Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Patten Out Sunday/Opportunity for T. Jacobs (Merged x3)

FightForOldDC21

Does that mean we finaly get to see what Taylor Jacobs can do? I heard a lot of good things about him but scratch my head cause they keep him on the bench.

I know. It seems like it takes forever for Gibbs to give a guy chance.

Some things are hard to understand, aren't they?

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=12617

"knee sore". i like the guy, i really do, wanted to see him do well, but the past few games he just hasn't produced the kind of plays he's been whining about not getting recently. maybe we'll see how taylor jacobs fairs against ol' Norv.

discuss.

(i like how the name of this photo is "pattencoolpic49ers)

PattenCoolPic49ers3.jpg

Last Year: Brunell sucks Boooonell He's washed up! He's got nothing left! What was Gibbs thinking? Has Gibbs lost it?

This Year: Patten stinks Wish he had a pair of hands! Demetric Evans would be better at WR! What does Gibbs see in him? Why does Gibbs know nothing about offense?

Who knows what next year will bring haha

I'm anxious to watch Taylor play, too. Somewhere I read that he does not have exceptional speed, but runs routes well and can break away from the defensive back in short order.

Incredible pressure on Taylor this week to perform, but if he can't do it while being scrutinized under a microscope.....! I do wish him well. Hail Redskins!

the way i see it, jacobs makes a good second wideout in contrast to moss, because they are both faster than hell but jacobs is relatively tall, and moss is certainly not. patten seems like he would make a better slot receiver, even though his quote from day one has been "i wanted to go somewhere to become a go to guy." he was tired of being just another receiver in the corp with branch and new england, but there might be a reason for that... :rolleyes: i mean, he could mirror brandon stokely in indy, a short, fast, squirmy guy who can get good mismatches in speed.

what's so wrong with that? Oh wait, we seldom do 3 wr sets. :laugh: i wish we'd do more.

I'm anxious to watch Taylor play, too. Somewhere I read that he does not have exceptional speed, but runs routes well and can break away from the defensive back in short order.

Incredible pressure on Taylor this week to perform, but if he can't do it while being scrutinized under a microscope.....! I do wish him well. Hail Redskins!

You read wrong. Jacobs has some wheels. Just hasn't had the chance to showcase them in the NFL yet. In the combines he ran a 4.42 forty.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/jacobs_taylor#agility

Hey, if Gibbs has the same kind of unwavering faith in Patten that he has in Brunell, there must be more to Patten that meets the eye

That unwavering faith helped tank our season last year. If he sees something great, but blind faith doesn't help the team. I hope Patten does become a beast for us, but don't let hope squash the #2 WR position.

Patten has not posted the numbers I thought he would. Then again I don't see Brunell throw the ball in his direction very often. Either that means the staff has a blind spot in its playcalling repertoire or that Patten is failing to get enough separation and Brunell is depending more on Moss, Cooley and Portis/Betts out of the backfield.

I think that's what it is. You have to think, how many INT's have you seen Brunell throw DOWN the field? He's very hesitant about throwing into tight spots past 10 or 15 yards.

i'm definitely going in to this week with the hope that taylor breaks out. i don't know why, but i have always been of the opinion that he could be a very productive #2. maybe it was his TD vs. the 'boys in his rookie season, i don't know. i just know that i've always been silently rooting for him to get his shot. come on jacobs. do it.

I just hope Taylor can fill Patten's shoes.

Taylor, all you need to do is:

1) whenever you get hit, throw the ball in the air so that the defensive player can easily intercept it.

2) When you do get a catch, make sure to go down on the first tackle, and make no attempt to juke him.

3) On pivotal 3rd downs against divisional opponents, drop perfect passes.

Do those 3 things, and you'll take over Patten's spot in no time!!! ;)

Archived