he was making great throws. I don't know why we tightened up so much on our play calling, but that's what cost us the game. We can look at a play here or there or a holding penalty or whatever, but the conservative play calling was occuring nearly every play the 2nd half and that's the bigger picture that must be addressed.

you know what it is guys... we had been getting on the defense for not doing this and not doing that. no turnovers blah blah blah, well, look what happens when we turn the ball over in our favor at critical times. our defense has taken a lot of heat lately and when they finally step up look what happens. i feel bad for springs, he played a hell of a game, as did rogers and taylor. that last tackle by clark was not easy, this is LT were talking about, not some average joe running back.

this loss is due to conservative play calling at critical times. no one penalty (rabach) should cost us the game, yeah it happened at a bad time, but fellas we had no business letting hall attempt that kick.punt the ball and make them use the entire field. Gibbs needs to think about something, if he is going to try and hold a 7 point lead for an entire half, hed better eat up some clock, something that did not happen on sunday.

i have more confidence in our D holding for 80 yards than john hall from 50+

...especially when it was Ryan Clark who got mowed like grass for the run. Wouldn't have happened if Bowen was in there, Bowen tackles. Anyone else out there prefer Bowen over Clark?

Please, I have seen Bowen miss plenty of tackles! Give Clark a break, LT is the best in the business.

Did you read my e-mail Chris? It was about 4 before yours..... If not, that was very insightful!! I obvously concur!

no i didnt see your post before making mine, but i just read it and i agree, im just baffled at the inability to win tight games.

in all honesty i think gibbs is too conservative, hes not a bad coach, he just has to keep playing and drive a stake into the other team.

a 7 point lead is no good in the NFL, you need to bury a team every opportunity you have. especially a team like san diego with as many offensive threats they have.

Sean Taylor is the best player on the team. These aren't my words, they are those of his coaching staff. Let's not even go down this road. Those of you who never played continue to show your ignorance by trying to single a guy out. Our defense played a helluva game, and we all know Sean Taylor is a major reason why. Go back and watch the game. You'll see LT running out of bounds on 2 occassions because he knew Sean was coming.

Sean Taylor may be the best athelete on the team, and one day may be the best player, but he is not the best player today. Go back and watch all of the big plays against us this year. Although it is impossible to know what an individual player's assignment is on a given play, there is a consistent pattern of ST reacting slowly to open receivers and aggresively charging the line of scrimage on running plays, only to see the RB bounce outside with ST scrambling to recover.

No one is trying to blame one person, just pointing out that there are some myths about some players. Jon Jansen never touched his man in the Raider game in that 4th Qtr. play that got Brunell drilled in the back forcing the critical fumble. Jansen also missed the Bear in game one who knocked Ramsey from the game. Walt Harris couldn't cover my deceased mother. On the game tying TD pass to Porter vs the Raiders, we had 7 men in coverage and they only sent two guys out. Both were open! The safeties just let Porter run right by them with Marshall in slow pursuit. :doh: Sunday wasn't the first time that Robert Royal dropped a pass this year but why go back to him on a critical 3rd down in the 4th Qtr? Mike Sellars' selfish personal foul against the Raiders cost us important yardage that helped the Raiders get the winning score. Not the first time for him either. Brunell likes to run around wildly flailing the ball in one hand and leads the NFL in fumbles.

No, there are many players on this team who haven't been measuring up.

Gibbs is not a risk taker,.....that needs to change, we need to pass while protecting the lead and gamble some to push the score up....I do not like this playing not to lose and the players obviously agree....if you read in between the lines with some of the comments from the players, they are frustrated with it as well

Don't lecture/tag me as ignorant like I never played the game. I played for years in high school as a starting linebacker. I know when a guy takes a bad angle.

Think before you stick your foot in your mouth. Something you obvoiusly forgot to do.

On the game tying TD pass to Porter vs the Raiders, we had 7 men in coverage and they only sent two guys out. Both were open! The safeties just let Porter run right by them with Marshall in slow pursuit. :doh:

I agree with the general point of your post, but it should be noted that the Redskins were playing a defensive coverage called Tampa 2 where the 2 safeties are responsible for the outside and the Middle Linebacker (Marshall) is responsible for the deep middle of the field. That's why you saw Marshall in hot persuit. Basically Lemar was left out there on an island to defend the entire Fort. Norv saw this, adjusted, and sent Porter on a deep wheel route up the middle knowing full well that Marshall didn't have the speed to keep up with Porter.

Archived