Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

voting

MissU28

I couldn't agree with you more!

Why they insisted in showing all that crap here in MD is beyond me....

Both NOva and south md share the same viewing area and stations, If you want to advertise in NOVA you must leakover into MD.

Of course I get all the Ravens games on WBAL 11 from Falls Church so its a good thing

So you are okay with Kaine being Governor even though you dont like him as mayor?

Thats been my personal dillema in all of this

I just figured I need to vote the way I really want to vote, and maybe when they see a registered Republican who has done 100s of hours of free work for them the past 6 or 7 years NOT vote for the party guy, someone will start to think about changes

fair enough.

Im of the belief though that the primary system (or caucus) is the time to make the inner-party choice. Potts may be the better guy, but his involvement may cause the defeat of the 2nd best guy.

I agree with you there, and I expressed during that time period how I felt via some of the delegates who went

Clearly though Jerry was the established choice well before 2005

I pray to God that Leslie Byrne does not win Lt. Governor

I met Creigh Deeds (D) running for Attorney General at Boys State several years ago, good guy and he has enough of a moderate streak for me to vote for him

Both NOva and south md share the same viewing area and stations, If you want to advertise in NOVA you must leakover into MD.

Of course I get all the Ravens games on WBAL 11 from Falls Church so its a good thing

Thats garbage! I live in Baltimore and I can't get Fox 5 in Washington. :mad: I had to sign up for Sunday Ticket...even though this year it has been a waste as all the Redskins games have been broadcast on a Baltimore network.

I would vote for Kilgore because his name is dope.

Was I the only one who voted for Russ Potts?

We did a mock election for our 5th graders.... they "registered" to vote (filled out the form) and on Friday before they left for the day I went over each candidate and their ideals and biographies so the kids knew what they were voting for. I tried very hard to keep my own views out of it (throughout the week, kids asked me, "Miss S, who are you voting for?"...but I told them I was not going to let them know) and I succeeded... I went over each candidate- I made a 3-way Venn Diagram on the board and we compared and contrasted each candidate.

Though some kids were obviously swayed by their parents (already knew who they were going to vote for based on party lines and what their parents had said) I really tried to focus on the issues. AND... when one of the kids started talking about who he was voting for, I got into a spiel about how usually friends don't discuss who they voted for with other friends and that politics is not normally something that people should talk about, because I myself have gotten into heated arguments about it.

SO...for all you democrats.... I was VERY FAIR in presenting Tim Kaine even though I am voting for Kilgore as soon as my last conference is done today (can't even vote at this school- have to go somewhere else to vote). I also presented Potts and we had talked about how he cares about the environment. I collected the kids' ballots and saw that maybe 5 or so of my students actually voted for Potts, which was nice, because they actually looked at the issues. I think my team leader is counting up the ballots today and I'll let y'all know about the results tomorrow :) The kids were really excited about getting to vote and feeling important.

Go Kilgore!

I wasn't gonna vote today but i had a friend call with an assinine request. She said that she couldn't make it to the polls today and was going to ask me not to vote...her democrat vote would have cancelled out my republican vote, according to her. So I told her that I wasn't going to vote but after hearing that stupid request, I was going to go vote right away.

I left her an IM at work saying "Hey, that was the easiest vote ever! all i had to do was punch the candidates names who have an R next to them!"

Archived