Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCants says he's no longer a Redskin

matty dread

Not surprised.

Lack of work ethic and more of a desire to be a musician and artist than a football player.

Yeah, that's the popular line. But you don't get to the pro level, and stay there for a few years, without a good work ethic.

Sorry Coach, I'm not buying!!!!

GRIMREEFA, the simple fact is that McCants hasn't shown us anything in two years. He showed an ability to make some plays in the red zone under a Steve Spurrier offense that has been discredited in the NFL.

That was 6 touchdowns over 2 years ago.

Joe Gibbs didn't see enough in him in 2 years to consider him for the 5th receiver spot.

And you think he is going to go somewhere else and be a star? :laugh:

I think he is more likely to be another Derrius Thompson that sticks around for a few years as a backup player.

well, James Thrash has been a starter on a team that twice made the NFC title game. Dyson was a starter on a team that went to the Super Bowl. Patten has been a contributor on a team that has won three Super Bowls.

so, ONEMIC, you are going to compare that to what, the fact McCants sat on the inactive list for most of last season? :laugh:

come on. face the facts. the guy didn't produce. he had a chance to play on a team whose offense ranked #30 in the NFL last year and couldn't get on the field.

THAT is the most damning thing that can be said about his career.

yea, but would you say that anyone of those guys are top receivers?

heck, if thats so you can say that freddie mitchell is a top receiver cause he caught one touchdown in the playoffs.

Wow.

Figured he would have been among the last to go. Credit to Gibbs for giving the guy a chance to catch on elsewhere, but I'm concerned that we could regret it if injuries occur between now and Sept 11th. God forbid anyone should go down and we need him...

I wish DMac the best.

That said - get your ass outta Washington. Your head was not in the game. Your singing at draft day really proved to me that your priorities were all wrong. Be a singer or a WR. While you may have been the tallest and you felt pretty comfortable.....you refused to get in gear. Adios Muchaco.

Man - you really are grumpy!

Couldn't agree with you more.

GRIMREEFA, the simple fact is that McCants hasn't shown us anything in two years. He showed an ability to make some plays in the red zone under a Steve Spurrier offense that has been discredited in the NFL.

That was 6 touchdowns over 2 years ago.

Joe Gibbs didn't see enough in him in 2 years to consider him for the 5th receiver spot.

And you think he is going to go somewhere else and be a star? :laugh:

I think he is more likely to be another Derrius Thompson that sticks around for a few years as a backup player.

The only reason he hasnt done anything is because they havent thrown him the ball. Have you ever tried makin catches when the ball never comes your way, or when you are not even active to play? Sonny Jurgenson himself would tell you that, "good things happen when you go to McCants." I can tell you what happened, McCants didnt kiss up to gibbs enough so the tried to make him look bad. But he couldnt make him look bad by throwin to him, cuz then he might score. Even last season year during preseason he had few passes his way, but still he scored a 61 yard touchdown and the only touchdown by a receiver during that preseason. All McCants does is make plays, even commin out of college his senior year he only caught 36 passes, but 18 were touchdowns. Freakin 18 out of 36, thats half, and two of the games he had 5 touchdowns. Which was a feat only accomplished by Jerry Rice. So, the true fact is that, James Thrash, David Patton, and Kevin Dyson are gettin old and are runnin outta time so they gotta kiss up anywhere they go cuz they may not get picked up anywhere else. Apperently Gibbs loves a kiss up, that of unless you are sean taylor who says he didnt show up earlier this year nor return the coaches phone calls cuz he said "It was preseason." Im just glad that McCants can finally get out of here and go shine somewhere else cuz this organization has just become sad, and I feel sorry for the longtime diehard fans that come and pay increased ticket prices each year to watch a sub-par team.

The only reason he hasnt done anything is because they havent thrown him the ball. Have you ever tried makin catches when the ball never comes your way, or when you are not even active to play? Sonny Jurgenson himself would tell you that, "good things happen when you go to McCants." I can tell you what happened, McCants didnt kiss up to gibbs enough so the tried to make him look bad. But he couldnt make him look bad by throwin to him, cuz then he might score. Even last season year during preseason he had few passes his way, but still he scored a 61 yard touchdown and the only touchdown by a receiver during that preseason. All McCants does is make plays, even commin out of college his senior year he only caught 36 passes, but 18 were touchdowns. Freakin 18 out of 36, thats half, and two of the games he had 5 touchdowns. Which was a feat only accomplished by Jerry Rice. So, the true fact is that, James Thrash, David Patton, and Kevin Dyson are gettin old and are runnin outta time so they gotta kiss up anywhere they go cuz they may not get picked up anywhere else. Apperently Gibbs loves a kiss up, that of unless you are sean taylor who says he didnt show up earlier this year nor return the coaches phone calls cuz he said "It was preseason." Im just glad that McCants can finally get out of here and go shine somewhere else cuz this organization has just become sad, and I feel sorry for the longtime diehard fans that come and pay increased ticket prices each year to watch a sub-par team.

ehhh....i think i'll give gibbs the benefit of the doubt here. :doh:

it's a wrap...........the book on the 2001 draft class of the Washington Redskins is officially closed...........

1. Rod Gardner

2. Fred Smoot

4. Sage Rosenfels

5. Darnerian McCants

6. Mario Monds

They are all history now..........................

Nice post :applause:

Right. Okay. Well. Beware the swarm. I hope for your part you've got something to back up that kiss up charge besides that's the only way those guys make the team or this is going to be rough on you.

Yeah, that's the popular line. But you don't get to the pro level, and stay there for a few years, without a good work ethic.

Sorry Coach, I'm not buying!!!!

Thank You TahoeSkin, we shouldn't just let gibbs give us this bull all year long. Can anyone tell me one time when they actually learned somethin from listening to a gibbs interview. I dont even know why they still interview him, I understand that he doesnt want ppl knowing whats really going on inside the organization, but he is just being simply ridiculous. And if you seriously think that we have a better receiving corpe than with McCants, Gardner, and Coles who had a combined 17 TDs in spurrier's last season, then you are sadly mistaken. Especially, when most of these guys are injury prone, but dont listen to me tho, watch this season and you'll see. The best shot is to go with a high calibur QB, and that isnt Pat Ramsey.

come on. face the facts. the guy didn't produce. .

I think its quite to the contrary. Everytime he was in a game, he produced. Check the stats, they dont lie.

"good things happen when you get Darnerian McCants the ball" - Sonny J

BTW- Does anyone get the wierd feeling that the user, "One Mic" is infact Darnerian defending himself to the people. Either that user put in a lot of research to find all of his stats and milestones, or DMAC is getting use of the new official Skins Message Board.

I think its quite to the contrary. Everytime he was in a game, he produced. Check the stats, they dont lie.

"good things happen when you get Darnerian McCants the ball" - Sonny J

BTW- Does anyone get the wierd feeling that the user, "One Mic" is infact Darnerian defending himself to the people. Either that user put in a lot of research to find all of his stats and milestones, or DMAC is getting use of the new official Skins Message Board.

LOL, no but, I watched him throughout his college and NFL career, and I think he deserves a fair chance. Im just tired of the Gibbs BS, Atleast Spurrier told us the truth. He may have called him "Darkarien," but he did give him a shot after he saw that Taylor Jacobs and Ridell Anthony werent catchin anything when he threw to them.

Archived