Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I still go back to the point if this is true, and this is the only objectionable thing he has done in the past thirty years, can he not be forgiven for it? I’m fine with waiting till after the election to nominate/confirm a supreme court justice that will in office for life, but this seems likes a huge political game.

No.  If it’s true he’s toast.  

The left ran ran out All Franken for placing his hands CLOSE to a women’s breasts.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I still go back to the point if this is true, and this is the only objectionable thing he has done in the past thirty years, can he not be forgiven for it? I’m fine with waiting till after the election to nominate/confirm a supreme court justice that will in office for life, but this seems likes a huge political game.

I mean, only bad thing if we ignore the likely perjury and turn a blind eye to the fact he somehow wiped out 200K in debt in a year and his explanation doesn't add up.

• Like 1

i think the gop will bet it has a strong enough hand to go ahead on monday...they're tightening ranks and even the moderate taking heads are starting to be less benign to ford and becoming impatient....i bet they plow ahead with no investigation and tell ford to show up or not...don't think this atty can get any investigation going at this point unless soem other development occurs

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He is probably a millionaire by now.  The assault has not affected him until now, has it?  If he did it, time to pay the price.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i think the gop will bet it has a strong enough hand to go ahead on monday...they're tightening ranks and even the moderate taking heads are starting to be less benign to ford and becoming impatient....i bet they plow ahead with no investigation and tell ford to show up or not...don't think this atty can get any investigation going at this point unless soem other development occurs

Her lawyer is no dummy.  She knows exactly what she’s doing calling specifically for the FBI to investigate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

They are accurate enough.  I am reading that they can be 90% accurate.  And critics say it is 70% accurate.  Which is good enough for me.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92847&page=1

Dollars to donuts that if your livelihood and reputation were at stake, your lawyer (you would have one) would all but forbid you to take a polygraph. 30% chance of you losing everything even if you are being 100% honest and have nothing to hide. Think about that. 1/3 basically. You playing Russian roulette with a 1 in 3 chance of dying? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Let's say it's true this dude has proven himself untruthful. Plus his lies have forced a woman to leave her home and fear for the safety of her and her family. He can never admit it even if he did it.

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The GOP will rally and vote. Even though they could literally investigate or get someone else. It won't smell right to voters though. An investigation seems reasonable given the accusation.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Dollars to donuts that if your livelihood and reputation were at stake, your lawyer (you would have one) would all but forbid you to take a polygraph. 30% chance of you losing everything even if you are being 100% honest and have nothing to hide. Think about that. 1/3 basically. You playing Russian roulette with a 1 in 3 chance of dying? 

Polygraph tests are not admissible in courtrooms anyway.  I am fine with using it in situations like this.  Here we are trying to judge a person's character.  And I believe the 90% is the accurate number

3 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

If the GOP rams this through next week, the level of fired up from blue voters will increase exponentially and flip the Senate 

Impeach, convict & then impeach Kav after 

They’ve offered Ford the opportunity.  If she refuses to testify why shouldn’t they move forward?

Just now, SkinsHokieFan said:

If you have gone through a poly you realize what BS it is. Get the right or wrong examiner & suddenly anyone comes off as “deceptive” 

Of course questions can make a difference.  That's why you need to make it as specific as possible.  If you ask something like "Have you assaulted someone ever", I wonder how many men would pass a general question like that.  90% of us would fail.  This is why you need to make it specific.

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Of course questions can make a difference.  That's why you need to make it as specific as possible.  If you ask something like "Have you assaulted someone ever", I wonder how many men would pass a general question like that.  90% of us would fail.  This is why you need to make it specific.

You have established over the last page and half that you have no idea how polygraphs work, are administered, and have never taken one. So forgive me if I give little weight to you “thinking” the 90% number is the accurate number. 

And a polygraph for situations like like this are for show only. Ford passed a “polygraph” that her attorney set up. No LEA polygraphed her. No intel agency polygraphed her. 

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

Which Dem that is currently a no will become a yes if he passes a poly?

I would say that right now all Dems are a no.  If he passes a poly, Manchin from West VA comes to mind. A couple of others from red states I bet.  

I also bet that the republican senator Collins would quickly vote yes.  Right now she probably does not know what to do.

Again this idea that Kavanaugh has somehow been punished his whole life for this alleged incident.  If what Ford said is true, can someone point to any point up until a few days ago that he has been held accountable?  He seemed to go on with his fruitful life never having to worry about it.

Can he be forgiven?  I would say yes, however forgiving him *and* rewarding him with a lifetime appointment to a position that will shape our laws for the next 40 years? Nah.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

You have established over the last page and half that you have no idea how polygraphs work, are administered, and have never taken one. So forgive me if I give little weight to you “thinking” the 90% number is the accurate number. 

And a polygraph for situations like like this are for show only. Ford passed a “polygraph” that her attorney set up. No LEA polygraphed her. No intel agency polygraphed her. 

I am reading that you need to take a polygraph test for certain security clearance applications.  How bad can it be if even the government uses it like that? 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Again this idea that Kavanaugh has somehow been punished his whole life for this alleged incident.  If what Ford said is true, can someone point to any point up until a few days ago that he has been held accountable?  He seemed to go on with his fruitful life never having to worry about it.

Can he be forgiven?  I would say yes, however forgiving him and rewarding him with a lifetime appointment to a position that will shape our laws for the next 40 years? Nah.

I agree.  If he did it there is no second chance in this arena. 

Which is why I want to see more info.  But if she won’t cooperats, well then what should we do?

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

When did the burden of proof in this country shift from the “prosecutor” to the “defense?” 

Well the guy isn't going to go to jail regardless.  There is the court of public opinion, but there should also be a legitimate investigation so as much information and details as possible can be used to come to the best possible conclusion. 

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Which is why I want to see more info.  But if she won’t cooperate, well then what should we do?

I don't know. We have to cross that bridge when we get there I suppose, however when we say "cooperate" it should also be reasonable as far a what is being requested of her.  Last I heard she is asking for an investigation to be done first before testifying.  Does that sound unreasonable?

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

I am reading that you need to take a polygraph test for certain security clearance applications.  How bad can it be if even the government uses it like that? 

That’s not what you are asking here. What you are asking is for a man to take a polygraph that if any flags get raised will disqualify him forever from the peak of his profession. And likely ends his career. And you want to compare that to taking a poly to get a job?

Here’s a hint, the govt asks if you have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor (not traffic related misdemeanors) in their security clearance process. Not accused. So in theory, Brett Kavanaugh could apply for a position requiring a clearance right now and not be disqualified.