Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder Chat -- COMPLETE!!!!!

Art

I'm a little surprised he referred to Deion as a 'mistake' (I'm glad to hear this but surprised he used that term considering politics, etc.)

Wonder if this chat will get any play in the mainstream outlets?

That was the best response for me out of the entire chat.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was all great, but finally after putting up with Deion "blowing kisses" to Dan Snyder and crap like that, Dan comes out and calls Deion exactly what he is....A MISTAKE. I hope that gets back to that POS in Baltimore.

Some observations: He's getting really good at dancing around questions as I expect most owners are. I was surprised, though, at the directness of other answers. You can tell from this chat that he is definitely a results-oriented guy and is very comfortable with Gibbs at the helm, probably more comfortable than he has been in a long time. He also seems to be developing a thicker skin nowadays although his distaste for the current media reporting, shared by most of us, is pretty strong. There's almost a love-hate relationship there or maybe it's simply tolerating a necessary evil. What I found the coolest was the fact that he visits this site from time to time.

Thanks to the mods and Mr. Snyder for putting this together and allowing it to happen. It was almost surreal. :cheers:

Some observations: He's getting really good at dancing around questions as I expect most owners are. I was surprised, though, at the directness of other answers. You can tell from this chat that he is definitely a results-oriented guy and is very comfortable with Gibbs at the helm, probably more comfortable than he has been in a long time. He also seems to be developing a thicker skin nowadays although his distaste for the current media reporting, shared by most of us, is pretty strong. There's almost a love-hate relationship there or maybe it's simply tolerating a necessary evil. What I found the coolest was the fact that he visits this site from time to time.

Thanks to the mods and Mr. Snyder for putting this together and allowing it to happen. It was almost surreal. :cheers:

This pretty much sums up how I feel. Kudos to the staff and too bad Bubba wasn't here to enjoy it. Hope you are feeling well Bubba. :point2sky

This was a great chat mods, very informative. I guess all the naysayers about the merger were right, this will hurt the site. :doh:

This is exactly what I was hoping to get from the merger, some inside access. Can't wait for the Gibb's chat, this merger is looking better and better by the day. More inside info, with as much remaining the same as possible.

Thanks again mods, looks like we are off to great start so far!! :cheers:

Thanks to Dan Snyder for the chat. Looking forward to his next one.

Tip of the hat to Die Hard and Co. for having a dream, working your tails off, and bringing thousands of like minded people on this ongoing, incredible ride.

Man! Does this place suck or what!! :D

There are definitely a coupla gems in there I think we'll be dissecting for a while ... but you know what strikes me most? The fact that we were just able to conduct a casual, candid and conversational chat with the owner of the Washington Redskins---on a fan message board. And we know for a FACT that the questions were our own.

Merger or no merger, affiliation or no affiliation, staff member or no staff member ... as a Redskins fan I'm marking this as a pretty damn cool day.

There are definitely a coupla gems in there I think we'll be dissecting for a while ... but you know what strikes me most? The fact that we were just able to conduct a casual, candid and conversational chat with the owner of the Washington Redskins---on a fan message board. And we know for a FACT that the questions were our own.

Merger or no merger, affiliation or no affiliation, staff member or no staff member ... as a Redskins fan I'm marking this as a pretty damn cool day.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I just went back and re-read everything and I found myself thinking what other owner would take the time to do this? And the fact that he was willing to answer any question thrown at him was pretty impressive - and you guys asked some good questions...not to many "softballs" in there.

Good job mods and fellow ES'ers!!!

....my favorite is the port-o-potty's - "Consider it done". :applause: :laugh:

Excellent point Om. I'm not a big Snyder fan but I'm glad he came on line to chat with the fans. That's impressive.

Was glad for a contact name for some of the stadium issues. Very glad to see that the Redskins apparently don't have a big problem with an individual using Ebay for tickets as opposed to scalpers/brokers. A big running theme to the chat seemed to be his dislike for the print media.

There are definitely a coupla gems in there I think we'll be dissecting for a while ...

Yeah.

I definately see the return of the gas or charcoal debate now. :)

Seriously though, this is a pretty cool day for just the reasons Om listed.

From Reaganaut

In the last Super Bowl year with Joe Gibbs as coach the Skins played Atlanta. Deion Sanders taunted the crowd and earned some animosity from Skins fans. He then went to San Francisco and Dallas and did not redeem himself in the eyes of many Skins fans. As a Skins fan yourself, why did you not share in the animosity against Deion Sanders shared by many fans and instead went out and signed him?

Dan Snyder

Well, sometimes you make mistakes.

:laugh: I thought that was very funny.

Question for mods:

how did the chat physically take place? face to face? over the phone? just curious.

If it was face to face... any anecdotes, etc? Was he smiling at certain times, etc?

Thanks again.

I've been begging the team to have Dan take me and Eric out to dinner :). So far no go, but, I'm sure my request to sit in his luxury box is being processed in the affirmative :). Maybe not. As with our chats with Swanson and Cerrato, I've developed a relationship with the team and I live in Minnesota. I conduct these chats via phone from Minnesota, transcribing as I go and taping. This was easier due to the extra help we had with the team and the mods here.

We hope to have some chats where we attend Redskins Park in person, but, the soonest we'd do that is the Portis chat.

Awesome job guys. My close fellow football fans around here (49'ers, raiders, Seahawks, steelerss, Green bay) are all envious of what we have in superior access to our team's coaches, players (redskins.com's features) and now owner!

I hope at least some of the pereptual Snyder-whiners/haters read this chat...it's prob like wishing any other hopelessly partisan person can expand their thinking enough to see there's more to the matter than their comfortable reflex positions...

for those not so anchored...it was a great opportunity for us fans to hear it straight from the source...my personal favorite part was Dan referring to Gibbs as the greatest leader he's met in sports, business, or his personal life...thanks Art and ES for such a special feature. And we get Gibbs next!

Great job to the ExtremeSkins staff & Snyder. That was great insight into the brains behind the operation. I'm always intrigued by behind-the-scenes activities. I really feel a part of things even though I'm over 1000 miles away. Now I see why ours is the most valuable franchise in all sports. We have something unique & special here. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!

Excellent job guys. The way that the whole thing was handled from Dan Snyder to the questions that were asked was very well done. I liked how Snyder gave "real" answers like callling the whole Dieon signing a mistake instead of dodging it. It is great to see that our owner is a real person and not just a face behind tinted windows.

I think it would be interesting to get his take on those Coles questions that there were not enough time for. But it was really informative for a young kid like me.

Archived