Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Eagles at Skins

Art

This is a HUGE win. HUGE.

This win proves that the Dallas win wasn't a fluke. It proves that the Giants game was. We HAD to come out swinging tongiht ... had to scratch and claw for a win, because for the past three years the division has owned us. We haven't had a winning record against the division, at ANY time during the season, since 2000. Here we are, halfway through the season, 2-1 against the division with only one of those games played at home.

Honestly, who cares if TO played? The Eagles have handled us for years without him. We have our own missing players (Cornelious Griffin anyone?) anyways. This is a win we just don't get wihtout Gibbs at the helm. This game is more evidence that this team is turning it around. 5-3 at the halfway point is just fine. The Bucs are reeling. I don't think they have a chance.

Oh, and I think we do miss Smoot a bit.

Our D looked all night like it was on the verge of falling apart, but managed to hang in there.

On offense, guys seemed to be stepping up in stretches; Moss early,then Cooley, then Sellers, then Betts. Brunell was the glue that held it all together.... except for that potentially fatal fumble. Gotta stop that, Scott!

Wonderfull. Im a very happy man right now. We got two division wins to be happy about, Eagles in the celler. Some issues still to be taken care of ,but for this game a win Is a win. I have said we must win this game no matter the cost. Yes the haters will say we beat them without TO but I dont give a wet fart. Third In our division, Eagles in fourth. Portis should get the game ball, he was a stud tonight.Hope to be better prepared for the Bucs. again a win is a win, thats all I wanted tonight let next Sunday work Itself. Damn Its gonna be a great work week! :point2sky :helmet:

I just find it funny that sports center is talkin all about how well the Philly recievers did, and that they'll be ok without TO. Philly lost Sean, don't matter how well their recievers did tonight.

This game went down just the way I expected, hard faught till the end. The Skins looked much sharper tonight on ofense, but we still looked a little soft on D at times. We earned this win with hard work, and now we get to enjoy it for a day or two before we start to think about Tampa.

Life is very good tonight................................not having to work tomorrow makes it that much better.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

The Good:

- Brunell played a solid game all around

- Sellers is a beast!!!!

- Another good game from Moss and Cooley. You can always count on these guys to get open and make catches.

- Arrington had a good game and some huge hits which really shifted the momentum

- Ryan Clark- this guy can play

The Bad:

- Poor run blocking by the o-line

- Hold on to the @$^#%^& ball!!!! Fortunately we recovered a lot of our own fumbles.

- A few miscues by the secondary(mainly that one touchdown play)

- The D really needs to tackle better

Overall, you just have to be happy beating the Eagles.

GIGANTIC win... oustanding!! A few thoughts:

1) Don't discount this win because TO was out. The Eagles are a very good TEAM, McNabb made some incredible plays. Yes, he screwed a couple up as well, but the Skins D was partially responsible for them. Sometimes people press when they know their chances are few and far between.

2) Walt Harris definitely struggled. He almost cost us the game. I like the guy, but I'm sure we'll see a lot more of Carlos and a lot less of Walt in games to come. Yes, we need three CBs sometimes... hopefully Walt will focus and bounce back.

3) John Hall scares me. I'm glad it didn't go to overtime. His field goal and his extra points were kicked extremely low. I hope he can get back to his old form soon.

4) Skins are 4-0 at home. FedEx is coming alive. It was the first home game I couldn't go to this year... but there is definitely a big home field advantage with this team now.

5) A win at Tampa puts the Skins at 6-3 and in SERIOUS playoff contention, not to mention a good possibility of winning the division.

6) Can't celebrate too long. Must focus and beat up on TB next week.

Overall it was great winning a close one. We have lost a lot of close ones over the last few years, so this was awesome. I thought we were much better on Offense tonight. I thought Brunell was very sharp, and fluid, and Portis had a couple of good runs which was nice to see. He saved a TD, by being aware when Brunell got stripped. Cooley needs to hold onto that ball. We were very, very lucky on that drive. How many times have we come up on the losing end on fumbles? So it was nice to get it back for once, or should I say twice.

LaVarrrrrr! Great lift for the D. Had 7 tackles, maybe 6. We got decent pressure on McNabb in the second half. Walt Harris really has to be replaced until he decides to focus and tackle better. I saw Sean Taylor miss a few tackles too. That is a big problem for this team. But it was great seeing us close this one out with our D. Ryan Clark came up big. I think McNabb just let it go when he saw the pressure coming right at him.

Great game for the Skins. Balanced approach. Decent D.

We had a lot of lucky breaks, numerous fumbles being recovered by us, had the ruling on the feild been a catch on Greg Williams review the replay would not have overturned it, the sack on the fake spike. (that fake spike though is a play where Mc missed Owens, because that is a play that they do together, Mc probibly forgot Owens wasn't there to do that play.

Thank god for the win, could have easily bounced away.

The team keeps progressing. No questions about this. The thing that I would like to see and I didn't - it's a overpowering runing game. With 5 minutes left I expected to see some kind of Rigo drill. But I am sure will get there too.

For now let's just enjoy the win.

HTTR

Archived