Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Rome Needs Jim Everett to tackle him again.

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I hope this wasn't posted, cuz I want everyone to read my beef with this crap-cake.

Today Jim Rome's bitter ass came down on Joe Gibbs. He quoted Joe saying, "It was one of the greatest moments in sports for me." Jim took that comment and ran with it. (You can watch this on ESPN Motion at ESPN.com).

Captioned: "Clueless Joe?"

Rome b*tched about Gibbs' Superbowl wins and Nascar championships as being obviously better than last night's win. He then went on to make some real smart-allic comments to Gibbs. Such as, "Where do you rank that pre-season win over Pittsburgh this year, Joe?" Rome will find anything he can turn in to a whine and moan fest.

It's absolutely uncalled for to zero in on one comment and go with it. How Bush League.

Let's do some in-depth thinking, shall we?

Dallas has been owning us for 10 years now. We were down 13-0 with 3 1/2 minutes to go, in their house (where we haven't won in a decade). They enshrined their triplets in our faces, on monday night, on national TV. The game was like chinese water torture, with us dying slowly, with a shutout on their doorstep. Oh by the way, this is the biggest rivalry in football.

The "moment", Jim, was directed towards the last 4 minutes of the game. Please show me great MOMENTS the Redskins have had besides that 40+ 2nd Quarter in the SB. Championships are accomplishments made over time, not "moments," smart guy. I think Gibbs recognized people with enough common sense could seperate the two.

Gibbs, not to mention our team, was facing TWO weeks of scrutiny and depression, a damning of his QB decision, and questions as to when he is going to leave this team.

Nobody, including Gibbs, can remember a game that looked so damning turn in to such an uplifting MOMENT.

*And as Ouvan59 points out later in this thread. "One of" does NOT equal "The" greatest moment. Gibbs saying "one of his greatest moments" could mean it's in the Top 30 of his career.

Jim Rome, you need to move to Nevada to find a woman, my man. Better yet, JAIL! :laugh:

ahhh this is why I don't watch/listen to most of these guys. This is the formula I keep seeing:

"mainstream" media says A, B, and C about Topic Q

"edgy studio loudmouths" want to be different/controversial/attention whores, and say L, T, and W about Topic Q.

They rant and rant. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'll listen to Rome-y when I want a laugh or need to remind myself why goatees are a bad idea. Not much else.

simon

At times i think he makes good points.

But this wasn't one of them. I was watching this when he said it.

I agree with the previous poster, who is he to say what Gibbs' best moments are? This is the biggest win in his comeback and this could very well set the tone for our season.

We came back against our biggest rival, in their stadium, in the final minutes. I don't see how anyone couldn't view this as huge.

**** off Rome.

Rome-y is just another in a long line of loudmouths who call attention to themselves by trying to be controversial in hopes of getting ratings.

The fact is, sports shows are a dime a dozen, and with the internet giving us any number of sports related resources, these guys know they have to ratchet up the controversy or people will just ignore them. Problem is, the more they do it, the more they alienate fans who aren't looking for every sports story to be a fight in the making.

It's like FOX Sports. During the late games they always show snippets of their pathetic pre-game show to tell us what we missed if we weren't watching, and it's always some clip of Bradshaw yucking it up like a Kentucky fried idiot. Like his big mouth is going to make me wanna tune in next week. :doh:

I hope this wasn't posted, cuz I want everyone to read my beef with this crap-cake.

Today Jim Rome's bitter ass came down on Joe Gibbs. He quoted Joe saying, "It was one of the greatest moments in sports for me." Jim took that comment and ran with it. (You can watch this on ESPN Motion at ESPN.com).

Captioned: "Clueless Joe?"

Rome b*tched about Gibbs' Superbowl wins and Nascar championships as being obviously better than last night's win. He then went on to make some real smart-allic comments to Gibbs. Such as, "Where do you rank that pre-season win over Pittsburgh this year, Joe?" Rome will find anything he can turn in to a whine and moan fest.

It's absolutely uncalled for to zero in on one comment and go with it. How Bush League.

Let's do some in-depth thinking, shall we?

Dallas has been owning us for 10 years now. We were down 13-0 with 3 1/2 minutes to go, in their house (where we haven't won in a decade). They enshrined their triplets in our faces, on monday night, on national TV. The game was like chinese water torture, with us dying slowly, with a shutout on their doorstep. Oh by the way, this is the biggest rivalry in football.

The "moment", Jim, was directed towards the last 4 minutes of the game. Please show me great MOMENTS the Redskins have had besides that 40+ 2nd Quarter in the SB. Championships are accomplishments made over time, not "moments," smart guy. I think Gibbs recognized people with enough common sense could seperate the two.

Gibbs, not to mention our team, was facing TWO weeks of scrutiny and depression, a damning of his QB decision, and questions as to when he is going to leave this team.

Nobody, including Gibbs, can remember a game that looked so damning turn in to such an uplifting MOMENT.

Jim Rome, you need to move to Nevada to find a woman, my man. Better yet, JAIL! :laugh:

I would like to slap the stupid right out of him but I probably wouldn't have the heart to hit a mangirl. When I think of Jimmy Home one word comes to mind...punk.

Rome is simply one of the worst on air personalities to watch or listen to if you're looking for honest commentary or insight on any sport related subject. He has made his carrer off of getting Jim Everett mad enough to attack him on tv and ever since then he has tried to live up to the guy who will get under athlete's skin persona. The only problem is with the exception of Everett no one else has ever taken him seriously enough to get upset with him because a.) He has no credabilty and b.) No one really cares about his opinions. For me personaly the most entertaining thing about Rome is when people make fun of him (like they did on fox sunday morning)

Anyway he no right to say which moments Gibbs enjoyed most given he was pesonally involved in zero of them. Maybe we'll all get lucky and when Len Pasquarelli has the inevitable heart attack he'll collapse on Romey

Archived