Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCants says he's no longer a Redskin

matty dread

I think its quite to the contrary. Everytime he was in a game, he produced. Check the stats, they dont lie.

"good things happen when you get Darnerian McCants the ball" - Sonny J

gibbs gave d-mac a chance , got to earn what you get and d-mac practiced half assed so he didnt get much PT and when he did play in gibbs system he did not produce , tho he might do well elsewhere he doesnt fit in here he walks around like hes randy moss and hes never been better than a number 3 , remember gibbs did use d-mac last year , wasnt a lot cause he didnt earn it , and when he did play he didnt exactly "light it up"

Yea, him, Gardner, and Coles

See, I don't sweat those guys as much because they will provide considerable cap relief in the future. Plus, they already contributed what they were capable of. It just didn't fit the scheme.

Dmac was cheap in terms of the cap and could have been somewhat of a surprise threat backing up our small starting lineup.

See, I don't sweat those guys as much because they will provide considerable cap relief in the future. Plus, they already contributed what they were capable of. It just didn't fit the scheme.

Dmac was cheap in terms of the cap and could have been somewhat of a surprise threat backing up our small starting lineup.

good point

In today's NFL, you have to fill more than one pair of shoes unless you are a premier player. If you are a backup, you have to show some versatility. I believe every backup and some starters play special teams. In order for Lavar to get a bonus, he has to play in an astronomical amount of special teams.

McCants was only a WR and did not play special teams. I don't know if this was a personal decision or a coach's decision, but that fact severely limits him on a 53-man roster. McCants was also, at best, a 3rd reciever and a red zone threat. Thrash and Jacobs both play on special teams and I don't know about Dyson. Guys like Nemo and Rock, who are battling for spots, play on special teams. McCants did not show the determination or versatility to play for Gibbs.

His goodbye statement punctuated his worth when he signed the message with SEVEN names. Terrell Owens can be egocentric because hes that good, McCants still needs to show that hes can succeed in this league.

I wish him luck and he will be on a 53-amn roster at the start of the season.

One Mic, are you, by chance, related to "DarnNear?" You seem to like him an awful lot.

Nah, ive just been a big fan of his, and have watched him get railroaded in college and in the NFL, and I just wanna see him get a real chance. I mean he got led the team in points in the 2004 season under Spurrier, and I think its rididulous that Gibbs is treating him this way when the public has not personally seen him do anything wrong. Then I have to sit and listen to gibbs get asked a question about how McCants and Dyson look this preseason, and all he could say back, and I quote, was "Dyson's always smilin." What does that have to do with how they play? Im just tired of the Joe Gibbs bull.

I'm not sweating losing McCants. It was obvious that he wasn't going to work out here. He needs to get serious about his football career and not making crappy records. He can't expect to half-ass it in practice and then get run in games.

That being said, I'm less then enthused about the prospect of keeping Dyson. The guy looked like absolute :pooh: against Pitt and really hasn't shown anything so far this preseason, besides looking like a washed up wideout.

Like Bufford suggested, let's hope the FO is keeping their eye on other underperforming WRs who may become available.

The only reason he hasnt done anything is because they havent thrown him the ball. Have you ever tried makin catches when the ball never comes your way, or when you are not even active to play? Sonny Jurgenson himself would tell you that, "good things happen when you go to McCants." I can tell you what happened, McCants didnt kiss up to gibbs enough so the tried to make him look bad. But he couldnt make him look bad by throwin to him, cuz then he might score. Even last season year during preseason he had few passes his way, but still he scored a 61 yard touchdown and the only touchdown by a receiver during that preseason. All McCants does is make plays, even commin out of college his senior year he only caught 36 passes, but 18 were touchdowns. Freakin 18 out of 36, thats half, and two of the games he had 5 touchdowns. Which was a feat only accomplished by Jerry Rice. So, the true fact is that, James Thrash, David Patton, and Kevin Dyson are gettin old and are runnin outta time so they gotta kiss up anywhere they go cuz they may not get picked up anywhere else. Apperently Gibbs loves a kiss up, that of unless you are sean taylor who says he didnt show up earlier this year nor return the coaches phone calls cuz he said "It was preseason." Im just glad that McCants can finally get out of here and go shine somewhere else cuz this organization has just become sad, and I feel sorry for the longtime diehard fans that come and pay increased ticket prices each year to watch a sub-par team.

Beware gentlemen. Crack makes you type stupid things

In today's NFL, you have to fill more than one pair of shoes unless you are a premier player. If you are a backup, you have to show some versatility. I believe every backup and some starters play special teams. In order for Lavar to get a bonus, he has to play in an astronomical amount of special teams.

McCants was only a WR and did not play special teams. I don't know if this was a personal decision or a coach's decision, but that fact severely limits him on a 53-man roster. McCants was also, at best, a 3rd reciever and a red zone threat. Thrash and Jacobs both play on special teams and I don't know about Dyson. Guys like Nemo and Rock, who are battling for spots, play on special teams. McCants did not show the determination or versatility to play for Gibbs.

His goodbye statement punctuated his worth when he signed the message with SEVEN names. Terrell Owens can be egocentric because hes that good, McCants still needs to show that hes can succeed in this league.

I wish him luck and he will be on a 53-amn roster at the start of the season.

LoL, know why he didnt play special teams? Cuz they didnt put him on special teams. Just more of Gibbs BS. Notice he didnt say that the other receivers were better than him, he never said that. He just kept givin enough BS to keep the press from askin about it. So, if you were to not play ppl for not being on special teams, then what special team unit was Gardner on? What about Portis? Its just a dumb reason that gibbs said to keep ppl off of that question. Oh and the only reason he put all those names on his message, is because those are names that fans have given him. If you've ever gone to a ccamp, he is usually one of THEE last ppl to stop signing autographs, and even when his hand was hurt and he couldnt sign, he told ppl that he could take pictures with them instead. So, this is your bad, this is gibbs Archvillain. Heh, dont be surprised if they drop Lavar sometime soon.

LoL, know why he didnt play special teams? Cuz they didnt put him on special teams. Just more of Gibbs BS. Notice he didnt say that the other receivers were better than him, he never said that. He just kept givin enough BS to keep the press from askin about it. So, if you were to not play ppl for not being on special teams, then what special team unit was Gardner on? What about Portis? Its just a dumb reason that gibbs said to keep ppl off of that question. Oh and the only reason he put all those names on his message, is because those are names that fans have given him. If you've ever gone to a ccamp, he is usually one of THEE last ppl to stop signing autographs, and even when his hand was hurt and he couldnt sign, he told ppl that he could take pictures with them instead. So, this is your bad, this is gibbs Archvillain. Heh, dont be surprised if they drop Lavar sometime soon.

ONE MIC = DARNERIAN MCCANTS!!!

WE'LL MISS YOU D-MAC!!

Beware gentlemen. Crack makes you type stupid things

So, I guess crack would also make you do stupid things like hang onto every single thing that Joe Gibbs says? The same guy that said Ramsey will be his guy no matter what happens, even he just absolutely stinks the place up. And this is guy is your pilot, the guy who makes all the decisions. Well, get your parachutt ready for when the this plane goes down.

Congratulations mic, you just demonstrated an outstanding ability to miss a point. Let me help you. Evoskins used the term backup. Now take a look at the names you provided. Portis and Gardner. You getting it yet? Gibbs doesn't have to say the other receivers are better than DMac. He demonstrated it by cutting the guy. Though he did so early enough to help the man possibly make another team. Which shows that they do believe he can play, ( just not for the Skins), and that they are not holding him back or have anything against him.

He really could have been a TO clone

Look at TO his first few years in the NFL. Same type of frame

But TO actually busted his ass, worked hard, got huge, and while off the field is a pain in the ass, on the field is dominant

McCants, if he had done that, could have been very good. But he still looks the same as he did in 2001

He really could have been a TO clone

Look at TO his first few years in the NFL. Same type of frame

But TO actually busted his ass, worked hard, got huge, and while off the field is a pain in the ass, on the field is dominant

McCants, if he had done that, could have been very good. But he still looks the same as he did in 2001

Ok, but how many balls did they throw to him this preseason. Its quite obvious they just dont want the dude to shine. Oh and BTW, you can tell that Im not McCants, if you go to his website and see the way he types, you'll see that he pays a lot less attention to grammer and punctuation as I do.

So, I guess crack would also make you do stupid things like hang onto every single thing that Joe Gibbs says? The same guy that said Ramsey will be his guy no matter what happens, even he just absolutely stinks the place up. And this is guy is your pilot, the guy who makes all the decisions. Well, get your parachutt ready for when the this plane goes down.

No. Crack evidently makes you hold up a bum who never wanted to work for a paycheck as a hero, while at the same time saying that a man who is in the Hall of Fame, has gone to four Super Bowls and won three of them is a bum.

Put the pipe down son

Archived