if God see fit for me to play again i'll give it my all like always. I wish my

Redskin family the best and to all my brothers stay healthy and win. I love all

of you because without you i dont exist, thank you i wish you peace and

many blessings...

your truly

Dmac,DMacaveli,DMarvelous,Marvin,DMacalypes, ya boi

the "Artist" Darnerien

Wow,

funny that his My Words on 8/27/05 only looks forward to playing the Ravens next week.......I still am curious what is the deal with McCants and the lack of playing time/ thus leading to being cut (I suppose this is coming right?).

Andyman, Blade, Om, TK, Tarhog, DieHard.......anybody have a "inside" scoop on this?

Thanks matty for the tip!!

After reading all of the camp reports about how McCants was consistently half-assing it I'm not surprised that he got the boot. Gibbs let it be know last year that he expects players to perform in practice and McCants kept insisting that he's more effective in game situations.

Can anyone say they are really surprised?

When you have to go back a couple of years under a different staff to point to a time when a player makes a meaningful contribution, he is invariably in trouble.

Gibbs doesn't not need a 6'3 receiver to have a successful season, although it is possible that Kevin Dyson will make the final roster now. His spot is by no means assured as the team has quality in the backfield to consider for spots.

Darnerian will get picked up again because teams are in love with size.

Remember Alvin Harper? Here was a guy that basked in the shadow of Michael Irvin, signed a big contract with the Bucs and then proceeded to live off is rep from his days with the Cowboys for another 3-4 years.

The guy was a lousy route runner and had average hands. What kept him in the NFL was his height at 6'4 and his jumping ability.

McCants on the other hand didn't even make it onto the field as a #2 receiver as Harper did in the beginning in Dallas.

I think #85 finally got his act together in 2005 in showing a willingness to play special teams, etc. but it was just too little, too late.

I wish DMac the best.

That said - get your ass outta Washington. Your head was not in the game. Your singing at draft day really proved to me that your priorities were all wrong. Be a singer or a WR. While you may have been the tallest and you felt pretty comfortable.....you refused to get in gear. Adios Muchaco.

it's a wrap...........the book on the 2001 draft class of the Washington Redskins is officially closed...........

1. Rod Gardner

2. Fred Smoot

4. Sage Rosenfels

5. Darnerian McCants

6. Mario Monds

They are all history now..........................

Archived