Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCants says he's no longer a Redskin

matty dread

it's a wrap...........the book on the 2001 draft class of the Washington Redskins is officially closed...........

1. Rod Gardner

2. Fred Smoot

4. Sage Rosenfels

5. Darnerian McCants

6. Mario Monds

They are all history now..........................

aside from smooty, that list is uuuuhhhhggggglllllyyyyy!!!

these days, you CANNOT afford to piss away entire drafts...

anyways, i agree with other posters that I was a fan of DMac, and I hope he is successful in whatever he does.

it's a wrap...........the book on the 2001 draft class of the Washington Redskins is officially closed...........

1. Rod Gardner

2. Fred Smoot

4. Sage Rosenfels

5. Darnerian McCants

6. Mario Monds

They are all history now..........................

Excellent post Bulldog! :applause:

I hate that we don't keep home-grown.

But that being said, I gotta quote my Grandma - " If you don't want to set the table, don't expect to carve the Thanksgiving turkey"

D Mac - you have to be a professional 24/7. No practice heart - no PT. All my best to you. You got skills - be a pro 24/7. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

what is ironic is that of that 2001 draft class Rod Gardner and Darnerian McCants were let go by the club not because they lacked talent but because both players refused to show the kind of work ethic and focus that is required to become a top player in the NFL.

what is ironic is that of that 2001 draft class Rod Gardner and Darnerian McCants were let go by the club not because they lacked talent but because both players refused to show the kind of work ethic and focus that is required to become a top player in the NFL.

So you mean top players likke James Trash, Kevin Dyson, and David Patten who have been on top Receivers in the NLF for the last few years?

well, James Thrash has been a starter on a team that twice made the NFC title game. Dyson was a starter on a team that went to the Super Bowl. Patten has been a contributor on a team that has won three Super Bowls.

so, ONEMIC, you are going to compare that to what, the fact McCants sat on the inactive list for most of last season? :laugh:

come on. face the facts. the guy didn't produce. he had a chance to play on a team whose offense ranked #30 in the NFL last year and couldn't get on the field.

THAT is the most damning thing that can be said about his career.

Archived