Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley / Free Stuff

OVCChairman

I really like what these new guys seem to be doing. It's not all great, but at least they're trying to shake things up in a good way and bring back some of the fan appreciation and excitement that used to surround the franchise. I'm actually starting to get psyched up for this Dallas game in a way I haven't been for a long time. Which scares me because of recent history with this team when you let them reel you back in. 

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

I really like what these new guys seem to be doing. It's not all great, but at least they're trying to shake things up in a good way and bring back some of the fan appreciation and excitement that used to surround the franchise. I'm actually starting to get psyched up for this Dallas game in a way I haven't been for a long time. Which scares me because of recent history with this team when you let them reel you back in. 

They are treating this organization as it currently is. I think for too long the decision-makers were still infatuated with the history and glory of what this organization was. Like it or not, the Washington Redskins as they currently stand are NOT a premier team. Ratings and attendance don't lie.

They cannot be complacent when it comes to fan interaction and support. Doing things like this to drum up interest and engage is very smart. 

Edit: And I give them credit for biting the bullet and swallowing their collective pride. It can't be easy to go market yourself when you've spent 20 years believing you were untouchable. This is like a dude who's gotten hot girl after hot girl realizing it might be time to join a dating web site because his charms just aren't working. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It can't be easy to go market yourself when you've spent 20 years believing you were untouchable. This is like a dude who's gotten hot girl after hot girl realizing it might be time to join a dating web site because his charms just aren't working. 

For this regime, it's more like realizing that "hot girl" was just a blow-up doll the whole time. At least they're going after "real girls" now. 

Burgundy Week, baby!

image.png.711c8fb6d9c7b3701b743e12d8c46b59.png

The Cowboys used to hate wearing the blue jerseys, so Joe Gibbs would always choose to wear the away white jerseys when playing Dallas in DC, forcing them to wear the blue. 

(I can just hear his high-pitched laugh as he makes that decision, "Heh heh heh heh heh."

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

The Cowboys used to hate wearing the blue jerseys, so Joe Gibbs would always choose to wear the away white jerseys when playing Dallas in DC, forcing them to wear the blue. 

(I can just hear his high-pitched laugh as he makes that decision, "Heh heh heh heh heh."

Actually, under Gibbs, the white jerseys were the official home uniform. His teams always wore white at home, versus everybody. 

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

So, basically, the Skins PR team is now a few guys who used to handle some double AA team in Mobile or Biloxi or something.

Is Max Patkin still alive? Let's bring him out to the park.

PS

I am very sad to report that Max Patkin died <checks internet> 19 years ago.

Up next, fitted hat day

Archived