Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Patten Out Sunday/Opportunity for T. Jacobs (Merged x3)

FightForOldDC21

from what Gibbs said in the article he IS using this game as a chance to evaluate Taylor Jacobs front and center. And for Taylor it is a pretty good week to be starting, at home and with the Raiders without Charles Woodson.

But we're all missing one important fact....

Brunell's gotta throw the ball his way. And unless his name is Moss or Cooley, I don't see that many passes to TJ. But he DOES need to catch them if they are thrown to him.

FS

This could be what a lot of us have been waiting for. The emergence of Taylor Jacobs.

Gibbs, Portis, Springs, and Jansen have all been pumping this guy up for the past 2 years.

I think the time has come for him to really show what he is. Is he going to be the star WR they say he will be. Or will he be another Florida Gator WR bust.

Come on TJ show me what you got.

Don't forget Rogers...He said he is the best he has gone up against in college.

I've been very disappointed in Patten this season as well. I really thought that he would be a much bigger part of our passing offense, and really helping to move the chains, unfortantly; this just hasn't happened.

I do think that this is the prefect oppurtunity for Taylor Jacobs, and very well could be his last. He has shown a lot of promise (when he's not hurt), but needs to step up and really start to show up each and every Sunday.

I do think that this is the prefect oppurtunity for Taylor Jacobs, and very well could be his last. He has shown a lot of promise (when he's not hurt), but needs to step up and really start to show up each and every Sunday.

well that is kind of hard to do when you have only had like 5 balls thrown your way all season

Wow, it amazes me to see all of you Patten bashers who forget the four or five KEY, KEY penalties that he has drawn. And I'll tell you, you don't get a pass interference penalty or an illegal use of the hands penalty without doing something right.

Patten has had his share of drops, true. So have several other players on our team. There's no doubt about that. But to call Patten a waste, and to trash him thus, is a shallow reaction.

The game isn't just played in a fantasy football world.

Wow, it amazes me to see all of you Patten bashers who forget the four or five KEY, KEY penalties that he has drawn. And I'll tell you, you don't get a pass interference penalty or an illegal use of the hands penalty without doing something right.

You forgot about the offensive pass interference he drew in the Denver game that negated a touchdown. Also, his whole game now seems to be to draw PI. On every pass he doesn't get, he turns around to the ref.

Yes, Jacobs may not be the answer, but we really do need to find out if he is. He's been riding the pine for four years. It is time.

Jason

Patten has had his share of drops, true. So have several other players on our team. There's no doubt about that. But to call Patten a waste, and to trash him thus, is a shallow reaction.

The game isn't just played in a fantasy football world.

The fact of the matter is that PAtten is suppossed to be a RECIEVER. What this entails is catching the football. Patten has been plagued with drops at very inoportune moments.

As for the Penalties he has drawn, I am very glad for them because it is the only production we have gotten out of him so far. And furthermore(I can't believe I am going to say this) we should be thanking the refs for bailing Patten out on those plays because there is little to no chance Patten would have caught any of those balls.

It might be shallow but Patten is not that good.

Jacobs is a homegrown talent. I follow college ball fairly close and I remember him having a insane game in the Orange Bowl in 2001. 10 catches for 170 yards and 2tds. He finished his career at Florida with 2K yards and 16 tds, not too shabby. I think some of us just want to see ALL that talent be put to use for us.

Personally I feel Jacobs is a much better talent than Patten. Keep in mind Patten was undrafted and really became a utility player in the NFL.

Jacobs on the other hand was a star in college. Patten came from Div 1-AA:laugh:

You forgot about the offensive pass interference he drew in the Denver game that negated a touchdown. Also, his whole game now seems to be to draw PI. On every pass he doesn't get, he turns around to the ref.

Actually, I didn't forget that. What Patten did on that play is nothing different from what receivers do on many, many plays. It was a call that was made that often is not.

And Walrus, drawing penalties is indeed production. It produces first downs every time it happens. It produces yardage. It sustains drives. It allows the offense to continue to operate.

Don't get me wrong, I really, really want to see Patten get more involved and become more of an offensive weapon. It hasn't happened up to anyone's expectations so far. But to say he sucks, and to say he hasn't produced; both of those statements don't tell the whole truth.

Archived