Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the offense improved?

JimmiJo

Ramsey didn't even play the last 3 QTRS. He had more passing yds by far with less completions in one QTR of play than Brunell did for 3. I think our offense would have got rolling but for some reason Gibbs never put Ramsey back in. Here's hoping he was just playing it safe.

Ramsey didn't even play the last 3 QTRS. He had more passing yds by far with less completions in one QTR of play than Brunell did for 3. I think our offense would have got rolling but for some reason Gibbs never put Ramsey back in. Here's hoping he was just playing it safe.

I think Brunell did not throw a pass for most the third quarter so you really can't judge:

P. Ramsey 6/11 105 0 1

M. Brunell 8/14 70 0 0

Santana moss looked pretty good.

I have sunday ticket, so I watched the whole game. Regardless, I don't think your team has improved on offense nearly as much as some people on this board, with all the 20+ point predictions from around here.

Maybe a little though.

I agree after today's game.

With Patrick Ramsey at the helm, it has big play potential (as well as higher risk of the occasionally painful TO). With Brunell at the helm, and Gibbs and his OC running the show, you have the most archaic, antiquated offense in the NFL. Thankfully, a healthier, improved OL and some workhorse efforts by Portis and Betts helped us net enough FGs to have a chance to win. Ramsey hit some big intermediate-deep passes, including one called back on a third down for illegal motion, not to mention a bogus call on what should have been a TD to Cooley. With Brunell, this will be the lowest scoring, lowest yards per play offense in the NFL again, and Portis will eventually be ground to dust as teams key exclusively on him knowing Brunell can't beat them for anything more than 10 yards ... not so with Patrick. Brunell is still at his league worst Yards Per Attempt rate, completely negating any explosiveness Moss/Patten potentially bring.

thank heavens for Gregg Williams, our D, and the incompetence of the Bears for this victory... as Joe and Brunell's unproductive conservativism could easily have lost it for us. Looks like a replay of Brunell's opening day victory over Tampa last years, minus the INT they called back against him.

I like the look of the O w/Brunell in the game, when we got down he took us right down the field and if not for Cooley not getting deep enough into the endzone it would of been a TD drive...

To answer your question yes it has improved, The line played well the WR were open and got seperation, The RB ran hard we just need to get more production from the QB as well as less turnovers from that position...

We can move the ball better, we seem to be more efficient. I think Brunnel was told to stay with the ground game but I thought Ramsey was able to move ok when he was out there. I'm still fukkin ticked off about that clothesline on him. The bears do have a great defense so I don't think we have to be worried.

I think some people need to chill the heck out. Maybe as long as we were getting first downs he didn't want to risk putting Patrick in and getting hurt REALLY bad. Maybe he was worried that Patrick may come back a little gun shy. Turnovers and an iffy pass intf. call on a TD are what made this game so tight. We avoid most of those BAD turnovers and penalties we win this game 20-0.

Last of all some of you guys need to shake that loser mentality. We're 1-0 no matter how we did it. We had a few of these types of games against bad teams in our SB 17 year so chill a little. Enjoy the win...no matter how ugly it was.

It is I believe, but not by much. We did nothing to put fear in anyone.

First game.

Bears have a nasty defence.

We be better WR.

We have better plays for Portis.

Gibbs isnt afraid to us Betts.

We have a healthy FG kicker.

Brunell can lead us to steady drives.

Ramsey can make the bigger plays.

We are better.

Our offense is improved. I think Moss had something like 81 yards in the 1st quarter w/ Ramsey. And Portis was at about 5.8 ypc against a good D. But what about our Defense, the bears wouldn't have had anything if it wasn't for Brown's fumble.

The problem with our offense this game was Brunell really. We only completed one pass to Moss after Ramsey left. You gotta love Moss' ability to make something happen after the catch.

I like the look of the O w/Brunell in the game, when we got down he took us right down the field and if not for Cooley not getting deep enough into the endzone it would of been a TD drive...

To answer your question yes it has improved, The line played well the WR were open and got seperation, The RB ran hard we just need to get more production from the QB as well as less turnovers from that position...

I agree with all that.

Santana moss looked pretty good.

I have sunday ticket, so I watched the whole game. Regardless, I don't think your team has improved on offense nearly as much as some people on this board, with all the 20+ point predictions from around here.

Maybe a little though.

We'll see against your cowgirls next week how much we've improved. I guess you would say that your pickup of Drew and his wheelchair makes dallas so much better. Chicago has a hell of a defense and we played solid ball. One fumble and an obvious missed roughing the passer call and the game would have been a hell of a lot different.

Archived