Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

hailredskins.com takes a teensy jab at us (Doc Walker association) -- MERGED

manichispanic

I dunno if this belongs here but i'll post anyways, they def took a bit of a jab at us

this is just the 1st part of the email, the rest is just details

The Administrators of hailRedskins.com are always striving to improve the website and bring a better product to our membership. Unlike some sites, we receive no support or income from football teams -- we guard our independence carefully and jealously. We always want this to be a site where all of us can write exactly what we think about the Redskins, football, life.

To that end, we have negotiated an agreement with former Redskins great and current star broadcaster, Rick 'Doc' Walker.

He has over a thousand posts, that means we should listen to him. :rolleyes:

I get it! :D

I think HR is an o.k. web-site....that being said....many posters over there seem to take little jabs at the ES board/family....I don't get it....we're all fans and it's all good....I like it much better over here.....

Doc's pursuing his particular internet interests elsewhere, interests that we were unable to offer him here post-merger, that's all. Hopefully, he'll find what he's looking for at his new home, and Redskins fans from all over will still be able to enjoy his takes, as they did when he was here.

Apparent competitive jealousies aside, this is a good thing all around for folks interested in reading up on Doc's take.

I wish him and HR.com well with this. Doc has always been interested in finding a way to make a little money off the community he speaks with, and we were unable to come to an agreement like that with him. I think these will be fun chats to read over at HR.

As for HR, I'm not really sure I get their marketing campaign of being a team fan site that is independent of the team. What the heck is the point :). I mean, jumping up and down saying, "The team doesn't like us and we're glad," seems a bad idea :).

As for HR, I'm not really sure I get their marketing campaign of being a team fan site that is independent of the team. What the heck is the point :). I mean, jumping up and down saying, "The team doesn't like us and we're glad," seems a bad idea :).

maybe they will partner up with the Post. Where we do Redskin game flashbacks, they could do Nunyo Files flashbacks

Unlike some sites, we receive no support or income from football teams
Which sites (plural) are they claiming get income from teams? I mean, if they're refering to ES as one of them, then where's my damn check?

Didn't they accept donations, same as we did pre-merger, but now it reads like they're going to charge for the content? Is that right?

"Doc" Walker was the color guy for the Maryland vs. N.Carolina game last week and he was absolutely awful. I'm just glad he isn't doing the Skins games.

I wish him luck.

I wouldn't say he's awful. To him, every player on the field is a superstar and a playmaker, especially the TEs. That I get kind of sick of, but everything else I don't have a problem with. I like a lot of his terminology, like when a QB leads a WR into a monster hit, he calls them "redshirt hits", because they cause the WR to have to use a medical redshirt year!

I still love Doc, he's the man. Honestly, i really miss him over here, but hey he has to do what he has to do. At least he's not going to a Cowboy's site (God forbid). But i do find it interesting that there is a battle between two sites which support the same team. If anything they should be happy, but thats human nature for you. :doh:

I still love Doc, he's the man. Honestly, i really miss him over here, but hey he has to do what he has to do. At least he's not going to a Cowboy's site (God forbid). But i do find it interesting that there is a battle between two sites which support the same team. If anything they should be happy, but thats human nature for you. :doh:

Trust me, authentic. There' no "battle" from where we sit. :)

And here I thought Doc did the interviews b/c he loved the Skins...

In defense of Doc, i THINK that he does, but if you can get paid for doing the same thing - believe me you would do it. Imagine doing something you love and getting paid for it. But at the end of the day he has a family to feed just like we do. Therefore, i can't hate, i can just wish him the best.

email I received:

The Administrators of hailRedskins.com are always striving to improve the website and bring a better product to our membership. Unlike some sites, we receive no support or income from football teams -- we guard our independence carefully and jealously. We always want this to be a site where all of us can write exactly what we think about the Redskins, football, life.

To that end, we have negotiated an agreement with former Redskins great and current star broadcaster, Rick 'Doc' Walker. Those of us carrying a few years around will remember Doc as one of the most colorful members of the Redskins during their glory days of the 1980s. Doc played six seasons for the burgundy and gold before retiring after the 1985 season. In all, he played nine seasons in the NFL, the first three in Cincinnati. Doc developed the concept of The Fun Bunch and was an original member of 'the Hogs,' the legendary Redskins offensive linemen of the 1980s. Doc played his college ball at UCLA for Head Coach Dick Vermeil. Doc won a Rose Bowl championship with UCLA in 1977. That year he was also honored as an Associated Press All American and received Lineman of the Year honors.

Doc's career after leaving the NFL has been just as busy and successful. He works as color analyst for the ACC College Football Game of the Week and delivers color commentary for the NFL on CBS-Westwood One Radio. Locally, Doc is the co-host of The John Thompson Show, which airs from 3-5 PM weekdays on WTEM, 980 on your AM dial. Doc is also the host of his own show, Doc Walker's Proview on Comcast SportsNet. He is also deeply involved in charitable work, especially in developing cures for muscular dystrophy, alzheimer's, and cystic fibrosis.

Those of you familiar with Doc's voluminous body of broadcasting work will know he's nothing but a straight-shooter. I've been listening to Doc on the radio since the early days of WTEM and know he always "brings it strong to the mic," as he has been known to say. Doc ain't the guy for you if you want your Redskins news sugar-coated and filled with happy talk. He'll tell you exactly what is going on with our favorite team, the good and the bad. Doc fits us so well at hailRedskins.com because we're not interested in giving you a bunch of empty press releases about the team. We want to give you the real story and that's what Doc is interested in doing. No ex-Redskin has Doc's reputation for knowledge about the inner workings of the team, combined with objective analysis and willingness to tell it like it is, no matter what anyone thinks.

So, right now, you're wondering: What is Doc going to do for hailRedskins.com? Well, Doc has agreed to provide audio commentary and Q&A sessions to all hailRedskins.com members, free of charge. Anyone who is a member of hR can take advantage of that.

In addition, hailRedskins.com will be offering a lot more from Doc on a subscription basis. For example, Doc will provide to us interviews you can't get anywhere else. HailRedskins.com subscription members will read what no one else on the Internet can read. But that's just the beginning. Doc will also provide subscription members with inside information about the team and winning strategies for Redskins games. What's more, Doc will hold live chats with hailRedskins.com subscription members, so you can ask your own questions of perhaps the most knowledgable Redskins analyst there is. Talk about unfiltered -- you can go straight to the source of the knowledge!

And we're still not done! Doc is going to be available to us to discuss all the latest moves and hottest topics for our Redskins. If the Redskins make a a big trade, sign a big-time free agent, or make any other important move, Doc will be with us for instant and informed analysis. You won't have to sit around waiting for ESPN or someone else to take notice of the big news, you can get it fast and first from Doc Walker at hailRedskins.com. In addition, a hailRedskins.com subscription membership also buys you discounts with companies/vendors who are partners with Doc Walker. And that's not all.

The subscription details have not been completely worked out yet, so we'll have more information on that soon. We're confident our loyal members will find the subscription to be very affordable and very necessary. Remember, hailRedskins.com is an independent fan website. We don't work for a team or a television network, we work for you. If you want the official story from the official source, you know where to go for that. But if you want the real story -- the inside story -- you can't do better than hailRedskins.com. We're absolutely thrilled to bring you news of this latest improvement to our website. Rick 'Doc' Walker is a unique talent. No one else combines his insider knowledge of football and the Redskins with an independent willingness to tell the good, the bad, and the ugly. As you see from our logo on the front page, we're the independent fan website, by the fans and for the fans. Now, with Doc Walker as our partner, we're even better.

We hope you are as happy about this new partnership as we are and we hope you take full advantage of everything hailRedskins.com will be offering you.

Hail to the Redskins and hailRedskins.com!

Sincerely and enthusiastically,

The Administrators

Mark Buterbaugh [PennSkinsFan]

Mike Dorsey [hail2skins]

Mike Perdue [CarMike]

Kenny Scott [rskinsfan10]

Thomas Threlkeld [spence]

I agree it does seem like a shot at ES. I never go to that website. Before I even knew about ES about 2 years ago, I did a google search for "Redskins fan sites" and came across Hailskins, warpath, ES, and another one or two and went to all of them for a while to see which one I preferred. ES won hands down and I joined because it filled all of my redskins needs and haven't gone back to any of those sites since. This isn't the first time since the merger that I have seen a post about a jab that one of the sites has taken at ES. I think it's just out of jealousy and I'm sure if they would have been approached by the Redskins organization that they would have done the same thing.

Archived