Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Rome Needs Jim Everett to tackle him again.

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Just tell Taylor that Rome stole his ATV.

LMAO!!!!

As for Rome.

Ummmm, Jimmy do you understand what "ONE" of my greatest moments in sports means? It doesn't mean it is "THE" greatest moment in sports. It doesn't mean that Joe said this surpasses the SB victories or the NASCAR victories. It means that this was pretty neat and ONE of his greatest moments.

LMAO!!!!

As for Rome.

Ummmm, Jimmy do you understand what "ONE" of my greatest moments in sports means? It doesn't mean it is "THE" greatest moment in sports. It doesn't mean that Joe said this surpasses the SB victories or the NASCAR victories. It means that this was pretty neat and ONE of his greatest moments.

Good point. I missed that due to the fact that I don't get paid to write articles. I think I SHOULD, considering Jim Rome is somehow on television.

I don't think Rome even knows much about sports. It seems like he only has a show because he carries himself as not afraid to make bold statements, but to me it comes off more of a combination of arrogance mixed with ignorance.

Around the time Gibbs was hired back I saw a piece he did talking about Parcells and Gibbs, thinking he was going to talk about their rivalry or compare them. Instead he said "Coaches don't mean a thing in professional sports, it's only the players that matter."

yeah, ok:thumbsup:

Jim Rome isn't the only one. I know a lot of dudes who read the NFL hater 'talking points' on how to undermine this win.

Talk about how it's only week two. Talk about the first 55 minutes. Calll the passes 'desperation hail marys'.

What we should be doing is realizing why they're going to such measures - it's called 'fear coupled with desperation'.

Somewhere, out there in TV Land, live a whole bunch of mediots. And they've been talking ish about the Skins, Snyder, and yes, even Joe, for a long time now. Obviously Mr Snyder gets it the worst. But even sacrosanct Joe has taken some cheap shots. 'Game's passed him by'. 'Can't coach with the salary cap'. And every single one of these guys - Rome, Salisbury, to name but two - had just about written his football obituary. Cause, surely, the Skins would suck, and surely, that would once and for all slay the Skins franchise, run Snyder out of town, and be good for a laugh for years.

Funny thing happened on the way to the Ring of Fame Game.

Joe won. And the Skins won. And the Cowboys LOST. AT HOME. ON MNF.

All the mediots know how big that win was. They saw Roy Williams' face. They saw Tuna talking to himself; then the MNF director pushed in tighter, and they saw something. You may have seen it, too:

Parcells bit his lip.

It wasn't 'Shoot, they got me'. It was 'Sh!t, what am I gonna do now? I can't score against this defense. Not without a trick play, at least. Game over, man!'

Yes, that's right, Gibbs reduced the Tuna to a bit character from "Aliens". 'What're we gonna do now, man? Huh? What're we gonna do now?!'

This sounded alarm bells all across TV land. Most mediots slept fitfully, because they had called it all along. 'Gibbs will right the ship'. 'Gibbs will cast a team in his image, and run all day'. 'Gibbs will see the playoffs, no question, in year three/four/five'.

It's about The Truth. And The Truth is, if you can really run the ball, you can control the clock. And you can beat other teams up. And you can do it in December, too. And when you couple that with no mistakes, and a ferocious D, you have a problem for the other teams in the league.

What's behind Rome and Salisbury et al is that they dread facing the interviews. They dread having their assistants try to book Redskins on their shows. They dread having to say nice, complimentary things about the Redskin franchise, and even (gasp) Daniel Snyder. It's called crow, homies. And Joe Gibbs is fixin' to have a big batch of BBQ for them in the post-season. And frankly, they're just not hungry.

They see the writing on the wall. They can feel that the stars were aligned for the Skins to break the Big D curse, and they don't want to re-write their playbooks.

Rome is desperate. So he'll go down swinging. Won't be the only one. So will the Giants, the Eagles, and other teams who just plain don't like our stingy D and run run run offense that suddenly seems a threat to win squeakers, week in and week out. Cause if you think about it, who knows how far these Redskins can go? What if they get the run so oiled up that the pass becomes an easier option? What happens then?!?!

We know what happens then. And we like it. We like it a lot.

HTTR!

I don't think Rome even knows much about sports. It seems like he only has a show because he carries himself as not afraid to make bold statements, but to me it comes off more of a combination of arrogance mixed with ignorance.

The problem is that he doesn't really make all that bold or controversial statements. He just acts like he does.

Jim Rome: "Baby Killers!!! You just can't condone killing babies. These guys need the chair. Rack me!!! Out!!!"

I hope this wasn't posted, cuz I want everyone to read my beef with this crap-cake.

Today Jim Rome's bitter ass came down on Joe Gibbs. He quoted Joe saying, "It was one of the greatest moments in sports for me." Jim took that comment and ran with it. (You can watch this on ESPN Motion at ESPN.com).

Captioned: "Clueless Joe?"

Rome b*tched about Gibbs' Superbowl wins and Nascar championships as being obviously better than last night's win. He then went on to make some real smart-allic comments to Gibbs. Such as, "Where do you rank that pre-season win over Pittsburgh this year, Joe?" Rome will find anything he can turn in to a whine and moan fest.

I haven't listened to rome in about 2 years, and from what I am reading he hasn't changed one bit. rome is famous for beating down a topic,quote,story,etc. He is the master of contradiction and always sounds like a broken record. I only wish ROME WAS BURNING!!!!:dallasuck

Jim Rome isn't the only one. I know a lot of dudes who read the NFL hater 'talking points' on how to undermine this win.

Talk about how it's only week two. Talk about the first 55 minutes. Calll the passes 'desperation hail marys'.

What we should be doing is realizing why they're going to such measures - it's called 'fear coupled with desperation'.

Somewhere, out there in TV Land, live a whole bunch of mediots. And they've been talking ish about the Skins, Snyder, and yes, even Joe, for a long time now. Obviously Mr Snyder gets it the worst. But even sacrosanct Joe has taken some cheap shots. 'Game's passed him by'. 'Can't coach with the salary cap'. And every single one of these guys - Rome, Salisbury, to name but two - had just about written his football obituary. Cause, surely, the Skins would suck, and surely, that would once and for all slay the Skins franchise, run Snyder out of town, and be good for a laugh for years.

Funny thing happened on the way to the Ring of Fame Game.

Joe won. And the Skins won. And the Cowboys LOST. AT HOME. ON MNF.

All the mediots know how big that win was. They saw Roy Williams' face. They saw Tuna talking to himself; then the MNF director pushed in tighter, and they saw something. You may have seen it, too:

Parcells bit his lip.

It wasn't 'Shoot, they got me'. It was 'Sh!t, what am I gonna do now? I can't score against this defense. Not without a trick play, at least. Game over, man!'

Yes, that's right, Gibbs reduced the Tuna to a bit character from "Aliens". 'What're we gonna do now, man? Huh? What're we gonna do now?!'

This sounded alarm bells all across TV land. Most mediots slept fitfully, because they had called it all along. 'Gibbs will right the ship'. 'Gibbs will cast a team in his image, and run all day'. 'Gibbs will see the playoffs, no question, in year three/four/five'.

It's about The Truth. And The Truth is, if you can really run the ball, you can control the clock. And you can beat other teams up. And you can do it in December, too. And when you couple that with no mistakes, and a ferocious D, you have a problem for the other teams in the league.

What's behind Rome and Salisbury et al is that they dread facing the interviews. They dread having their assistants try to book Redskins on their shows. They dread having to say nice, complimentary things about the Redskin franchise, and even (gasp) Daniel Snyder. It's called crow, homies. And Joe Gibbs is fixin' to have a big batch of BBQ for them in the post-season. And frankly, they're just not hungry.

They see the writing on the wall. They can feel that the stars were aligned for the Skins to break the Big D curse, and they don't want to re-write their playbooks.

Rome is desperate. So he'll go down swinging. Won't be the only one. So will the Giants, the Eagles, and other teams who just plain don't like our stingy D and run run run offense that suddenly seems a threat to win squeakers, week in and week out. Cause if you think about it, who knows how far these Redskins can go? What if they get the run so oiled up that the pass becomes an easier option? What happens then?!?!

We know what happens then. And we like it. We like it a lot.

HTTR!

:applause: :applause: Amen, brother

Rome does not understand the Rivalry, if he truly understood the rivalry he would know where Coach Gibbs was coming from!

Don't tells these guys that this was just another win.

redskins_8661360HOMEPG.jpg

redskins_8661375_WA5PG.jpg

_E7T5017HOMEPG.jpg

_E7T5008HOMEPG.jpg

_E7T4985HOMEPG.jpg

_E7T4987HMEPG.jpg

Grweta post.

Also, Jim Rome is wrong about as often as he is on tv. All you need is tivo to basically corner him into a wrong statement. The ultimate flip flopper. He'll VERY LIKELY be on Gibbs' stuff by the end of the year.

Also, this might be redundent, but I LOVE GIBBS. Not in a weird way. This is why- he's old school, he respects the homage. I truly feel he hates the Cowgirls as much as us fans. Not every caoch really gets that. They might understand its a rivalry, BUT GIBBS SEEMS TO HATE THE GIRLS. And I love this. The comments earlier this year, and many others along the way show he really concentrates on beating the Girls. I think this is beyond the call of caoching and beyond great.

Thus, one of his greatest moments on sports- I'm sure if HE wanted to HE could validate that. :dallasuck

Archived