Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder Chat -- COMPLETE!!!!!

Art

I do agree with this. I wasn't even going to read the post because these kind of titles just irritate the hell out of me. Gibbs lies, Dan lies, I'm sick of it.

One thing I know :dallasuck

I agree.

One thing even the haters need to realize is that Dan Snyder doesn't do anything half a$$.

Poor OM. Does Dan Snyder know you're his stalker? Actually, it's quite simple to show replays on an analog jumbotron. Snyder acknowledged as much -- he just noted that it's even easier with an all-digital, brand-spankin'-new system. That's true. What you don't know is that he doesn't need to jerry-rig some duct-taped VCR to the phone lines.

you also aren’t remotely qualified to speak to the actual systems in place at FedEx Field, nor what actual upgrades would be necessary to achieve the kind of patchwork system you seem to expect the team to finance. Or, for that matter, where exactly in their R&D on this upgrade they might actually BE at this point, or how much money they might have already poured into it. If you do possess that knowledge, thought, by all means share with us you insider info and prove me wrong.

Actually, I sit on the board for a company that builds and installs digital signage, including integrated stadium systems. (I won't specifiy which one -- we'd like his business!) Based on my experience, his excuses for showing commercials instead of replays are flat-out wrong.

I am speaking from experience. You are, as you note, guessing. Stop guessing. Do a little research. Don't just reactively defend Snyder.

You’re obviously welcome to continue speculating yourself silly about Synder’s motivations as to why that's not been done, but to try to use the fact that they've NOT cobbled something together like you think they should, as an excuse to implicitly call the owner incompetent, dishonest or both, is in poor taste and lacks foundation.

You said you'll look into this. If he is dishonest, will you then call him dishonest?

Hmmm... this makes no sense.

Digital to analog conversion is easy. You don't need to replace the screen to show digital content on it. Anyone with an analog TV (analog just means any pre-digital TV) and a digital Tivo set knows that you have no problem showing replays, rewinding, etc. The jumbotron is just an output device -- it's easy to convert the digital signal. He can't mean that his infrastructure is analog, because the commercials he's showing are almost certainly digital content, too. But if it is, it's not a very expensive proposition, relatively speaking, to upgrade it.

I smell a rat. Either Danny is addicted to the revenue generated by running commercials on the jumbotron and is just blowing smoke, or he's seriously confused about the technology.

As TO says, "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

I deseve an apology!

Now where is my loofa?

Poor OM. Does Dan Snyder know you're his stalker? Actually, it's quite simple to show replays on an analog jumbotron. Snyder acknowledged as much -- he just noted that it's even easier with an all-digital, brand-spankin'-new system. That's true. What you don't know is that he doesn't need to jerry-rig some duct-taped VCR to the phone lines.

Actually, I sit on the board for a company that builds and installs digital signage, including integrated stadium systems. (I won't specifiy which one -- we'd like his business!) Based on my experience, his excuses for showing commercials instead of replays are flat-out wrong.

I am speaking from experience. You are, as you note, guessing. Stop guessing. Do a little research. Don't just reactively defend Snyder.

You said you'll look into this. If he is dishonest, will you then call him dishonest?

You are one lovable cuss, aintcha? Hard to imagine how you ever got banned.

I frankly expected better than “stalker” from you, my friend—a man of your apparent education—but that’s besides the point. Thank you for sharing your alleged background in this area. though. Doesn’t really change much, in my view, but it might have been useful information to have at hand when you FIRST accused the owner of dishonesty, incompetence, duplicity or whatever else you seem to think of him based on a couple of answers to questions in a chat (all while coveting his money, of course—a nice touch) on his message board.

Now that you’ve done so, though, the fact remains—they’ve chosen NOT to cobble something together, but to upgrade the whole thing. They have reasons for doing so that they’ve not publicly stated as yet. We’ll see if they do. You, meanwhile, with all your inside knowledge about their particular systems and state of their development of the system they’ve said they’re going to build, however, think you’ve got a handle on those reasons—heck, you’ve even assigned probabilities to them.

Interestingly, all of them 1) assume that your background puts you in position to judge what they have and have not, should or should not, and can or cannot do with the present configuration at FedEx, and 2) imply that whatever their actual reasons for not doing the cobbling are, they’re clearly NOT legitimate or practical reasons, but attributable to the owner’s lack of integrity or cerebral wattage.

That’s the part you might want to defend while the team decides whether or not to waste their time publishing information for your edification on the present state of their stadium upgrades, based on one MADD fans’ inflammatory public accusa----er, request on their message board.

Do a little explaining, bro. Don’t just reactively criticize the owner or anyone who calls you on it when you do it in a boorish, heavy-handed or agenda-driven manner.

Hmmm... this makes no sense.

Digital to analog conversion is easy. You don't need to replace the screen to show digital content on it. Anyone with an analog TV (analog just means any pre-digital TV) and a digital Tivo set knows that you have no problem showing replays, rewinding, etc. The jumbotron is just an output device -- it's easy to convert the digital signal. He can't mean that his infrastructure is analog, because the commercials he's showing are almost certainly digital content, too. But if it is, it's not a very expensive proposition, relatively speaking, to upgrade it.

I smell a rat. Either Danny is addicted to the revenue generated by running commercials on the jumbotron and is just blowing smoke, or he's seriously confused about the technology.

As TO says, "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

Other sayings might go it is often better to be silent and hide one's ignorance than to speak and remove all doubt.

Snyder is not speaking as to the ability to run digital content to an analog screen, though, to be certain, we don't actually know how that would look depending on the technology of the screen. Snyder pretty clearly outlined that the current system that's in place runs video into analog devices, like tape.

To show replays, you have to rewind the tape where with digital systems, the programming is such that at the push of a button a replay is available. The quoted material is simple. The confusion is your own. I have no idea what would be involved in swapping out tape for digital equipment and a new wiring and system to display digital content.

But, he never suggested you couldn't show digital content on the current screen. He said, very clearly, the system there now requires more manual effort to get replays going than it does with systems that are entirely digital.

Mr. Snyder,

You keep the Redskin name to honor Native Americans. What do you say to those majority of Native Americans that don't see it as an honor at all?

Edit: how to you ask mr. snyder questions?

Go Washington!!!:eaglesuck

....this chat was completed last week....and how many times are you going to ask this question in one night?

Dan Snyder is the worst owner in this area. He constantly ostracizes the fans and comes across as just another cold businessman. It's totally his perogative to make as much money as possible but as the owner of this team he makes my skin crawl.

You know, I disagree. For all of the arguable moves he's made as owner, I have seen gradual improvement in his decisions, and improvement in the overall state of the franchise, including financial success, which goes a long way toward being able to field a championship-caliber team, which is what we all ultimately want.

I found a lot of the mistakes he made in his first couple of years the same that I may have as a dedicated fan obsessed with changing the recent losing ways of my favorite team. I still wanted somebody to ask him if he hates Dallas as much as we and Coach Gibbs do.

Mr. Snyder,

You keep the Redskin name to honor Native Americans. What do you say to those majority of Native Americans that don't see it as an honor at all?

Edit: how to you ask mr. snyder questions?

Go Washington!!!:eaglesuck

Actually, it's a fact a majority of Native Americans have no problem with the name whatsoever. None. What say you to that?

Archived