Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

voting

MissU28

I wasn't gonna vote today but i had a friend call with an assinine request. She said that she couldn't make it to the polls today and was going to ask me not to vote...her democrat vote would have cancelled out my republican vote, according to her. So I told her that I wasn't going to vote but after hearing that stupid request, I was going to go vote right away.

I left her an IM at work saying "Hey, that was the easiest vote ever! all i had to do was punch the candidates names who have an R next to them!"

What stupidity

Hmmm why am I not surprised she votes for the D's?

I wasn't gonna vote today but i had a friend call with an assinine request. She said that she couldn't make it to the polls today and was going to ask me not to vote...her democrat vote would have cancelled out my republican vote, according to her. So I told her that I wasn't going to vote but after hearing that stupid request, I was going to go vote right away.

I left her an IM at work saying "Hey, that was the easiest vote ever! all i had to do was punch the candidates names who have an R next to them!"

hahahaha. Good job, spiff.

What stupidity

Hmmm why am I not surprised she votes for the D's?

glad to see you think for yourself.

punching the candidates name just because of a "R" or "D" is the dumbest thing you could do.

Do you even know half the people you voted for?

Re-read it, knuckle draggers.

So, um, yeah. She made the request for me NOT to vote because she knew if I did, I'd vote Republican. I wasn't going to vote because I'm not crazy about Kilgore (or any of the other Republicans) but I'll never vote Democrat.

I said the whole "All I had to do was punch the candidates names who have an R next to them" just to spite her. I couldn't believe she had the nerve to ask me not to vote simply cause she couldn't get her ass to the poll. If it means so damn much to her, she should have.

Spaceman, you may want to re-read. SkinsHokieFan appears to be on your side. Also pointing out that she only votes dems when you only vote GOP is pot kettle stuff.

Hmmmm, you could be right. Sometimes it's hard to infer peoples tone on here. I took his more to be sarcasm towards me.

Considering I AM republican and she would be a democrat if forced to choose (she's actually further left than any democrat ever, including chomerics!) I don't really see how it is pot/kettle. I know what you were trying to say though, it was semi childish.

Alright, it was a lot childish. But still fun :)

It's worse in Californeeya. We have a legislature that essentially won't take action on any controversial topic (because they know it will go to a proposition vote) and thus - the voters have to have special elections to get stuff passed.

Why exactly are we voting for these people in the 1st place if we have to vote seperately on the issues of the day?

:mad:

....Do you practice? Or does it just come naturally?

My comment to Huly was sincere. I have no problem with Huly at all or her politics, but knowing her strong feelings on the issue of animals she might find herself in less then sympathetic company often with a rightward political leaning. At least this has been my experience.

She's not completely alone though. What We Owe What We Eat is a good article on Matthew Scully (a former George Bush speech writer) and the topic of cruelty endured by livestock written by George Will. Good read for those on the right that care about Gods creatures.

My comment to Huly was sincere. I have no problem with Huly at all or her politics, but knowing her strong feelings on the issue of animals she might find herself in less then sympathetic company often with a rightward political leaning. At least this has been my experience.

She's not completely alone though. What We Owe What We Eat is a good article on Matthew Scully (a former George Bush speech writer) and the topic of cruelty endured by livestock written by George Will. Good read for those on the right that care about Gods creatures.

destino there are repubs that do like animals now :laugh: :laugh: :doh:

In Texas, the big item is same sex marriages.

Blondie

Never heard about it ;)

With the voting for changing the liquor laws here and the marriage issue my preacher is gonna have to work overtime :laugh:

Never heard about it ;)

With the voting for changing the liquor laws here and the marriage issue my preacher is gonna have to work overtime :laugh:

On the ballot is Proposition 2 which "would place a ban on same-sex marriage in the Texas Constitution and prohibit the state or local governments from creating or recognizing "any legal status identical or similar to marriage."

I am surprised your preacher has not already spoken of it.

My preacher didn't but one of the members did when the preacher asked if there were any announcements.

Blondie

I know you do not mean any disrespect! You rarely see any animal issues on a ballot. It is a tough stand if you are democrat or republican. I have to fight both sides almost on a daily basis.

State board of elections updates here...

http://sbe.vipnet.org/index.htm

And of course I voted Kaine. He worked with Warner to make Virginia the best managed state government.

Kilgore ran a negative campaign, had very little experience and sounds like somebody out of Deliverance. It might have been funny to watch the Kilgores' cooking Possum stew at the Governor's mansion...

Potts actually had some decent plans, but was too unpredictable for the Republicans to run. He would never toe the party line. He also helped bring Beamer to Blacksburg...

Archived