Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Eagles at Skins

Art

Please contribute some of your thoughts after this game is over. The Redskins may link directly to this thread so you will be sharing with a lot of guests :). I will open this thread just as the game ends for you to use.

Art.

The Redskins do love living on the edge, but, against a team with the experience of the Eagles, I'll take it any way I can get it. It isn't perfect. We still make too many mistakes with the ball putting it at risk. But, for a team absolutely dominated in the division to be 2-1 with the two against the teams MOST dominating against us is a great feeling.

This team has had springboard type games this year and in the past. This is a huge one. You build momentum from this. You solidify it by stealing your second road win against Tampa. And you start to be what you haven't been in too long. A winning team :).

It was meant to be. Every break went our, every challenge, we even recovered most of our fumbles. Played great on both sides of the ball.

Portis stepped up, Sellers is proving me right about being "clasic Redskins RB". McNabbs face, at the end of the game, was priceless.

It's good to be 5-3

when that formation came out on 4th and 4, I knew we won

lol that was the worst play I've ever seen. Went in a Iform twin right, and ran a play-action LIKE ANYONE IN THE WORLD THOUGHT THEY MIGHT RUN IT!

:laugh:

thanks Andy..... nice int Ryan

Damn...

We still needs lots of improvement but a win is a win... this was a must win for us more then PHilly...

The field position game needs work with ST's.

O-line needs to get way better in the run game and the D-line needs players that can get to the QB.

yeah I know we only won the game because TO is out but hey we told the Eagles not to get him...so kiss off....LOL

A fine performance. AH HELL ...WOOO HOOO....Great drives by the offense. That call on Rabach was a "mystery" at the end there.

Defense played awesome save 2 big plays and a few at the end...But the pressure at the end on the Mick was fantastic...Forced the interception...In fact I thought the pressure was quite a bit better throughout.

when that formation came out on 4th and 4, I knew we won

lol that was the worst play I've ever seen. Went in a Iform twin right, and ran a play-action LIKE ANYONE IN THE WORLD THOUGHT THEY MIGHT RUN IT!

:laugh:

thanks Andy..... nice int Ryan

LOL i felt the same as u..... they coulda just put those in the I as 2 extra recievers or somethin!

I assume we'll see Carlos Rogers starting veerrry soon, especially as his tackling skills was a prime reason why we had him as our highest ranked corner in the draft.

We played near-flawless football tonight. A few stupid penalties, a couple dropped passes, and a few boneheaded fumbles... But tonight, the bounces finally came our way. It was about time.

- The Sellers fumble ruled (correctly) as a touchdown. An inch or two further back, and it could have been Eagles ball.

- The James "Fair Catch" Thrash muffed punt return, brilliantly recovered

- The Cooley fumble, again brilliantly recovered by a charging Dockery

These were some of the bounces that on another week, we would not have gotten, and may have very well not won this game.

And how about that game from the officiating crew? They were bashed this past week by some here, and I think they should get credit where credit is due. I don't think they made one bad call all night.

A great game all around. Brunell - unbelievable. Portis was justly highlighted for his plays away from the ball. Moss, Cooley, and Sellers all made plays when given the opportunity to. We threw the ball deep downfield only once, I believe, to great effect (def. pass interference). I hope to see some more of that next week.

Bring on Tampa

Archived