Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

hailredskins.com takes a teensy jab at us (Doc Walker association) -- MERGED

manichispanic

Unlike some sites, we receive no support or income from football teams -- we guard our independence carefully and jealously

Do you guys know how many times that site has merged with other sites before they came to be HailRedskins.com?

Independence my @ss. They've done whatever is convenient for them... just like everybody else.

The followed us with VBulletin. They followed us with Bang Cartoons. They followed us with Doc Walker chats.

ExtremeSkins is the prototype Redskins website. Anyone that denies it is, well... in denial.

And for those of you that thought the "merger" was a bad thing... keep this in mind.

In a choice between having Dan Snyder paying your bills AND getting supreme coverage.... OR offsetting costs by hitting up our membership for subscriptions.....

Which did we choose?

So you tell me who ultimately had your best interests at heart and those who have begun whoring themselves?

In our discussions with the Redskins... we protected and fought for the interests of the community and its members from Day 1... right down to the last detail of the contract and minute of negotiations.

We negotiated a lot of things.... but we didn't compromise on the protection of privacy of our membership as well as not implementing any pay services.

Heck, we didn't do it for Doc Walker either.

Anyone know of any site that would sell subscriptions to secure a personality? :rolleyes:

Again, for all the flack we took from other fan sites.... I think it's becoming more and more apparent who has egg on their face now.

Not to mention... another site - which recently affiliated itself with Fox sports - apparently thought ExtremeSkins.com would be a propaganda machine.

And has anyone read any content about the Washington Redskins on Fox recently?

Me personally, I'd have a REAL problem associating myself with a company that is just as much a propaganda machine... but on the completely opposite side of the spectrum. They affiliated themselves with Redskins bashing media.

Nice. Real nice.

In defense of Doc, i THINK that he does, but if you can get paid for doing the same thing - believe me you would do it. Imagine doing something you love and getting paid for it. But at the end of the day he has a family to feed just like we do. Therefore, i can't hate, i can just wish him the best.

Yeah, I like Doc and know what you mean. No hate here. I just didn't realize he was getting paid for the chats.

Do you guys know how many times that site has merged with other sites before they came to be HailRedskins.com?

Independence my @ss. They've done whatever is convenient for them... just like everybody else.

The followed us with VBulletin. They followed us with Bang Cartoons. They followed us with Doc Walker chats.

ExtremeSkins is the prototype Redskins website. Anyone that denies it is, well... in denial.

And for those of you that thought the "merger" was a bad thing... keep this in mind.

In a choice between having Dan Snyder paying your bills AND getting supreme coverage.... OR offsetting costs by hitting up our membership for subscriptions.....

Which did we choose?

So you tell me who ultimately had your best interests at heart and those who have begun whoring themselves?

ES is the best sports site on the web period, and it's still free with no ads or pop ups. Keep up the good work!

Well said DH, but do any of you honestly think this an issue? The biggest problem at ES is been it's overwhelming popularity, the membership has exploded since the merger. People have voted with their time and attendance here, I think that should say it all no matter who feels it worth their time to take a shot. Let the baby have his bottle........

When Om was nice enough to give me a few days off from our site here (after I exercised a bit too much passion on some a**clown :censored: ) I tried the "other guys."

Let me tell you, for my money (which is none) there is simply no better 'Skins fan board around, and I don't care whom you name.

Be it content, entertainment, look & feel, or overall experience - this is the best of them all.

So, while I wish Doc well, and bear no grudge, I will not be tracking him down at their site. Besides, I can hear him with JT two hours per day, and they almost always talk football...

Great for Doc and for those who want to subscribe to premium content.

I don't get the attacks by other sites.......the idea is to provide as much info. about the Redskins, their players, the coaches etc. etc.

ES serves a great service being directly linked to the source yet much more objective than Redskins.com.

Warpath, thehogs, HR and the other sites also are excellent sources if only for stuff like Doc or other things that may have left ES post-merger.

The Hogs.net BTW have great cartoons for each weekly game.

So, all these boards are great to finds Skins info., it just seems that HR unfortunately wants to be "the only" board apparently and likes to rub other boards faces in it.

Well, to rub back fellas-- you got Doc, we get weekly free interviews with Redskin current players AND WE GET TO ASK THE QUESTIONS.......have a nice day.

When Om was nice enough to give me a few days off from our site here (after I exercised a bit too much passion on some a**clown :censored: ) I tried the "other guys."

Let me tell you, for my money (which is none) there is simply no better 'Skins fan board around, and I don't care whom you name.

Be it content, entertainment, look & feel, or overall experience - this is the best of them all.

So, while I wish Doc well, and bear no grudge, I will not be tracking him down at their site. Besides, I can hear him with JT two hours per day, and they almost always talk football...

I wish I had witnessed that exchange JJ :D . I'll have to search for it. BTW, congrats on doing a great job on the breaking news front.

I agree with everything you say here, and I'll add something I used to tell staff when I managed high-end audio specialty stores: There's no reason to belittle the competition to make us look better. We already look better. If you need to belittle to make your case, you need to work for the competition.

This site owns the field. :logo:

I wish I had witnessed that exchange JJ :D . I'll have to search for it. BTW, congrats on doing a great job on the breaking news front.

I agree with everything you say here, and I'll add something I used to tell staff when I managed high-end audio specialty stores: There's no reason to belittle the competition to make us look better. We already look better. If you need to belittle to make your case, you need to work for the competition.

This site owns the field. :logo:

Oh I'm sure I had it coming :doh: and thank you.

Doc is a high quality guy and very fun chat. As most here have said, his chats will always be of great interest.

Doc is a straight shooter and never mislead us here at ES as to his ultimate goal to build a relationship here that allowed money to be made on the membership. We were unwilling to do the very thing HR is willing to do, which is to charge for content of any sort. We built our reputation on keeping this site free of pop ups and by providing all the content we could for free.

Including Doc's very fun stuff.

We'd hoped to maintain that relationship after we merged with the team, but it quickly became apparent we would not be able to satisfy his hopes in this. I'm glad he has the outlet with HR.com to build this and I hope it works out well for all parties. He's a great guy. He's a far better guy than those he's now working with :).

Of course, that's probably why they so independently found a way to bilk their membership for money for content while we provide more content, give direct access through your questions and made it our goal to make this site something YOU would never have to help pay for through your kindness again.

Dave,

The problem here isn't that anyone is concerned with HR when they say they aren't. It's that people are somewhat amazed by the tone of statements like HR.com is a place you go to avoid happy talk about your favorite team. If you're a fan of the team, you're really not going to run to a place that openly announces you're not welcome if you like the team enough to openly be happy with it.

The marketing approach is a loser and where Doc doesn't fit with HR is he actually wants the team to do well and is perfectly happy being happy, rather than miserable that others are. If you guys really think you are scoring members by billing yourselves as the Redskin site for those who hate the Redskins, well, I can't say you'll lose many members as you don't have many, but, I can say you won't gain a ton :).

Even with a strong component like Doc around. You guys are too great an anchor even for him :).

But, let me help you guys out.

Members who dislike the team and are miserable when it is doing acceptably well and you have reason to be proud, please hear me now. There's a fine web site out there called www.hailredskins.com where you can join up and be with your fellow morose, hysterical, moronic brothers. LIVE there happily. Allow ES to be the board where happy talk about the team we love is the norm, rather than the exception.

Remember, if you're one of those people who doesn't fit in here, you probably will fit in there. Enjoy.

Members who dislike the team and are miserable when it is doing acceptably well and you have reason to be proud, please hear me now. There's a fine web site out there called www.hailredskins.com where you can join up and be with your fellow morose, hysterical, moronic brothers. LIVE there happily. Allow ES to be the board where happy talk about the team we love is the norm, rather than the exception.

Remember, if you're one of those people who doesn't fit in here, you probably will fit in there. Enjoy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even with a strong component like Doc around. You guys are too great an anchor even for him :).

OMG Art! You owe me a new keyboard!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: ....someone needs to add a new icon...a smilie spittin' out his coffee!!!

Doc is a high quality guy and very fun chat. As most here have said, his chats will always be of great interest.

Doc is a straight shooter and never mislead us here at ES as to his ultimate goal to build a relationship here that allowed money to be made on the membership. We were unwilling to do the very thing HR is willing to do, which is to charge for content of any sort. We built our reputation on keeping this site free of pop ups and by providing all the content we could for free.

Including Doc's very fun stuff.

We'd hoped to maintain that relationship after we merged with the team, but it quickly became apparent we would not be able to satisfy his hopes in this. I'm glad he has the outlet with HR.com to build this and I hope it works out well for all parties. He's a great guy. He's a far better guy than those he's now working with :).

Of course, that's probably why they so independently found a way to bilk their membership for money for content while we provide more content, give direct access through your questions and made it our goal to make this site something YOU would never have to help pay for through your kindness again.

Dave,

The problem here isn't that anyone is concerned with HR when they say they aren't. It's that people are somewhat amazed by the tone of statements like HR.com is a place you go to avoid happy talk about your favorite team. If you're a fan of the team, you're really not going to run to a place that openly announces you're not welcome if you like the team enough to openly be happy with it.

The marketing approach is a loser and where Doc doesn't fit with HR is he actually wants the team to do well and is perfectly happy being happy, rather than miserable that others are. If you guys really think you are scoring members by billing yourselves as the Redskin site for those who hate the Redskins, well, I can't say you'll lose many members as you don't have many, but, I can say you won't gain a ton :).

if there where middle-finger smilies i think that would apply perfectly to HR-right in their faces. It makes you think are there really grown men running that site or is it 12 year old little girls, just starting puberty.

if there where middle-finger smilies i think that would apply perfectly to HR-right in their faces. It makes you think are there really grown men running that site or is it 12 year old little girls, just starting puberty.

:finger:

Next request? :)

Dave,

Hmmm, an idea would be to banish certain...errr undesirables to this hailredskins dungeon? Any way to redirect them anytime they try to post? Sort of like the dark corner of the happy Skins underworld. What about trolls from other teams? You know...the ones that show up in the week before game time, or in the aftermath of an emotional loss, just to rub salt in our wounds. Imagine how shocked they would be to have these morose Skins fans actually AGREE with them. :laugh:

ES rules! Seems to me Doc Walker, a great guy, is despondent about something when it comes to the Redskins Organization. I mean, everytime I see him on Comcast, he just doesn't seem to be all in for the Redskins to show case and present them in a glowing light. There just seems to be something else, but I still listen and I listen close.

Cartwright has a huge day and J. Taylor breaksout! Skins 35 Raiders 10.

People, what is with all the animosity..? Who cares... Some of the stuff I am reading on this is hilarious. It reminds me of high school.

I will admit it has sparked my curiosity to check out their site. And yes, I have noticed that they can be a bit hard on the team as some of you have stated. But at the same time some people on this site are some serious hard core “HOMERS”. I have noticed if anyone disagrees with the coaching or players in any way shape or form on this site that they are attacked. The “Attackers” will tell them that they don’t know what they are talking about and how could any Redskin fan question the coaching or players. Remember we are “Fans” not “Tools”. It is our right as fans to have opinions. Even if those opinions might be a bit harsh towards the team. We are fans.

No need to under-rate the maturity level of most 12 year old girls with that comparison. :D

Archived