Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Over-rated player in the NFL...

Sherlock Holmes

Let me address this first for the people that say Vick is overrated...

Football is about winning games... his record is

28 - 17 -1

This is going 1 -4 his rookie year and 8 -6 his second year

His last 3 years he has gone 19 - 7

I dont think he is overrated at all

People on my overrated list....

Roy Williams

Keyshawn Johnson

Jake Plummer

Champ Bailey

Brett Farve

Hi guys,

- Randy Moss...we stifled the guy last year with a banged up secondary!

yet, he still made a ridiculous TD catch (and another tremendous play if you count the long TD that was called back)

yea the guy can be a headcase and a bad teammate, but I think Randy's numbers speak for themselves

as far as overrated I think Roy Williams gets too much credit (I think it's funny how you see Cowboys fans with .GIFS of Roy Williams' hits in their signatures on other sites and yet the receiver always seems to hold on to the ball for a first down.) we all know about his coverage skills :laugh:

I would love to say Vick, but he does win games as MeNoRevs has said. He is a dual threat, if he learned how to put touch on his passes they actually could get better.

Now Favre has won something to his credit. However, do I think the media sucks his nuts too much, yes.

I woulda said Lavar before, but he certainly came back and did pretty well as we all thought.

Eli Manning is not overrated, he's only rated due to his draft status, and he is rising, he does scare me this week.

I have to go with Ray Lewis, only right now people are starting to realize that he isnt LT, and that his skills are going down from that 3-4 year stretch he had earlier.

I have to go with Ray Lewis, only right now people are starting to realize that he isnt LT, and that his skills are going down from that 3-4 year stretch he had earlier.

Yes, he's getting older, he's also taking a lot more abuse from OLinemen this year because their front 4 isn't that good. lat year he was in a 3-4 D.

the 3-4 year stretch? try the 8 year stretch. I hate the Raven with such passion, but Ray Lewis is the real deal. atleast...he was.

My vote for most overrated is Jamal Lewis for sure.

Hi guys,

Lets have some ideas then.

Personally mine are:

- Vick, Atlanta Falcons.

- Eli Manning (lets hope hes overrated!)

- Randy Moss...we stifled the guy last year with a banged up secondary!

R. Moss was playing injured that game. You think he's overrated - look at how pathetic the Vikes' O is now without him. The only thing overrated about him is he chokes during the playoffs. Same with Peyton.

Just wait til Vick has someone at WR to throw to, and then see how he does. Right now he's carrying 80% of that offense. Give him a Marvin Harrison or a TO, and he'd be among the top rated QBs in the game - just look at how McGnat's ##s jumped when he got TO.

Better candidates for Overrated:

Roland Bailey

Lavar (sorry, I love the guy's heart)

Kearse

Just because you think Vick is overrated doesn't mean you hate him. I think he's overrated but would love to have him on the Skins. He seems to be annointed as the Michael Jordan of the NFL and he isn't on that level. No where near it. Maybe that's over hyped. I probably have him at that spot because I live in Blacksburg. In this part of Virginia he is twice the player that Michael Jordan ever was. Hokie fans are so annoying.

Funny most of the people everyone here lists as overated does have a bad game every once in a while. Even though most of these players have great games most of the time.

I am beginning to think there are no overated players in the NFL if you do not perform on a consistent basis you are gone. Some guys might be hyped up but they make big plays when they need to.

Randy Moss - you are in idiot if you think he is overated

Mike Vick - all he does is win, and is the best to watch

Keyshawn - Has similar numbers to Irvin for a career

Roy Williams - Yes has gotten burn a couple of times, but makes a play when needed ask NY

Champ - Not even close, if he was still a skin most of you would be kissing his a$$ :)

Now my list:

Joey Harrington - Looking like Couch

Kyle Boyler - Is not NFL material

Ramsey - he is not a probowl player like many think, honestly we don't know how good he is

David Carr - that QB class is not looking good at all

If you watched the game last night there's no way you can say Vick is overrated. He can do thing that noones else in the league can do, at ANY position, and make them look easy. I watched him throw about a 10 yard pass from the pocket to the sideline last night, his head and body were still facing downfield. It's a hard thing to explain, but if you really just sit and watch him, he's sick! I also think he could make Santana look slow...

Favre IS football. He's old football, not the new gigantic contract (whether his is or not), bling-bling athlete. He's a throwback. There's noone else you'd rather have on your team down by 3 touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Sure, there's a chance that he's gonna throw it up, but he's still giving it the shot. I don't think Favre is overrated at all...perhaps underrated.

IMO the most overrated is Jeremy Shockey. Before the game I always here "gotta watch out for Shockey". Shockey this, Shockey that...He's not a bad player, but he's never really done anything for me.

Archived