Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boomer: "Brunell's two td passes won't bring confidence to the Redskins offense"

skinsfanevan

OK, let's be honest here and look at it from an outsiders perspective. Our offense has looked absolutely dreadful outside of those 2 passes, and maybe Brunell's other 20+ yard pass to Moss. Noone can say for certain yet if it's a flash in the pan or a turning point. Heath Shuler connected on a bomb and beat Dallas in Texas Stadium, but he was still a horrible QB. I hope we've turned the corner, but if not, we could very well be in for a repeat of last year with Brunell at the helm. People have to guess on these shows who the busts will be, and I'd have to say it's far more likely for Brunell to be a disappointment than, say, Eli. :(

Up front, I should say that I am the world's biggest homer. No doubt about it. But the Redskins usually don't get the credit that some other more "flashy" teams do, do we? I think the 14-2 season in 1991 was about the quietest 14-2 I've ever seen.

I like the underdog role. The longer we can fly under the radar screen, the better. Here's to a "quiet" 16-0!

:cheers:

Look, if you think some of us fans are hard on Brunell and the O, what do you expect from the Broadcasters? Of course they think it was just a freak accident.

What they fail to understand is that the Dallas secondary has some issues, that will probably be exposed more and more, as we are now seeing in the San Fran game.

Again if Mark Brunell is consistent, we are a FORCE in the NFL period. Same would apply for Ramsey if he replaces Brunell due to injury.

Look, if you think some of us fans are hard on Brunell and the O, what do you expect from the Broadcasters? Of course they think it was just a freak accident.

What they fail to understand is that the Dallas secondary has some issues, that will probably be exposed more and more, as we are now seeing in the San Fran game.

Again if Mark Brunell is consistent, we are a FORCE in the NFL period. Same would apply for Ramsey if he replaces Brunell due to injury.

May the FORCE be with us.

251px-StarWarsMoviePoster1977.jpg

I think that the Redskins' offense HAS THE POTENTIAL to be an AVERAGE offense once Joe Gibbs gets it opened up. However, I don't think that the offense will run fluidly next week against Seattle or the week after that in Denver. Portis may do well in both games, but the NEW offense won't. It takes longer than two-three weeks for an offense to be installed.

With that said, I am more than happy to win under the radar games by three points until our offense steps it up. Most of You guys are missing the point. The more we get disrespected by the media, the less likely it is for our currently AVERAGE team to get complacent and drop a game that we will need later.

What do these "experts" really know anyway? Last week, the Monday Night Football crew went 0-8 on their "lead pipe locks"!

OK, let's be honest here and look at it from an outsiders perspective. Our offense has looked absolutely dreadful outside of those 2 passes, and maybe Brunell's other 20+ yard pass to Moss. Noone can say for certain yet if it's a flash in the pan or a turning point. Heath Shuler connected on a bomb and beat Dallas in Texas Stadium, but he was still a horrible QB. I hope we've turned the corner, but if not, we could very well be in for a repeat of last year with Brunell at the helm. People have to guess on these shows who the busts will be, and I'd have to say it's far more likely for Brunell to be a disappointment than, say, Eli. :([/QUOTof a showing.I don't know I don't think the 180+ yards rushing against the Bears wasn't too bad.And as far as QB'S, I believe Eli has a long way to go and Brunell may end up being more effective than Eli this year.

Archived