Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's trade for Larry Fitzgerald

Riggo-toni

The Cards once again have losers at the QB position and have replaced the Browns as the worst team. Fitz could do for us what Boldin did for Baltimore. We're not just a player away, that's true, but Fitzgerald could make Alex Smith rise up to average and get us a playoff win...something we haven't had since 2005. Doctson isn't breaking out, and Crowder isn't so spectacular without Garcon and DJax drawing coverage. AP has become out offensive MVP at 33.  A mid-rounder for Fitzgerald could do the same for our passing game.  Also, he is an EXCELLENT veteran leader.

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What would that cost though, a 1st round pick? (Asking cause i honestly don’t know that answer). If it is, then nope. 

No, I was not suggesting that. More along the lines of a 4th rounder like the Eagles did for Ajayi, hence I made the qualification of "mid round pick."

Nah not interested.  But I am sitting here watching  this Thursday night  game and would love for us to see if we can get Devonte Parker.  He's not getting the looks right now but is definitely running good routes. Infact on that pic play, based off the replay. Looks like he was wide open for a potential  touchdown. 

17 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

No, I was not suggesting that. More along the lines of a 4th rounder like the Eagles did for Ajayi, hence I made the qualification of "mid round pick."

I couldn’t see the cardinals accepting lower than a 1st round pick on him though, which is why i was asking what it would in reality cost the team. 

Jay's on record saying "the plays will come" with docston.  Call me crazy, but i believe it.  It starts with actually giving him chances with the ball which they started last week.

So if that's Jay's mindset, it's probably not happening with fitz, but I wouldn't hate it.

I dont think he'd have any interest, and I'm not sure we would either depending on the cost. I'd love it on our end for a year or two for something cheap but I dont really see this happening.  Emmanuel Sanders would be great. Demarius Thomas too. If we are picking off from bad teams or teams stacked at WR what about Jordy Nelson, or One of Green Bay's big young WR's....

12 minutes ago, Dirt said:

Jay's on record saying "the plays will come" with docston.  Call me crazy, but i believe it.  It starts with actually giving him chances with the ball which they started last week.

So if that's Jay's mindset, it's probably not happening with fitz, but I wouldn't hate it.

Is your username, named after where Smith's passes end up, on the majority of times his receiver is open ? ;)

Has

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Question, because I don't know : Has Fitz publicly hinted at when he might retire ?

This is a risky trade because if he decides to retire this offseason, even a 4th round pick is too much for about a half season from him - unless he is the last missing piece for a Super Bowl run, which I believe that you admitted he is not.

51 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is your username, named after where Smith's passes end up, on the majority of times his receiver is open ? ;)

Lol c'mon, he had a couple very obvious overthrows last week, but it's not like the guy cant hit the broad side of a barn.  Hes just reeeealy careful with the ball, which has been great turnover wise, but he needs to take more risky shots... to docston.  You could put the greatest receiver in the game on our field and Alex still wont throw it to him unless hes wide open.  So I dont think fitz would change much of anything, but our formula is working so far, so why mess with it.

1 minute ago, Dirt said:

Lol c'mon, he had a couple very obvious overthrows last week, but it's not like the guy cant hit the broad side of a barn.  Hes just reeeealy careful with the ball, which has been great turnover wise, but he needs to take more risky shots... to docston.  You could put the greatest receiver in the game on our field and Alex still wont throw it to him unless hes wide open.  So I dont think fitz would change much of anything, but our formula is working so far, so why mess with it.

I agree, I'm a fan of him actually. Just a frustrated fan

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I agree, I'm a fan of him actually. Just a frustrated fan

It Is a frustrating brand of football, and who would have guessed that we would have a good run game and great run defense.  Plug in a careful qb and you're in the playoffs.  Plug in a great, dynamic qb and you're winning playoff games for sure.  Plug in one of the best receivers... at this point?... I dunno.

I just don't see lighting striking twice with Peterson and fitz.  This isn't even the first time we've teased the idea of getting fitz.  Again, I wouldn't hate it, but I prefer the plan of letting Alex figure out his receivers.  Dont mess with it, keep winning the way we are winning.

Just you wait till Alex connects on a 50/50 ball to doc for a TD.  You're gonna love it ?

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I love this idea. It's an awful idea really, but I love it. Let's try and get a bunch of old dudes about to retire without rings and just load up.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Rather give it the old college try and see if we can get Landon Collins for cheap 

Like as in the Giants Landon Collins?

Archived