Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

September 5, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following players to their practice squad:

WR Jehu Chesson

TE J.P. Holtz

The Redskins terminated the contract of the following player from the practice squad:

QB Nic Shimonek

The Redskins signed the following free agent:

LB Josh Keyes

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:

RB Byron Marshall

-REDSKINS-

45 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I think they ought to look at Brogan Roback. He needs developing, but is a big strong armed kid. 

No idea who this is, but cool, I'm bored enough right now to look him up. 

25 minutes ago, carex said:

we're carrying two TEs on the PS.  That's a little odd

Maybe more of an indication that Holtz will spend his majority of time learning more FB, dunno. 

I'm surprised everybody is talking about a practice squad add and nothing about the guy we put on the roster. 

Who is this Keyes guy? 

A quick search, he looks like a bum thats been on half the teams in the nfl in three years but I admit I know nothing about him. 

Does anybody know anything about him. 

50 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe they're trying real hard to develop for the future, since out of the 3 on our roster -

one is so fragile,

one is a step away from retiring,

and the last one seems to be pretty slow in his development.

Could have something to do with him being able to play fullback.They are going to run some two back sets this year and if Perrine /Kelly can’t do the job he could be activated. 

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I'm surprised everybody is talking about a practice squad add and nothing about the guy we put on the roster. 

Who is this Keyes guy? 

A quick search, he looks like a bum thats been on half the teams in the nfl in three years but I admit I know nothing about him. 

Does anybody know anything about him. 

Junior Gallette is out there almost begging to be on this roster. He really started to come on at the end of the year last season. He has publicly stated that he over estimated his value on the market and made a mistake.I believe he said he would play for the veteran minimum.  I for one wouldn’t  mind the Redskins giving him another shot.

23 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Junior Gallette is out there almost begging to be on this roster. He really started to come on at the end of the year last year. He has publicly stated that he over estimated his value on the market and made a mistake.I believe he said he would play for the veteran minimum.  I for one wouldn’t  mind the Redskins giving him another shot.

He said Grudem told him they have 5 OLBs right now but if something should happen they'd get in contact with him. 

14 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I did a little more research. 

Looks like a special teams guy. 

Even still, probably not a good one.

Total times he was cut in 3 years : 10 times

And he's only been on an active roster about half of that entire time.

38 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Could have something to do with him being able to play fullback.They are going to run some two back sets this year and if Perrine /Kelly can’t do the job he could be activated. 

I feel like, by now, they should have had a good idea of whether or not Perine or Kelley can play FB.

40 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I feel like, by now, they should have had a good idea of whether or not Perine or Kelley can play FB.

Could be,but both have dealt with injuries and Perrine with fumbleitis. If he lays on the ground a couple more times in critical situations he could be gone.All conjecture anyway,just a thought.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Even still, probably not a good one.

Total times he was cut in 3 years : 10 times

And he's only been on an active roster about half of that entire time.

Kelley has played FB. but he also lost weight in the last off season.  That could affect it

Seems like the obvious moves post cut day played out well for Skins.  They wanted to get Bibbs to the PS and Holtz to the PS, while not risking Marshall and ultimately getting him IR'd for later.  Appears the plan worked.  Also means, they're probably overrating the guys they tried to keep.  Kinda Meh about the whole thing, but Jay got what he wanted.  

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Do you have a library of these gif's in your head, and you just KNOW what you want to use, or do you just google and pick something?

Twitter has gotten to the point that those things have taken over.

It's like noone bothers to type out a response anymore, they're practically all GIF reponses to a twitter thread.

Archived